The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

There should not be any Prisma Warframes since that would go directly against the Lore. The current Warframes are kncokoffs of Prime Warframes, which are superior because of it. Prisma weapons and cosmetics are items with Prisma Crystals imbued within them.

so does nova prime...

Damage: Prisma Skana > Skana Prime because of crit

Therefore: Prisma Excal = Excal Prime in stats

You're wrong and trying to take advantage of this fallacy.

I don't think that's a fallacy. It's just not a particularly strong argument.

The new Excal Prime should be treated like any other Prime Access frame. The founders keep what they purchased (a skin) to show their early support.  I don't feel entitled to anything new that would be released including a new Excal Prime (with a new skin). I'm only entitled to what I paid for which was an exclusive EP skin.

except EP isn't a skin. it will be easier to just release excal prime as is and release a skin for founders

Actually, I'm pretty sure they said in no uncertain terms "Never available again."  Time to find the IWBM link...

Yeah.  "Never be available again."

https://web.archive.org/web/20130310105706/https://warframe.com/founders

I feel excal prime needs a buff to be a "prime" but a buff would make others mad.

I feel if they wanted to buff founders stuff add it to the t4 drop tables, t4 and t3 exclusively

I don't think that's a fallacy. It's just not a particularly strong argument.

it was a response to a statement saying DE should not release a superior excal because excal p is exclusive etc. The argument is based in the idea that DE can get around the founders exclusive must be the best argument

it got twisted into something else because there was no valid response that would somehow invalidate that and prove founders gear must be the best versions

Edited by (PS4)buterz56

I feel excal prime needs a buff to be a "prime" but a buff would make others mad.

I feel if they wanted to buff founders stuff add it to the t4 drop tables, t4 and t3 exclusively

this is the main problem. That would convert excal into a pay2win matter, since you cant achieve it, only if you have paid 250 dollars a long time ago. Thats not fair for a lot of people. Most primes have buffs over their vanilla counterparts, true, but they are achievable ingame. Or at least, they were achievable ingame. People never got their chance to farm or to get excalP for free so its not right for DE to give an edge over em. I know people who bought prime access like 5 times in a row and never complained about everyone else having the same prime as him, neither shouting out like a little kid for a buff just cuz he paid for a prime access.

How about a formal fallacy?

A formal fallacy is an argument that's structurally wrong, an informal one is an argument that's logically wrong. I don't think that argument was either (if prismas are better than primes than prisma X should be better than prime X), it just wasn't very strong because it only used one example of prismas being better than primes.

The rework of Excalibur will affect the Prime version too.

No additional buffs required, really, although a texture update may be nice.

I disagree. I think Excal Prime does need to be buffed, stat-wise. I'd be fine with regular Excal receiving the same buff, but I think his stats (and certain other frames' stats) need to be buffed. And a texture update (a bit more gold, and the striped pattern matching that of other, recent Primes - Rhino Prime, Ember Prime, Loki Prime) would be nice.

I'd also like it if DE would allow non-Prime frames to have a skin that uses the Prime skin, minus the gold and the attachments, and if the Primes could use the regular/default patterns of the non-Primes, but with the gold of course. It wouldn't be hard for DE to do based on the way their textures work.

this is the main problem. That would convert excal into a pay2win matter, since you cant achieve it, only if you have paid 250 dollars a long time ago. Thats not fair for a lot of people. Most primes have buffs over their vanilla counterparts, true, but they are achievable ingame. Or at least, they were achievable ingame. People never got their chance to farm or to get excalP for free so its not right for DE to give an edge over em. I know people who bought prime access like 5 times in a row and never complained about everyone else having the same prime as him, neither shouting out like a little kid for a buff just cuz he paid for a prime access.

Buff both Prime and non-Prime then.

A formal fallacy is an argument that's structurally wrong, an informal one is an argument that's logically wrong. I don't think that argument was either (if prismas are better than primes than prisma X should be better than prime X), it just wasn't very strong because it only used one example of prismas being better than primes.

No, he wanted the same stats for P&P versions of the frame, because Prisma Skana excelled in 2 stats but was inferior in all the rest. He assumes they should equal because Prisma Skana was superior in 2 stats.

Edited by Prometheium

YOur statement makes no sense. What does Nova Prime have to do with Prisma items?

im referencing violating lore. Nova prime has no place in lore yet she still managed to make prime warframe. Again my point basically being DE does what DE pleases Edited by (PS4)buterz56

I know people who bought prime access like 5 times in a row and never complained about everyone else having the same prime as him, neither shouting out like a little kid for a buff just cuz he paid for a prime access.

Prime Access is merely buying instead of Farming,it is convenience only...With some bonus gear and plat for doing so (depending on package purchased)....

They KNOW that going into the purchase.

There was NO intention of making Primes better than the basic frames until Ember Prime... In fact,DE said MANY times before that that they wanted Primes to be Cosmetic only. Now they're not....so ALL Primes should get equal treatment in that regard...

No, he wanted the same stats for P&P versions of the frame, because Prisma Skana excelled in 2 stats but was inferior in all the rest. He assumes they should equal because Prisma Skana was superior in 2 stats.

Didn't he say the Prisma Skana was superior overall? I can see why people are saying that, a good crit stat can make or break a melee weapon.

Nova prime has no place in lore

False.

im referencing violating lore. Nova prime has no place in lore

There would be NOTHING to build Nova with had there not been a Prime Version of her...

Also DE NEVER said that the Design Council (players) were the ones that built her...

She fits you just don't want to accept it.

Didn't he say the Prisma Skana was superior overall? I can see why people are saying that, a good crit stat can make or break a melee weapon.

False.

By overall I assumed that all stats were superior to the Prime version. Which I proved was false. The correct term shouldn't be "overall", but "ultimately".

According to Nova's profile, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research. This is widely believed to be a nod to the Design Council that aided in Nova's creation. -wiki but somehow nova prime existed before nova?

Edited by (PS4)buterz56

I disagree. I think Excal Prime does need to be buffed, stat-wise. I'd be fine with regular Excal receiving the same buff, but I think his stats (and certain other frames' stats) need to be buffed. And a texture update (a bit more gold, and the striped pattern matching that of other, recent Primes - Rhino Prime, Ember Prime, Loki Prime) would be nice.

I'd also like it if DE would allow non-Prime frames to have a skin that uses the Prime skin, minus the gold and the attachments, and if the Primes could use the regular/default patterns of the non-Primes, but with the gold of course. It wouldn't be hard for DE to do based on the way their textures work.

i posted this earlier. but can't seem to find it. i think as a sort of middle ground, excal and prime should both be buffed, however they should both get different stats so one can excel at something the other doesn't. like vanilla excal could have more energy, shields and stamina while prime has more armor, health and movement speed. something to where non founders are superior in one department while excal prime beats them in another. they can't complain cause there is no "OP founders stuffzz"

According to Nova's profile, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research. This is widely believed to be a nod to the Design Council that aided in Nova's creation. -wiki

it's a little nod to the DC but lore wise the DC existed back then as the tenno council. Tenno can make primes

Edited by LordOfScrugging

of course, it this was to happen and no edge were to give, there would be no problem. Thing is most people is asking for a buff on excalP OVER nonP-excal. If both were to be buffed in the same way, i dont see the problem.

According to Nova's profile, her Warframe was a result of Tenno High Council research. This is widely believed to be a nod to the Design Council that aided in Nova's creation. -wiki but somehow nova prime existed before nova?

Tenno High Council is believed to exist back in the Orokin era as well.