The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Found A Neat Little Fps Camera Style Inducing Bug. Thoughts?

Vaprus

Alright, So, I've had to rewrite this post about three times. I'm going to make it short, Sweet, and simple. Has anyone used the ability "Speed" while hacking a console in sabotage? Well, If you haven't: There's a bug. It will zoom your camera into what *I assume* is the FOV your camera is given when you are hacking. Which places your camera roughly inside your head. Fully inside if you have your FOV on minimum. This *At first* was jarring, Very very jarring. It took a few minutes for me to get used to it. I found it challenging, Until I got the hang of it. Then it was fun. Kinda like touching the shocking part of a buzzer prank toy. You know it's gonna hurt a bit; Probably make you jump, But the curiosity *At least for me* was more then enough to make me actively seek it out. I only have a few pictures to post, Which I will put up a few minutes after I post this topic; But this made me ask the questions to myself "What would happen if DE put a option in to enable this as a feature?" "Could there be challenges made for it like in GTA-5?" "How would people react to it?" So, I want to know what you all think. If this was an optional feature, Purely for show, Or for a challenge, Or for something along the lines. Would you use it? Do you think other people would? Would it provide a challenge or make the game easier?  

(Here are your pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/f5W65 

Edited by Vaubanator

No, i wouldn't use it, i chose Warframe because it's a third person shooter, i hate the first person perspective i don't understand how people like so much playing as a pair of hands, and it's not immersive our own view doesn't end at sharp edges like a screen, it's diffused limit, i think that playing any game with first person perspective is like playing chess with a cam attached to the pieces, uncomfortable and a very poor intent to imitate "reality"

I wouldn't play for fun and i would hate it if they added achievements and/or rewards attached to first person perspective.

No, i wouldn't use it, i chose Warframe because it's a third person shooter, i hate the first person perspective i don't understand how people like so much playing as a pair of hands, and it's not immersive our own view doesn't end at sharp edges like a screen, it's diffused limit, i think that playing any game with first person perspective is like playing chess with a cam attached to the pieces, uncomfortable and a very poor intent to imitate "reality"

I wouldn't play for fun and i would hate it if they added achievements and/or rewards attached to first person perspective.

Thank you for your contribution for the thread. I found this bug, and it made me start to think about it. I wanted to see what my fellow Tenno thought.

Warframe is NOT GTA V.

I know it is not GTA-V, But it is the closest thing I could think of to relate to. Third person game, With a first person "Mode". Except in Warframe the mode is technically a bug.

Days without a warframe first person thread: 0

Yes, Another thread about this. Oh dear. Start the doom threads. xD

In all reality, I made this thread to see what my fellow Tenno thought.

I have, and it's not fun!

Ah, Yes. I can see why you'd think that. It is very.. For lack of a better word "Jenky" to control. Clipping issues, Etc etc. c:

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. ^^

It's making me horribly motion-sick.

I feel as if I'm stretching my neck out even though I'm not.

Yes, The low FOV combined with the shaking, Spinning, And overall instability the camera has. It's very bad for people who get easily motion sick.

The devs have stated that they will never make it an option, it would require a lot of assets to be changed, resized etc, and they do not think it is worth doing.

Ah, That is a bit.. Disheartening, But thank you for the news none-the-less. 

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. c:

Worked for me just by pressing ESC near a wall.

1CP3wuU.jpg

pZdbD3Z.jpg

Ah, Strange. Noted though. You seemed to have a better experience than I did.

Thank you for your contribution to the thread. 

I had it happen once while playing Saryn - worst sickening experience ever lol

The brightness of the screen when I used powers, lost my shields, got shot, etc made me feel nauseous and I don't even play with any of the visual settings on. Furthermore, she has those massive onion ring shoulder pads that clipped like a beast in my fov which was like watching black planes fly around as I sprinted. Since Saryn's pretty slow compared to other frames, I copter with her a lot but that was just motion sick mayhem + fairly difficult to control in first person. For the moment, it was pretty cool but as I played it slowly got worse haha.

Whenever I get this bug it's like the camera is in my chest and my body blocks 90% of my view. Definitely not a fun bug to have.

Ah, Yeah. Mind telling me what frame you were using? In my pictures I was using volt. And the second set of pictures posted by Ksaero were Excal.

I had it happen once while playing Saryn - worst sickening experience ever lol

The brightness of the screen when I used powers, lost my shields, got shot, etc made me feel nauseous and I don't even play with any of the visual settings on. Furthermore, she has those massive onion ring shoulder pads that clipped like a beast in my fov which was like watching black planes fly around as I sprinted. Since Saryn's pretty slow compared to other frames, I copter with her a lot but that was just motion sick mayhem + fairly difficult to control in first person. For the moment, it was pretty cool but as I played it slowly got worse haha.

Heh, Yeah. I was thinking if they were to put something like this in. *Which apparently they won't be* They'd have to make certain parts of your Warframe's body appear invisible on your screen.

Engineer: NOPE.avi

Could you give some form of actual addition to the thread instead of a silly meme? I intended this to be a actual thread for discussing. Criticism of some form, or discussion of why or why not you like the idea is welcomed gladly over a small little "In" joke.

Although I do think this game in first person would be king of cool and Doom like I don't see it being added anytime soon. One problem that I have had in 1st person shooters is FOV and motion blur (I know that can be turned off). I had the problem switching to HD when playing Fallout NV and I was getting sick trying to play it until I fixed the graphics and I feel I'd have the same problem on this one as it already hurts my eyes from trying to keep up with everything on the screen. If they do ever add it though (DE said they wouldn't, but they flip flop a lot) I'd certainly give it a shot.

I wouldn't go full first person, but half'n'half.

Regular movement would be fine, but slide-attacks/coptering, backflips, rolls, and any kind of rapid, rotating movement would be better off with a quick zoom-out into third person. Maybe even just going into melee mode would be better off with a third person view. (Destiny, for example, does that in the Sword of Crota story mission).

I'm for it.

Although I do think this game in first person would be king of cool and Doom like I don't see it being added anytime soon. One problem that I have had in 1st person shooters is FOV and motion blur (I know that can be turned off). I had the problem switching to HD when playing Fallout NV and I was getting sick trying to play it until I fixed the graphics and I feel I'd have the same problem on this one as it already hurts my eyes from trying to keep up with everything on the screen. If they do ever add it though (DE said they wouldn't, but they flip flop a lot) I'd certainly give it a shot.

Yes, I was thinking about that. I would be hoping it wouldn't be specifically a option menu only thing. A hotkey would be nice. Be able to press a button to swap between the two. 

Thank you for the contribution to the thread. c:

I wouldn't go full first person, but half'n'half.

Regular movement would be fine, but slide-attacks/coptering, backflips, rolls, and any kind of rapid, rotating movement would be better off with a quick zoom-out into third person. Maybe even just going into melee mode would be better off with a third person view. (Destiny, for example, does that in the Sword of Crota story mission).

I'm for it.

Yeah. Like I said before, Maybe a hotkey would be nice for quick swapping. Or something that would turn you back to third person for Melee-ing or coptering, Slide attacks, Rolls, Flips. I haven't gotten to play destiny yet, But I heard that mission was fairly fun.

Ah, Yeah. Mind telling me what frame you were using? In my pictures I was using volt. And the second set of pictures posted by Ksaero were Excal.

Excalibur Prime and Volt.