Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proc Damage Isn't Calculating Based Off The Damage Of The Proc After Mods That Affect Damage Types.

OfficerBeepsky

It's scaling off weapon base damage, for example, let's say you have a weapon that has 100 slash damage, 100 impact, 100 puncture.

And you throw in the +120% slash damage mod.

So your damage turns into 220 slash, 100 impact, 100 puncture

Your damage for the slash proc when it fires is going to be calculated off of the 100+100+100, rather than the 220+100+100

Now, this isn't exactly huge?

But, it kind of scales back the usefulness of damage procs, and since most high proc chance weapons have low base damage as their balance, shouldn't procs be scaled with total damage instead to even things out?

And to make things even sillier, let's say you slot a +90% extra elemental damage mod on.

100 slash + 100 impact + 100 puncture + 270 fire

Instead of your fire and slash procs calculating off of the new value of 270+300 = 570, they'll still only calculate based off of the 300.

Edited by OfficerBeepsky

This is actually quite large. It's what caused certain weapons to become 'useless' such as the acrid. The acrid has a 100% toxin proc, and with base values it sets the damage potential down completely. If they were to change the system to function based on total damage it would make a lot of dot based weapons more viable. (especially Acrid + Toxin Sequence)

I thought it was supposed to. 120% sash/impact/puncture mods didn't scale the weapon elemental damage. I've read it somewhere.......

I think you misunderstood based on what you've written.

Let's say that you have 10 slash damage and you boost that damage by 120%, then you will deal 22 slash damage per attack. However, if it were to proc the slash proc, then the 35% damage over time for slash is based off of the 10 slash damage (the base value) rather than the modded value (22 slash damage), thus reducing the damage potential that procs deal, making proc weapons mostly useful for all statuses excluding toxin, fire and slash.

As an avid Vasto Prime/Akjagara user, I would love to see the way DoT is calculated improved myself. Slash weapons are great fun but the procs become useless pretty quickly, even with their armor ignoring property. It would probably benefit fire and toxic procs a whole lot as well.

I did some tests a few weeks ago about the way bleed proc damage was calculated, this are the values:

Vasto prime with maxed hornet strike = 192 total physical damage / 28.8 impact , 28.8 puncure and 134.4 slash:

bleed proc damage per tick on a corrupted butchers and heavy gunners= 67

Vasto prime with maxed hornet strike and maim = 353.3 total physical damage / 28.8 I , 28.8 P and 295.7 S.

bleed proc damage per tick on corrupted butchers and heavy gunners= 67

67/0.35 = 191.4, this means +physical damage mods do not affect proc damage and unless i'm missing something its based of the total base physical damage and not the actual slash damage.

the +25% damage slash does to cloned flesh doesn't explains the values either.

I did some tests a few weeks ago about the way bleed proc damage was calculated, this are the values:

Vasto prime with maxed hornet strike = 192 total physical damage / 28.8 impact , 28.8 puncure and 134.4 slash:

bleed proc damage per tick on a corrupted butchers and heavy gunners= 67

Vasto prime with maxed hornet strike and maim = 353.3 total physical damage / 28.8 I , 28.8 P and 295.7 S.

bleed proc damage per tick on corrupted butchers and heavy gunners= 67

67/0.35 = 191.4, this means +physical damage mods do not affect proc damage and unless i'm missing something its based of the total base physical damage and not the actual slash damage.

the +25% damage slash does to cloned flesh doesn't explains the values either.

You didn't have any multishot on, did you?

You didn't have any multishot on, did you?

i did, but im talking about damage per bullet and multiple bullets did cause multiple procs but they all did the same damage per tick (67 or 134 if it was a headshot)

Is the same happening for elemental procs such as Fire or Toxin?

Yep, it doesn't matter how high you stack your fire elemental damage, it's not going to calculate based off of the fire damage value, but rather, the base damage of the weapon before multishot is taken into account after serration and heavy caliber are taken into account.

Edited by OfficerBeepsky

It's calculating like this for every single thing I've tested it on, I refuse to believe that this is an intentional part of the game. What's the point in there being damage statuses if they barely do anything, and get outdone by everything else.

It was quite broken before damage 2.0 though. But yeah I agree, let's have a revival of the acrid! ... and of all the other weapons that are useful only with procs.

With procs maybe getting damage buffs, certain interesting features could be made with quite a few old and new weapons. Such as: a passive/mod that doubles or even tripples the proc damage but reduces duration of the proc (or just keeps the duration to make them really powerful)

It was quite broken before damage 2.0 though. But yeah I agree, let's have a revival of the acrid! ... and of all the other weapons that are useful only with procs.

With procs maybe getting damage buffs, certain interesting features could be made with quite a few old and new weapons. Such as: a passive/mod that doubles or even tripples the proc damage but reduces duration of the proc (or just keeps the duration to make them really powerful)

The glaxion would love this.