The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Out Of Weapon Ideas, De?

Vanadium

It seems like it, with these weird...gun-swords-without-guns. I'm not a fan, yeah. Some people might be. That's fine. I don't mind if you throw one of these at us like...once a month, but you've been piling these on. If you're pumping these out just because you can't think what else to throw at us, here's a list of what we still could have:

-A Pump-action shotgun

-A Spear w/ a spear stance

-A lever-action shotgun

-A folding grip-action shotgun

maxresdefault.jpgburgess6.jpg

see: Burgess folding shotgun

-A belt-fed LMG (all we got are mag-fed)

-A double-barreled revolver

58594.jpg

-A triple-barreled revolver

17m08391rchjzjpg.jpg

-A Gun-Hammer

tumblr_mqf7cjnK9q1rwjpnyo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mqf7cjnK9q1rwjpnyo2_1280.jpg

-More gunblades

-A double-barreled rifle

-Most of your own guns

6qITmyo.jpg

Especially that one

-Flails

4623959.jpg

-Flail Staff

Shou-Shao-b.jpg

-Three-Section-Staff

Rattan-3-Sectional-Staff.jpg

...To name a few. I'm just saying, your guy's time is better spent on cooler stuff we don't have yet, then giving us stuff we have that makes a lot of people just scratch their heads.

Once some of the emptier categories are filled out, they should definitely get weird with it. Right now though, there are some weapon types which only have a couple weapons in them. That should get fixed first.

Honestly they should focus on rebalancing the current weapons before releasing new ones. And new melee types would mean new combos, requiring resources that is currently being used for new parkour system animations and etc. I'd love to see a gun hammer similar to the one in Killing Floor 2 down the line though. 

Edited by DesuEx

i want more gun blades so much we could do with that imagine a long sword with a sniper inside? or dual daggers with pistols or a mace with a bolt action rifle? so many options and they dont have to be loki only like the redeemer they could be legitimately useful to everyone.

i want more gun blades so much we could do with that imagine a long sword with a sniper inside? or dual daggers with pistols or a mace with a bolt action rifle? so many options and they dont have to be loki only like the redeemer they could be legitimately useful to everyone.

Agree, about gunblades need more of those weapon types, but only if they wont require redeemer to craft em of it)

What feedback? 

Exactly, when you swing a melee, there's no feeling of connection with the strike other than being able to see the numbers pop up. At least have the screen slightly shake and have the melee weapon pause on hit to give a more visual emphasis of your attacks hitting. Also doesn't help that the scaling in this game is bonkers in higher levels, so ontop of the lack of feedback, my swings barely do damage to them. 

Edited by DesuEx

Exactly, when you swing a melee, there's no feeling of connection with the strike other than being able to see the numbers pop up. At least have the screen slightly shake and have the melee weapon pause on hit to give a more visual emphasis of your attacks hitting. Also doesn't help that the scaling in this game is bonkers in higher levels, so ontop of the lack of feedback, my swings barely do damage to them. 

well to be fair at later levels your basically attacking the hulk with a sword you found in your garage and painted blue

Honestly they should focus on rebalancing the current weapons before releasing new ones. And new melee types would mean new combos, requiring resources that is currently being used for new parkour system animations and etc. I'd love to see a gun hammer similar to the one in Killing Floor 2 down the line though. 

With the worst balancing ever I totally concur. So many cool weapons with just a little nudge could actually be worth using instead of being ranking fodder... like the silva and aegis easily the best looking weapon in the game for melee but very sadly it's garbage the buff to blocking still sucks. The explosives should be unbrokebuffed, gammacor should have reasonable drain not super drain, excaliber should be getting super buffed... Damn DE cant balance only knee jerk super nerfs and half assed buffs. So much potential especially with the syndicate augments! Sadly none are of any use except for the burston prime one and the grinlock one really

They could also use unused weapons from Melee Weapon Concept contest like grineer pile bunker or fujin sword(not sure if it can be called sword since it lacks edge)

pile bunker:

http://i.imgur.com/IRoFirO.png

fujin:

http://i.imgur.com/LXGcBh8.png

Actually I think that pile bunker as single fist weapon could be part of completly new category of weapon worn only on one hand and capable of delivering massive damage to enemy, also there could  a lot of variety in this weapon category not just pile bunker, for example oversized rocket powered fist(kinda like rocket punch of gipsy danger from pacific rim),  some kind of gauntlet that uses pistons to increase punching power or something like Jacqui Briggs has in MK-X a gauntlet that shots shotgun blasts when hiting enemy and so on.

Also there is another topic with interesting weapons idea, a weapons that change modes, kinda like gun-scythe from rwby or trick weapons from bloodborne, here is the topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/470921-morphing-weapons/

It would be great if more people joined discusion in that topic, I really wonder what is people opinion about this idea, would this weapon work in warframe and how could it be done in best way :).