Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Superjump Feedback [Pre-Excalibur Redux]

Mak_Gohae

This is not just about SJ, this is about his playstyle. Said this many times.

Never said Cal is garbage without SJ. This is not about SJ, this is about giving people the option to keep the original abilities. Said this many times.

I am asking for the option to keep the original abilities not for the rework to not happen. People that want the new abilities can have them but they should give people that dont want them the ability to keep them.

But i would like to have CC king Rhino back. That guy was fun. Radial Blast was the best oh poop power ever. That power saved me so many times. I didnt use Iron Skin a lot.

CC King Rhino killed the game, that's why it's never coming back.

Ok, I haven't played Rhino in a long time, but what about his stomp? It doesn't CC like it used too?? *sad face* I only really went to Rhino for the stomp lol.

I see what you mean wanting to keep the old move set, but I'm guessing that code has to be ripped out for the change. Based on what I saw in the devstream, I'm really looking forward to his new moveset. I had a lot of gripes on his old set of moves.

Super Jump is trash and it belongs in the trash.

The amount of effort involved to create an entire new super-structure in the game to support the five people who want to use the trash power that's outdone by any of a dozen other powers and maneuvers is not worth spending development time on.

Oh dear god no. Make folks with Excal Prime have to keep it, if anything. Superjump is useless, and how can Radial Javelin compare to an Excal Bankai?

Uh, hell no. I've been wanting his super jump gone since day 1. I would rage to no end if Excal Prime didn't get the rework.

His stats are not suited for it. 65 armor... That is S#&$. He needs at least as much as Saryn has armor wise.

I'll take no armor change sacrifice for higher damaging powers since melee=risk

Think of Melee version of Mirage n Valk

I'll take no armor change sacrifice for higher damaging powers since melee=risk

Think of Melee version of Mirage n Valk

Valkyr is a melee frame and she has 600 base armor, SIX HUNDRED. Almost 10x as much armor as Excal............

This is not just about SJ, this is about his playstyle. Said this many times.

Never said Cal is garbage without SJ. This is not about SJ, this is about giving people the option to keep the original abilities. Said this many times.

People have also said many times-- the playstyle won't change much if you don't want it to. Excal will have virtually all of his abilities post-revamp that he does now, including Super Jump.

You'll have to get used to a few minor changes (like pressing 1 instead of 3, swinging the camera up before pressing 1, and aiming upwards slightly if you want to SD past a crowd quickly), but ultimately, if you don't feel like using his new 4, then the revamp will likely have less of an impact on Excal's playstyle than Movement 2.0 will. Obviously things won't be exactly the same as they are now (SJ will actually have an energy cost, for instance), but jeez, it's not like they're removing our ability to jump high, dodge stuff, and quickly relocate ourselves. If anything, they're improving it.

You and a large handful of other Excal players (including myself) have been vehemently against removal of Excal's ability to do certain things, most notably SJ, and DE took our thoughts into account when they made the changes. Have some faith in DE and don't worry about it so much.

Edited by SortaRandom

Hm.... the only thing I really liked about SJ was the invisibility.

Soo, we should get a mod, that whenever you use the future charge jump, you become invisible during the jump (until you hit the ground) and for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds after you hit the ground.

Edited by jjpdn

Soo, we should get a mod, that whenever you use the future charge jump, you become invisible during the jump (until you hit the ground) and for 0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds after you hit the ground.

How about a mod that makes you invisible for as long as you avoid touching the floor? Jumps, parkour, wall running, etc

How about a mod that makes you invisible for as long as you avoid touching the floor? Jumps, parkour, wall running, etc

We'll be able to stick to walls and zigzag sideways with wallruns after movement 2.0 (potentially infinitely if the devs decide to remove stamina), so I think that would be a bit overpowered. xD

I think it would be better to just give Slash Dash invul frames throughout the animation (at least while sailing through the air) to ensure that the dodge is as super-reliable as possible. Or at least make health invulnerable during the animation, like the current system.

We'll be able to stick to walls and zigzag sideways with wallruns after movement 2.0 (potentially infinitely if the devs decide to remove stamina), so I think that would be a bit overpowered. xD

I think it would be better to just give Slash Dash invul frames throughout the animation (at least while sailing through the air) to ensure that the dodge is as super-reliable as possible. Or at least make health invulnerable during the animation, like the current system.

Depends if we can still 'break' on the wall. I do hope they keep that and don't toss it.

Valkyr is a melee frame and she has 600 base armor, SIX HUNDRED. Almost 10x as much armor as Excal............

Your point?  I rather you say it than me make an assumption.

And we have no idea if DE buffed his Shields/Health/Armor

Your point?  I rather you say it than me make an assumption.

And we have no idea if DE buffed his Shields/Health/Armor

My point is that the frames that were designed with melee in mind have insane armor stats, also you mentioned her. And no we don't know if they buffed any of his stats, all I'm saying is that I hope we get some stat buffs.

+1, was just about to suggest something like this.

I'm just gonna end this here. It's obvious you have no intentions of changing your opinion. At this point enough people have tried to convince you but you remain stubborn.

You could argue all you want, if the excalibur reworks were so harmful they wouldn't be seeing so much praise from DE across all media, whether forums, reddit, youtube ect. If you want to holdon the pipe dream of old excalibur by all means do, the rest of us will embrace progress.

Never said rework was harmful overall.

Just said that it changes his playstyle and i want the OPTION to keep the old one.

Having the OPTION doesnt mean the rework is not going to happen.

Having the OPTION means what when it does i have the ability to not use it.

Tonkor

Bounce

Tail Wind

They're all better than Super Jump ~~ and although it's good it's far from worthy of being an ability.

Pretty sure bounce and tail wind are not Excal abilities.

Tonkor is a weapon and that means only use Tonkor with Excal? I dunno what you are saying.

How can ou say excal isn't a melee frame, literally all his abilities but super jump involve a melee weapon, the ethereal skana

What some ppl have already stated.

Only thing I would like to see is a base health and/or armor boost for Excal (both versions.) As it is right now his base armor and health is just not built for melee unless you have everything blinded 24/7 and good luck doing that with only 300 energy and either no duration (fleeting expertise) or no range (narrow minded.)

His stats are not build for melee so they dont complement his new powers.

We dont know if the new 4th gives you invul. Without invul is going to be tricky getting in the middle of enemies. The free Radial Blind is nice but is limited.

The new SnD have you running into enemies hitting one target at a time. And as CLEARLY SHOWN IN THE STREAM, if you SnD into a group of people...since the power only targets one person at a time... the rest are going to be killing you while this is happening. If SnD doesnt have invul while you are in the move the ability is double dangerous as you are being attacked by enemies NOT being hit and charging INTO groups of enemies.

This means that after using SnD and you end up in a huge group of enemies you are going to either cast it again but looking up to escape or use one of your other powers. And this means that Excal now is casting heavy, as well.

Just said that it changes his playstyle and i want the OPTION to keep the old one.

Pretty sure bounce and tail wind are not Excal abilities.

Tonkor is a weapon and that means only use Tonkor with Excal? I dunno what you are saying.

What some ppl have already stated.

His stats are not build for melee so they dont complement his new powers.

We dont know if the new 4th gives you invul. Without invul is going to be tricky getting in the middle of enemies. The free Radial Blind is nice but is limited.

The new SnD have you running into enemies hitting one target at a time. And as CLEARLY SHOWN IN THE STREAM, if you SnD into a group of people...since the power only targets one person at a time... the rest are going to be killing you while this is happening. If SnD doesnt have invul while you are in the move the ability is double dangerous as you are being attacked by enemies NOT being hit and charging INTO groups of enemies.

This means that after using SnD and you end up in a huge group of enemies you are going to either cast it again but looking up to escape or use one of your other powers. And this means that Excal now is casting heavy, as well.

Basically everything you said boils down to not knowing what changes they are making outside of the new 4th and the removal of SJ. Which is true, and I don't understand why you are crying about it right now. Also, it being an optional change will never happen. That's too much extra work for DE.

PS, his first ability is called slash dash not slash and dash so if you're going to shorten it it should be SD not SnD.

Except that's not how reworks work. The older skillset is altered/removed entirely and is updated There's no reason to leave excalibur Old skill set aside from nostalgia. His current skill set is heavily outdated.

And by that reasoning why not give us the old ember and rhino skillsets back? If you want players to play a new and updated frame, leaving it's old skillset ingame dimishes that. You're asking for 2 separate frames, the Old and New excalibur. Everytime a frame rework happens everyone always goes " I miss when X had Y".

The same thing happening here, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Without invul is going to be tricky getting in the middle of enemies. The free Radial Blind is nice but is limited.

What? That's like saying "without invul is going to be tricky shooting ranged enemies with Loki. Invisibility and Disarm are nice but are limited".

You literally just stated the perfect solution to the problem right there. Just use a slide attack as a distance closer and boom, you're untouchable and free to enjoy your Finishers and/or crazy multihit stealth multipliers.

The only enemy that can counter this is a Nullifier, and as any current pure-melee Excal knows, they aren't exactly hard to deal with. Just jump and use Directional Melee or something and their accuracy drops to zero.

Edited by SortaRandom