The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

Whether you agree with buffing excal prime or not (can't believe how selfish some are to not even allow a prime frame to get 50 more armor or something) my intention was to get a definitive answer from DE. That is one point I think we all can agree we want. 

It is not to be a special snowflake or feel better than the rest. I am sorry but you not being there is not an excuse. It is because excalibur prime is a prime warframe he should be treated as such. 

Thank you all for your continued support! Lets hope DE finally responds to our cries. There is no way they have not seen this! 

frost p is a prime and has no edge over his vanilla counterpart. Rhino prime is a prime and has only 0.1 more speed than his vanilla counterpart. 50 armor is not a tiny advantage, is a big advantage over normal excalibur. is almost 100% more armor than his vanilla counterpart. If it was something like rhino P advantage over normal rhino, yeah sure go ahead. But 50 armor, 25 armor or health/energy? no way.

As I already said...I owned EP and Regular Excal at the same time (Reg. Excal was my starter) EP is not a skin. just because you want to trivialize it doesn't make it so.

I'm not trivializing it. You'd still own it or both.

frost p is a prime and has no edge over his vanilla counterpart. Rhino prime is a prime and has only 0.1 more speed than his vanilla counterpart. 50 armor is not a tiny advantage, is a big advantage over normal excalibur. is almost 100% more armor than his vanilla counterpart. If it was something like rhino P advantage over normal rhino, yeah sure go ahead. But 50 armor, 25 armor or health/energy? no way.

If you bothered reading the entire thread then you would know that everyone advocating an Excal P buff is also saying that Frost P and Mag P need to be buffed as well to be inline with all the other Primes.

When we bought the founders package, we got Excal Prime as a Warframe. Revoking it wouldn't change the agreement.

I don't want to revoke it.  I want an equitable solution that let's me keep my exclusive skin, opens up access to non-founders, and buff's EP in the process. I'm looking for WIN/WIN not WIN/LOSE.

Not sure why any founder would care if a non-founder joined with an EP as long as that EP wasn't wearing a founder's skin.

I don't want to revoke it.  I want an equitable solution that let's me keep my exclusive skin, opens up access to non-founders, and buff's EP in the process. I'm looking for WIN/WIN not WIN/LOSE.

Not sure why any founder would care if a non-founder joined with an EP as long as that EP wasn't wearing a founder's skin.

What skin? Do you see an Excalibur Prime skin in the appearance tab for Excalibur? I can't.

On the re-release of EP you, as a founder, would.

Oh, so you wouldn't be removing Excal Prime from our inventory, but rather adding an Excal Prime Skin for standard Excal? Either way. that wouldn't happen because he's never coming back.

Edited by Prometheium

Oh, so you wouldn't be removing Excal Prime from our inventory, but rather adding an Excal Prime Skin for standard Excal?

You'd be refunded a slot and reactor and the skin would apply to the re-released EP. You've lost nothing, retained the exclusive skin, and gained a buffed EP.

M8, it's no different than the proto-armor or nemesis skins.  But I do take your point.  The current EP is essentially a slot and reactor and if DE releases a new EP then we'd own two EP's.  So the easiest way is not to release a skin to founders but simply refund a slot/reactor and rename the current EP skin to "Excalibur Prime Arcane" or some such.

you're kidding right? excal prime is a completely separate frame from excal. it's not like i can remove the texture and find a vanilla excal underneath. what you're saying is to essentially take a current frame, throw on a new texture and rerelease it while giving the old texture to founders. why not, are you still with me?, release excal prime as is. and give founders a new skin. it will take less effort than making a new excal prime just to turn the current one into a skin.

Oh, so you wouldn't be removing Excal Prime from our inventory, but rather adding an Excal Prime Skin for standard Excal? Either way. that wouldn't happen because he's never coming back.

he is saying to make a completely new excal prime with a brand new texture and turning the existing frame into a skin

You'd be refunded a slot and reactor and the skin would apply to the re-released EP. You've lost nothing, retained the exclusive skin, and gained a buffed EP.

But then DE would have broken their promise of Excal Prime, the warframe, being exclusive. We weren't given a skin man, we were given a completely separate frame. If that were to happen I'd never purchase any of their "exclusive" prime access accessories ever again. Why? Because I wouldn't know if they would actually stay exclusive since I would have evidence of them going back on a previous promise for exclusivity.

Those other primes needs to be fixed as well. Excalibur prime should have an advantage over its counterpart, it is a prime after all. Not having it or being unable to obtain it anymore is not an argument sorry. Buffing EP wouldn't hurt anyone. It would only hurt the feelings of those who are overly jealous and selfish. 

I don't think it would hurt anyone having the Excal P be put in line with other current Primes, provided the OTHER Primes that are also lacking receive the same type of love (Frost/Mag)

But again, I'm not going to demand it or flip a table - if Excal P stays just a prettier/unique version of Excal after the rework, still will be more then happy with it and the support I gave to DE back during the Founder period. 

I don't think it would hurt anyone having the Excal P be put in line with other current Primes, provided the OTHER Primes that are also lacking receive the same type of love (Frost/Mag)

But again, I'm not going to demand it or flip a table - if Excal P stays just a prettier/unique version of Excal after the rework, still will be more then happy with it and the support I gave to DE back during the Founder period. 

"still will be more then happy with it and the support I gave to DE back during the Founder period"

THIS Man is really a founder. 

Those other primes needs to be fixed as well. Excalibur prime should have an advantage over its counterpart, it is a prime after all. Not having it or being unable to obtain it anymore is not an argument sorry. Buffing EP wouldn't hurt anyone. It would only hurt the feelings of those who are overly jealous and selfish. 

Why not have Excal and Excal Prime buffed the same unless you want to feel superior? I know primes are suppose to be better, but this is a special case. You would still have a unique look and a polarity and nonfounders would perfome the same as Founders.

Why not have Excal and Excal Prime buffed the same unless you want to feel superior? I know primes are suppose to be better, but this is a special case. You would still have a unique look and a polarity and nonfounders would perfome the same as Founders.

It is not a special case.

If DE does decide to buff the other prime frame to elimate the power creep or nerf younger prime frame to bring them in line with older prime frames (which i think they should) then Excalibur should still get the same treatment. He might be exclusive to founders but his still a prime as well.

You can't buff the normal version just because the Prime version has it's prime buff. 

you're kidding right? excal prime is a completely separate frame from excal. it's not like i can remove the texture and find a vanilla excal underneath. what you're saying is to essentially take a current frame, throw on a new texture and rerelease it while giving the old texture to founders. why not, are you still with me?, release excal prime as is. and give founders a new skin. it will take less effort than making a new excal prime just to turn the current one into a skin.

he is saying to make a completely new excal prime with a brand new texture and turning the existing frame into a skin

Because then non-founders will have my exclusive bought & paid for skin. I lose. I want WIN/WIN.