Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

I noticed that Exalted Blade with 75% Efficency allows players to have it up for an extremely long time.

Not exactly something nice, that's the same thing that happens when people can spam #4 repeatedly.

Not quite. With other Ults, the spammability is not a problem, the fact that they remove player agency is. EB does nothing (not counting the free auto-parry) if you just turn it on, you need to actively seek out and target enemies, and you're not immortal. While the melee mode is powerful, it's more or less on the same level as any well modded high end ranged weapon. If anything, the other abilities have too low energy cost, while EB is active, which gives you the feeling that the EB doesn't even drain energy. But that's a problem of how efficiency is handled. The upkeep itself is fine. Also remember than unlike most Ults this one has a trade-off - you're using EB, and that 6-forma Dread hangs useless on your back.

I hope another frame starts taking up some of this hype soon. Way too many people in a game just spamming Excalibur's new ult, through the entire thing. I get that it's supposed to be powerful and it's great for defence and survival missions in high levels, but with everyone jumping on for the "excal bandwagon" it's kind of getting repetitive seeing 4 Excaliburs in one game. There's not much variety left with the new 4-spammers. Most people who mained Excalibur before the rework know more to play than spamming the ult, but the amount of people that are spamming are making the other players look pretty bad.

Edited by Infinitez72

sooooo radial javelin now becomes bladestorm, but everything you get from bladestorm happens faster

and you do realise that you can block while meleeing right? although i think that the auto parry shouldn't drain stamina at all. channeling mods used to be free and applied with eb, then it got nerfed. for now, lifestrike works on the blade waves, and doesn't drain energy. probably gonna get patched soon. probably should be given innate lifestrike while channeling EB

Before damage 2.0 radial javelin was good it had an enemy cap that was still after 2.0 I think and didn't have awareness while blade storm got updates radial javelin didn't get anything but nerfs

It's because how damage currently works, only weapons with main slash damage cut enemies in pieces and exalted blade deals the same amount of slash, impact and puncture dmg.

Weapons with high puncture can occasionally bisect, though. Or perhaps it is hardwired into certain weapon classes. The Anku is heavily a Puncture weapon and still occasionally bisects enemies, for example.

Inversely, I don't think I've ever seen the Soma or the Vasto/Akvasto slice enemies on kill. Maybe the chance to bisect is based on a certain damage threshold, or maybe these weapons are just coded to never bisect on kill.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

indeed, at the cost of damage that is. Still, you cant stand still with this ability, your back is uncovered and excal is still pretty easy to kill.  you have to move, time your skills adequately in order to save energy. In lower levels yeah it may last a long time and its pretty easy but that will not be of use in t4 surv after some time, or t4 def after a few waves. 

at those levels you gotta know when to use it, with whom, you will get overwhelmed easily and elite enemies will be your priority, you cant waste energy on normal mobs. 

You're talking of it as it would be an hindrance. That's not a logical point of view if you ask me.

Not quite. With other Ults, the spammability is not a problem, the fact that they remove player agency is. EB does nothing (not counting the free auto-parry) if you just turn it on, you need to actively seek out and target enemies, and you're not immortal. While the melee mode is powerful, it's more or less on the same level as any well modded high end ranged weapon. If anything, the other abilities have too low energy cost, while EB is active, which gives you the feeling that the EB doesn't even drain energy. But that's a problem of how efficiency is handled. The upkeep itself is fine. Also remember than unlike most Ults this one has a trade-off - you're using EB, and that 6-forma Dread hangs useless on your back.

Ability spam is a problem. There are a lot of threads regarding the Energy and Ability Spam issue.

It should be a temporary powerup, not a permanent powerup.

It's powerful enough to carry on the game on its own, the fact it's not a Spam#4 to win, but a spam E to win does't change anything.

Are you really considering a damaging tradeoff an Internal Mechanic that anyway makes you more powerful? Again? Come on, that's an hilarious logic.

Exalted Blade is too good to try to advance any justification for it's unending duration.

That's gamebreaker, it's not healthy for the game.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Currently, energy wave produced from Exalted Blade can cut enemy into pieces, but not the normal melee attack. If you kill enemy with your blade (not wave), you won't see any gore no matter how you cut them.

Please add gore to Exalted Blade melee attack.

yeah but since you kill them with the energy waves its best to have the gore on the energy waves.

To be honest i want to have gore on Both the energy wave and the blade its self. 

I hope another frame starts taking up some of this hype soon. Way too many people in a game just spamming Excalibur's new ult, through the entire thing. I get that it's supposed to be powerful and it's great for defence and survival missions in high levels, but with everyone jumping on for the "excal bandwagon" it's kind of getting repetitive seeing 4 Excaliburs in one game. There's not much variety left with the new 4-spammers. Most people who mained Excalibur before the rework know more to play than spamming the ult, but the amount of people that are spamming are making the other players look pretty bad.

I agree.

For this reason I left for another frame,  altough I had over 70% of my gametime in Excalibur. The new ult broke the whole frame, both in style/look and playability. Excalibur is basically a wanna-be-jedi frame and people seem to love it.

Before damage 2.0 radial javelin was good it had an enemy cap that was still after 2.0 I think and didn't have awareness while blade storm got updates radial javelin didn't get anything but nerfs

Yes, that was the last time RJ was reliable and fun.

Ability spam is a problem. There are a lot of threads regarding the Energy and Ability Spam issue.

It should be a temporary powerup, not a permanent powerup.

It's powerful enough to carry on the game on its own, the fact it's not a Spam#4 to win, but a spam E to win does't change anything.

Are you really considering a damaging tradeoff an Internal Mechanic that anyway makes you more powerful? Again? Come on, that's an hilarious logic.

Exalted Blade is too good to try to advance any justification for it's unending duration.

That's gamebreaker, it's not healthy for the game.

I beg to differ. A playstyle that makes heavy use of abilities should be viable like any other. It should not be overpowered, yes, but being a space wizard should defiantly be an option, if a player so wishes. The "press E to win" is a consequence of faulty melee system. Make melee as a whole more skill-based, fix the combo system, move majority of DPS to combos so that spamming E is sub-optimal and you're looking at a completely different ability.

Plus are u really compering spamming melee attack, albeit powerful, that requires you to actually chase targets, move around, and be in melee range, to a map wide radial nuke that vaporizes everything instantly, to a point when you can just have a macro play the game for you? Talk about logic.  

I really do consider that a trade-off. Maybe because guns are the most lethal things in this game along with hard CC. And whether you become more or less powerful after activating EB depends on your gear. 

People act like EB is some godly annihilator power, whereas I see no more damage potential than a skilled player with a well modded gun can accomplish. 

I agree.

For this reason I left for another frame,  altough I had over 70% of my gametime in Excalibur. The new ult broke the whole frame, both in style/look and playability. Excalibur is basically a wanna-be-jedi frame and people seem to love it.

Well, what do ya know, people have opinions and happen to like jedi. 

Edited by tisdfogg

I beg to differ. A playstyle that makes heavy use of abilities should be viable like any other. It should not be overpowered, yes, but being a space wizard should defiantly be an option, if a player so wishes. The "press E to win" is a consequence of faulty melee system. Make melee as a whole more skill-based, fix the combo system, move majority of DPS to combos so that spamming E is sub-optimal and you're looking at a completely different ability.

Plus are u really compering spamming melee attack, albeit powerful, that requires you to actually chase targets, move around, and be in melee range, to a map wide radial nuke that vaporizes everything instantly, to a point when you can just have a macro play the game for you? Talk about logic.  

I really do consider that a trade-off. Maybe because guns are the most lethal things in this game along with hard CC. And whether you become more or less powerful after activating EB depends on your gear. 

People act like EB is some godly annihilator power, whereas I see no more damage potential than a skilled player with a well modded gun can accomplish. 

Well, what do ya know, people have opinions and happen to like jedi. 

Following a target? You forget that Exalted Blade emanates Waves traveling in space?

I've no interest in an Squabble-Ego-Battle, I just pointed out the justifications given in answer to my post aren't legit.

You keep ammassing whatever justification out of contest that can have the slighest link to the conversation (battle mage??? A melee Warframe?).

I repeat: my point is that Exalted Blade shouldn't last forever or till you meet a Parasitic Eximus, and this is strictly related to the Efficency, Energy and Ability Spam.

My conversation ends here if people won't stay in the limit of Logic and Coherence.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Bugs:

Second air slash near the ground produces no energy wave.

Parrys bleed ticks... with the animation and everything.

Requests:

Faster energy waves. Jump slash isn't supposed to outs-peed it...

Energy Drain Immunity (eximus and other sources)

Edited by _Rue_

I may have bawled when DE removed the innate life strike effect that worked without channeling but wow man I take back my words and eat them.

DE thank you for such an amazing ult for Excalibro. I just tested different mod setups and I'm really amazed with the way the damage scales up with mods, it's just too amazing against level 90 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus's in the Simulacrum. :D

There's just a few problems with mods still, Pressure Point does not lend itself to the ult, neither does Organ Shatter.

EDIT: Organ Shatter works when the enemies are not blinded, just tested it. It doesn't seem to work when they are. Pressure Point still not working.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Following a target? You forget that Exalted Blade emanates Waves traveling in space?

I've no interest in an Squabble-Ego-Battle, I just pointed out the justifications given in answer to my post aren't legit.

You keep ammassing whatever justification out of contest that can have the slighest link to the conversation (battle mage??? A melee Warframe?).

I repeat: my point is that Exalted Blade shouldn't last forever or till you meet a Parasitic Eximus, and this is strictly related to the Efficency, Energy and Ability Spam.

My conversation ends here if people won't stay in the limit of Logic and Coherence.

Which do real damage only in coupling with Radial Blind. Otherwise they are slow projectiles, hard to aim, easy to dodge. Incidentally, I also mentioned in my first reply to you than it is the problem of efficiency that allows for easy abuse of EB + RB combo and infinite slash dashing. Also, you brought up ability spam, you expected me not to address that?

Similarly, I refuse to continue conversation when someone doesn't put at least a minimal amount of effort into reading what I write. Good day to you, sir.   

I may have bawled when DE removed the innate life strike effect that worked without channeling but wow man I take back my words and eat them.

DE thank you for such an amazing ult for Excalibro. I just tested different mod setups and I'm really amazed with the way the damage scales up with mods, it's just too amazing against level 90 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus's in the Simulacrum. :D

There's just a few problems with mods still, Pressure Point does not lend itself to the ult, neither does Organ Shatter. Those are tho only 2 mods I've found that still don't work with Exalted Blade.

one question are you using radial blind as a finisher to do the damage ? or just using the 4th skill

just because he has a different opinion doesnt mean that his opinion is out of logic and coherence. Those waves have pretty low range and still requires you to move trough the map. And what is your suggestion? make fleeting expertise and streamline forced mods for an EB build? They dont want for EB to benefit from bright purity cuz that would mean that the best build would be with a skana, but you want em to force people to use fleeting expertise and streamline? 

Whenever you chose efficiency, you choose it at the price of weapon damage.

There is nothing illogical there.

You wanna make it with a cooldown? fine, remove those 3 energy per second, like valkyr hysteria. Add life steal, like valkyr hysteria.

make it with a 30 seconds cooldown. With its power, after those 30 seconds i already refilled my energy. I will just use it again after those 30 seconds, so where is the difference? At least now you do have a big cooldown, it depends on your energy, whether the other way it depends on pressing 4 after 30 seconds.

Right now it also has the benefit of controlling it whenever you want, equipping and sheathing it whenever you want. Thats a big plus in gameplay.

EDIT: by the way most people love the jedi style he got so i totally love excalibur, hell they could've even named exalted blade lightsaber, i'd had love it.

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

Ash is coming lol

Exactly.  Him and others are smoking too much of that crappy Corpus Sativa.

While using exalted blade and stopping using exalted blade excalibur would go into unarmed melee mode and sometimes after using exalted blade my braton prime would be on my back firing unlimited ammo and my primary would be like a melee weapon however with this bug you are stuck in a freeze state running around like if excalibur was a doll the bug is removed by pressing escape.....unfortunately i did not get the chance to screenshot it will try to today

Edited by GStonez

Exactly. Everybody whined why Excalibur can spam his abilites. Great improvement....

k guess we could solve the spam issue with energy cost, maybe like 3 energy per wave( just as 3 energy per second for the skill) for every wave thrown when not hitting anyone in melee range with the exalted blade sword (not the wave). but then we'd need the spin attack back. i for one, couldn't see myself going in melee range without spamming the blades just solely because the spin attack is restricted. plzzz give us spin attack on EB DE!!

we should get a 3 energy cost for every 15 hits (should be tested) parried too. just to prevent perma facetanking.

Edited by SomeCrackHead