Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 & Xbox

Windows 10 is supposed to have full XBox support and the two devices are supposed to be sync-able etc..

Fable legends is supposed to be cross platform for windows 10 & XbOX.

What will this mean for Warframe (if anything)?

Will warframe PC work on windows 10, will we need to create an Xbox account, or will it become cross platform?

What about Mac and Linux users?

Windows 10 is supposed to have full XBox support and the two devices are supposed to be sync-able etc..

Will warframe PC work on windows 10, will we need to create an Xbox account, or will it become cross platform?

niccage.gif

1. Xbox won't allow PC to be close to them. No, I'm not going to sync my PC to an Xbone sorry. Also, we don't know what windows 10 really has in store, will it be awesome? or absolute waste... Windows 7 ftw currently?

2. Good for Fable, but what does this have to do with anything?

3. It means the developers might be upgrading or they might not, Maybe everything needed to run will be stable on windows 7 or 8. Who knows how DE wants to keep their company's assets running? As for the consumer of Windows Operating Systems we have again yet to see how this product turns out. But those who will run older versions of windows will probably still be able to play Warframe.

4. High chance, Warframe PC will work on windows 10, why not? If you have windows 10 you can probably go to legacy mode and go to different versions so that you can play whatever game.

5. No, we will not have to create an Xbone account, and if we do, i'm going to become less than steller about Microsoft. 

6 No, high chance we will not be cross platform, consoles can't compete with computers but who knows? This is speculation.

7. Mac and Linux users are left in the dust, as usual for a lot of things... Despite that Linux is a solid OS, and Mac well, it has it's appeal to certain people.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

warframe isnt a 1st party game from microsoft. Meaning the awnser to all your questions is no. Nothing changes

Since microsoft either has 1st part games made for the compatibility feature, or a special contract with the game developers.

Edited by rechot

The issue with crossplay in Warframe is version compatibility. The XBox cannot receive updates at the same rate as PC, which makes it impossible to play between them.

Windows 10 changes nothing in this regard. Fable Legends supports it because they are willing to delay updates.

Good call!

For me it would be a DREAM to have Warframe a crossplatform with the Xbox One. 

I play the PC version atm, have every warframe, sentinel, kubrow and am close to having all weapons. It would be great to have all that just transferred to the Xbox for a living room action anytime, then back to the PC. 

I see no reason why anybody would be against it. What is the harm? :D

There was already a transfer offered a while ago for the launch of the Xbox One game. 

Edited by DrachenPrime

The issue with crossplay in Warframe is version compatibility. The XBox cannot receive updates at the same rate as PC, which makes it impossible to play between them.

Windows 10 changes nothing in this regard. Fable Legends supports it because they are willing to delay updates.

Actually, one of the DE staff mentioned here on the forums that they have created a script that would allow users with different versions across PC and console play together. I'd provide a quote and link if I could find the post now, but I can't.

The issue lies with Microsoft, as it's definitely not in their interest to allow that (no monetary gain for them).

niccage.gif

1. Xbox won't allow PC to be close to them. No, I'm not going to sync my PC to an Xbone sorry. Also, we don't know what windows 10 really has in store, will it be awesome? or absolute waste... Windows 7 ftw currently?

3. It means the developers might be upgrading or they might not, Maybe everything needed to run will be stable on windows 7 or 8. Who knows how DE wants to keep their company's assets running? As for the consumer of Windows Operating Systems we have again yet to see how this product turns out. But those who will run older versions of windows will probably still be able to play Warframe.

4. High chance, Warframe PC will work on windows 10, why not? If you have windows 10 you can probably go to legacy mode and go to different versions so that you can play whatever game.

5. No, we will not have to create an Xbone account, and if we do, i'm going to become less than steller about Microsoft. 

6 No, high chance we will not be cross platform, consoles can't compete with computers but who knows? This is speculation.

7. Mac and Linux users are left in the dust, as usual for a lot of things... Despite that Linux is a solid OS, and Mac well, it has it's appeal to certain people.

thanks for making me not have to waste my energy typing +1

gives gold star and cold/hot glass/cup of *insert favourite drink*

Very simply what it means is that consoles are starting to stagnate in sales (not drop, but stagnate) from what I can tell, it's only going to allow you to stream things from your Xbox to your pc, and maybe vice versa. Contrary to some popular misconception, you will not be able to use xbox one discs in your pc. This is a poor attempt to sell consoles to pc gamers (because gaming hardware is on the rise in a very near exponential rate due to cheaper hardware) instead of catering to the pc gamer.

Warframe will still work on windows 10, and unless DE decides to implement dx12 I don't forsee any changes on the devs part outside of optimization. If they do convert to dx12, I'm sure there will be dx9 and 11 compatibility.

As far as fable goes, as far as I'm aware, it's getting a pc amd xbox one release. Microsoft demo'd it with windows 10 through their streaming funtion, and until we get a statement otherwise, I'm inclined to believe it's only cross platform if you are streaming from your Xbox one.

And no, you will not need an Xbox account unless you plan on streaming the game from your Xbox one. Which is pointless.

Edited by DrMarlboro

It means that the xbox ones already lacking hardware spec will have even more resources used up.

I wouldn't even give the dignity of calling it lacking. More like 5 year old garbage that uses a tablet jaguar processor that can't hold its advertised 1.8ghz clock and chokes itself with shared ram and a 7770 gpu. Not even entry level hardware in today's world.

All consoles are lacking in hardware compared to PCs. The nature of the beast. They're essentially toasters and the PC is a continually developing product.

Having said that, one look at the Steam surveys (and a look around here in the feedback subforums) shows that many people gaming on PCs would be better off on one of the new consoles. A lot of those machines out there are way obsolete, even by console standards.

Personally, I'd be all for syncing them together, but I'm pretty sure what won't happen for a number of reasons, not least of which are the restrictions dealing with Live. I have a lot of friends that I'd love to play Warframe with, but they simply can not or will not play on a PC.

I doubt there'll be any real issue with Win10. Essentially, it's Win8.2 and Win8 has been fine, once you get past the tile thing--substantially better than Win7. Don't fool yourself that's it's otherwise, especially on newer PCs with SSDs.

XBox 1 is not windows 10

Personally, I'd be all for syncing them together, but I'm pretty sure what won't happen for a number of reasons, not least of which are the restrictions dealing with Live. I have a lot of friends that I'd love to play Warframe with, but they simply can not or will not play on a PC.

I doubt there'll be any real issue with Win10. Essentially, it's Win8.2 and Win8 has been fine, once you get past the tile thing--substantially better than Win7. Don't fool yourself that's it's otherwise, especially on newer PCs with SSDs.

what people dont realize, is that their beloved windows 7 is just vistas final service pack with a few very minor tweaks, (because 7 only came out because vista couldnt shake its stigma from its initial release even though it was a great OS after the first service pack) and windows 10 is a better version of windows 8 (they skipped 9 because windows 10 is actually offering larger changes than just renaming a windows 8 service pack to shake its stigma).and having used windows 10 pre release, it is significantly better than 7.

And i really get angry when people talk about the cross platform stuff because people believe they will be playing xbox one games on their pc because of all the misinformation that microsoft is encouraging, when in reality all that is happening is you are going to be able to stream a game from your console to your pc via local connection (and no. you will not be able to play warframe, or any other game released on both systems, with your friend if they are not on the same platform you are because of live. stop thinking you can). so you have to own that console to even take advantage of it, and microsoft has even said that you cant use the console for anything else while you are streaming the game so your significant other cant use it to watch a movie or stream netflix while you are playing your game, which would have been the only benefit if there was ever going to be one. its literally just a marketing ploy to get you to purchase a console. 

Edited by DrMarlboro

you will not be able to play warframe, or any other game released on both systems, with your friend if they are not on the same platform you are because of live

I wouldn't say that. I believe it's because Sony and Microsoft (this applies to all consoles) have such rigorous certification processes that the consoles would never be able to keep up thanks to all the hotfixes DE does. They'd have to send each and every one of those fixes in for certification, and that probably wouldn't bode well (I forget the exact reason it's an issue but this is the general concept).

So there will continue to be no cross platform play because of the way Sony and Microsoft handle updates for these sorts of things.

I wouldn't say that. I believe it's because Sony and Microsoft (this applies to all consoles) have such rigorous certification processes that the consoles would never be able to keep up thanks to all the hotfixes DE does. They'd have to send each and every one of those fixes in for certification, and that probably wouldn't bode well (I forget the exact reason it's an issue but this is the general concept).

So there will continue to be no cross platform play because of the way Sony and Microsoft handle updates for these sorts of things.

thats not the only reason. its because microsoft is still going to require you to have live to connect to their servers. and they have already said that their servers wont be connecting between a game played on a pc, and played on xbox via live. however what they have said, is that you can use your pcs connection to connect to live while streaming from your console, but they havent said (at least not clearly) whether they will be dropping the gold requirement. but they hint very strongly there will still be a sub, it just wont be gold... so what im saying is, is that if you are not playing the game on the same platform, you will still not be able to play games with friends cross platform. and when you are streaming from the console, you are still using that platform. not the pc. 

Edit: im sorry if i seem a bit salty over this stuff, but i am a mod/troubleshooter on several tech sites, and i have been answering these questions seemingly non stop for the last month. the misinformation is real.

Edited by DrMarlboro

niccage.gif

9O7AgRL.jpg

1. Que? LOL! Implying they are forcing you to do anything. Consumer rights =/= Corporates

2. Gg.

3. They don't have to do much. WIndows 10 is the successor to Windows 8.1 (Which is a solid OS mind you! Better in many ways than 7 is. performance is one of them). Windows 10= Windows 8.1 reskinned to 7 with more added features and most likely lighter than 8.1 is already lighter than 7.

4. See 3 why you are right. Compatibility option is most likely not required at all.

5. Hotmail/Outlook/Live account=Xbox account. Next!

6. Cross platform has been tested (with other games), will not happen due to the many issues it brings with (PvP being unfair, PC gamers having an overall better experience than console gamers. One of the two would be getting #*($%%@ by the other.

7. MFW (See image) Calling Linux which is a Unix based OS solid but Mac OS X which is the same thing is not? Rofl. Mac OS X has more support for software out of the box than Linux or any distro ever does.

Don't worry OP, nothing will happen, only thing that could happen is that some developer's cat ruins a line of code or two in Warframe.

Edited by Contiguous

7. MFW (See image) Calling Linux which is a Unix based OS solid but Mac OS X which is the same thing is not? Rofl. Mac OS X has more support for software out of the box than Linux or any distro ever does.

Don't worry OP, nothing will happen, only thing that could happen is that some developers cat ruins a line of code or two in Warframe.

dont hate on mah linux! lol anyway, i enjoyed that post sir. i wish there was a post of the week vote on this forum. 

i get excited when i hear about windows 10 but i get angry when i hear XBox 1 but both are made by same company o.o

Please elaborate to why Xbox one is a bad thing? Xbox one will run a version of Windows 10, PC's will run Windows 10 as well. Phones will use the same OS and tablets will too. Gasp! Such a crime! Murder Microsoft!

Please elaborate to why Xbox one is a bad thing? Xbox one will run a version of Windows 10, PC's will run Windows 10 as well. Phones will use the same OS and tablets will too. Gasp! Such a crime! Murder Microsoft!

There display what the xbox 1 can do is poor they display tv and how it can show TV, not really games at first launch there this hints they didn't use xbox 1 to show gameplay footage.

as far as an OS goes theres nothing wrong. but consoles are holding back what gaming could be right now. the best games only come out on PC, because the ones that come out on all platforms end up being horrible ports.

There display what the xbox 1 can do is poor they display tv and how it can show TV, not really games at first launch there this hints they didn't use xbox 1 to show gameplay footage.

let me break it down to you in one sentence: PCs are used to make games.