Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hallowed Reckoning Affected By Duration Mods But Not Range Mods?

Sannidor

I tested several builds with Oberon's new augment and from what I see it can be crippled with negative duration but does not benefit from range at all.

Please consider changing how this augment works, either make it leaving "spots" not only for killed enemies or allow it to be affected by range mods which would be somewhat useful in defense missions.

Please consider a redesigne of this mod.

Maybee reduce initial Damage of Reconing to 50% and do 50% damage /sek in the animation like now.

And it Procs every time hitting an Enemy.

Like this it would be usefull for a max duration build.

At the moment the only 2 good builds for Oberon are:

Max Damage by lowest energy cost, for spaming heal and Reconing

Or do a balanced build to use Ground effect ( 3-5 times ) to get a Zone of Death

in the frost, Hallowed Reckoning does not have the time to be active

and in the second build the second effect is way more effective than Hallowed Reckoning proc.

The main problem with this mod is that its effects only activate on a kill. It would be better if it was on every hit, but limiting the effect to once per enemy. This way, it can't be spammed over and over on the same group for tons of damage, but the ability won't fall off as hard at higher levels when Reckoning stops one-shotting.

As it stands, I would never sacrifice a slot in my Oberon's build for this mod.

make it leaving "spots" not only for killed enemies

^  maybe this.

Reckoning's CC is completely wasted if used as a finisher and at higher levels a single cast will kill nothing.

That said, even if the hallowed grounds appeared even on living enemies, the DOT won't do much and your team would need to jump in the middle of the enemies to gain the benefit so... still not the smartest idea?

Using HG as a purely damaging abilitiy won't ever be as efficient as a hard CC.

Meanwhile, Oberon's specific CC and Healing/Reviving mechanics are being ignored :|

^ and a million times this, sadly for every augment made so far.

Edited by Darkwings83

^ and a million times this, sadly for every augment made so far.

You don't like a single one? I'll admit that I probably use less than half of the total Augments that exist, but I make use of all of these ones (not in every mission/build, however):

- Irradiating Disarm

- Despoil

- Soul Survivor

- Smite Infusion

- Shock Trooper

- Venom Dose

- Regenerative Molt

- Chilling Globe

- Ice Wave Impedance

- Neutron Star

- Firequake

- Pilfering Swarm

- Curative Undertow

- Shield Transference

- Fracturing Crush

- Explosive Ledgerdemain

- Total Eclipse

- Iron Shrapnel

- Repelling Bastille

- Jet Stream

- Funnel Clouds

Admittedly, a lot of these I would never run if I'm soloing. But I do enjoy me some support roles.

You don't like a single one? I'll admit that I probably use less than half of the total Augments that exist, but I make use of all of these ones (not in every mission/build, however):

- Irradiating Disarm

- Despoil

- Soul Survivor

- Smite Infusion

- Shock Trooper

- Venom Dose

- Regenerative Molt

- Chilling Globe

- Ice Wave Impedance

- Neutron Star

- Firequake

- Pilfering Swarm

- Curative Undertow

- Shield Transference

- Fracturing Crush

- Explosive Ledgerdemain

- Total Eclipse

- Iron Shrapnel

- Repelling Bastille

- Jet Stream

- Funnel Clouds

Admittedly, a lot of these I would never run if I'm soloing. But I do enjoy me some support roles.

Some of the augments are incredibly useful and better than any alternative. Sure, you need to build for them but they are worth it... Among those you listed I'd pick:

- Regenerative Molt

- Chilling Globe

- Ice Wave Impedance

- Pilfering Swarm

- Total Eclipse

- Repelling Bastille

- Jet Stream

Some of these are absolutely great. Repelling bastille is incredibly useful on ODS/ODD and regenerative molt bakes Saryn basically immortal. Pilfering swarm is 90% of the reason to bring hydroid anywhere basically.

To these I'd add

- Hall of Malevolence. (The dps you can spit out with a proper mirage is craaaayyzy)

- Vampire Leech (in a -duration build it's very useful as blessing won't protect you much)

- Shocking speed. (I run solo survival with volt with this all the time. You won't believe how good it is until you try it)

- ALL BANSHEE AUGMENTS are good with a proper build.

- Radiant finish

- Greedy Pull (almost the only reason to use Mag...)

- Antimatter absorb

- Eternal war

The main problem with this mod is that its effects only activate on a kill. It would be better if it was on every hit, but limiting the effect to once per enemy. This way, it can't be spammed over and over on the same group for tons of damage, but the ability won't fall off as hard at higher levels when Reckoning stops one-shotting.

This.

It would be fantastic if only for the armor boost.

Edited by S7ORM

Please stay in topic, I meant I don't like a single Augment made for Oberon. They don't fit neither the theme or the current meta.

They actually make Oberon weaker by sacrificing a mod slot for useless effects.

An armor boost alone wouln't cut it, especially with that duration since you need a lot of energy and you're still sacrificing a better mod for it. You'd still be better of with the regular HG.

I'll try to be a bit more specific: flat damage on abilities sucks.

You don't need to go to a T4 to see that you're not killing anything with Reckoning anymore, the huge CC however will always be good.

Due to how Reckoning works (solid mechanics all around) and to how small the pseudo HG fires are, more than half of the duration is wasted in most cases becase enemies are not packed together or they're moving out. Even the max damage would already suck @1.5k.

Also, these fires are not really an HG effect. They only do what's on the label.

They don't give status immunity and they don't scale the same way as HG. They only do that puny damage.

Even if it was 2k guaranted damage on the whole screen (spawning fire from each enemy), why bother? It's not worth a slot.

Wanna make it cooler?

Make them stay ragdolled in the air for a few extra seconds. Your team mates can't exploit Finishers/Stealth but they can still shoot them.

Or throw in a damage multiplier instead (or an armor reduction) and we're good to go. Such an effect to HG instead of the sad joke that Hallowed Eruption was, for example, would make it super good. Even a slow effect would really help with HG to improve the "chocke point" idea.

TL;DR: Oberon isn't a Michael Bay movie, stop with the additional explosions already.

Edited by Darkwings83