The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Freezes, But I Can Still Play

TheMengoMango

So, this has has been happening to me all day and I can't seem to find a solution to it. The screen freeze happens randomly whenever I play. The screen would freeze, but I can still play and move around, from what my teammates have told me. I'm not sure exactly how to fix as I just changed the graphics settings and turned off directx11, but even then it didn't help.

CPU - AMD FX-8320E 8-core processor 3.20GHZ

RAM - 16GB

GPU - Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280x

I've also had this problem in the past. I noticed it happened consistently when my GPU power exceeded 100% (Observable from my G510 keyboard display using the EVGA Precision X app).

I was using a GTX 760 at the time. I used Precision X to scale back my power limit to ~90% and the issue went away completely. 

A similar issue also exists for the Witcher 3 and I fixed the issue in the same way. I had a GTX 970 at that time.

I would recommend lowering your power limit using overclocking software and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem and its really frustrating.There is no crash report or anything to report that.

Ok found out what happend in the windows report.

nvlddmkm was not responding.

So how we can fix that?

Edited by K0bra

I have the same problem and its really frustrating.There is no crash report or anything to report that.

Ok found out what happend in the windows report.

nvlddmkm was not responding.

So how we can fix that?

Latest Nvidia drivers (353.62) should have fixed the TDR crash that you are experiencing. I would recommend installing those if you have not already and if the issue persists then try enabling v-sync.

I have the same issues, with a Nvidia 750M on the latest drivers. V-sync is on. It says the driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered, though of course the screen is frozen. The game is till running though, as the sounds still work.

Latest Nvidia drivers (353.62) should have fixed the TDR crash that you are experiencing. I would recommend installing those if you have not already and if the issue persists then try enabling v-sync.

I did both of those and it still does the same for me. This is U17 doing this to me.

Edited by Lancars

I've had this issue for quite awhile. Now it's almost impossible to get more than an hour of gameplay without it crashing. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular mission either. It can happen mid- mission, just after I get back to my ship from a mission, or most notably, there's a very high chance that it crashes when I look at my quests at my ship's codex, when it loads the 3D rendered in game view.

AMD athlon x4 760k

Saphire r9 280x

8 gb kingston hyperx ram.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers + adaptive vsync enabled.

The problem is that your drivers are crashing and then restarting and since warframe has no way to reload the game graphics ( simple way pressing alt+enter to switch from windowed to fullscreen to reload graphics) you can't fix it without restarting.