Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Anybody Left With Any Arcane Helmets?

EmbedFire

I have some (started playing during the Cierzo Crisis). So happy I have my Arcane Vanguard. I love mobility in games and if I didn't have this thing Rhino would not be playable for me. I hate being slow as hell. (Consequently I never play Frost).

Edited by HalcyonH66

I still have a bunch. And a bunch of arcane blueprints.

DE told us ahead of time that they would be taking them out of the game, so I bought-n-built all of them.  I've also got most of the BPs saved as well.  Figured it made sense to go get them all while I could.

And it's true that some of them aren't worth using, what you gain vs. what you give up.  So I don't use all of them.  But Rhino's I use every day.

Well

There are 80 declarations with 1600++ views we can say that only 5% of players who views this forum have some Arcane stuff. Probably half of active players are not visiting this thread at all so I think that only 10% of current playing player have some Arcane stuff, and 5% would have a lot of it.

It's just my imagination, anyway I would not say that there are more than 10% of players who have reasonable high amount of Arcane Helmets

I think that with every year this amount will decrese by 3-4% so in 2 years a good Arcane Helmet would be really crazy trophy

If you want to know more why I am so curious, then it would require a lot of knowledge about old games.

[== not really about Warframe game below ==]

Once when I was playing old good game that was called "Diablo II: Lord of Destruction" there were a lot of patches, initially it all started in year 2001 with patch 1.07 and now, after all these years we have a patch 1.13. The point is that items since patch 1.08 got some hard changes and you could not obtain some of them in later patches. Let's bet that we have amulet called "Highlord's Wrath" that gave to us crucial X stat (whichis is REALLY worthy on PvP scene). Many players were not able to get amulet like that after patch 1.08 so today these amulets are so rare that some people would give a car (crap one, but hey, it's a real car!) for this old legend item. Sometimes the items that has been reworked can store more power in future than reworked by devs.

Sure it's not comparable to Warframe as it's just PvM (and far from D2), but I see here some similarity where maniacs of perfect builds and stats would really wish to have some ancient stuff. Also I like when some games makes their items unique for future players (join date ftw; The longer you play the better you are, nobody should outplay you in 1 month if you are active player for 2 years).

Edited by EmbedFire

Any idea (assuming people actually want to sell, that is) what the average going rate for any given arcane helmet might be?

As others pointed out, this varies massively based on which helm. I managed to grab most of the most sought after ones last night from 2 generous players though I still lack both Loki helms. I paid 350 for the Vanguard Rhino alone - 250 for Coil Mag. 50-120 for Chlora Saryn, Phoenix Ember, Gauss Mag and Pendragon Excalibur. 

Outside of the 2 Lokis, the rest I don't have won't be too crazy pricey or as hard to find. 

I have all of them, and just a month ago I realized I had a lot of BP without crafting, and sold them all, saving one copy of each for me.

When I was new on this game, I used to play all alerts regardless of the reward , then I kept all those BP's.

I have all of them and extra bp's for each... I sell one every now and again, but have given more to needy clan members than i have sold them.

Funnily enough, I almost never actually use them myself unless I am on Frost or Banshee... Rhino (my most played) gets the non stat Thrak and Ash gets the non stat Scorpion.