Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Shot Rifles - Magazine Capacity

Donatoo

I.E. The grinlok and the sybaris are both in need for a upgrade in magazine capacity, nuff said.

Spending 2/3 of the game reloading or spray and pray with the soma prime, not a hard choice.

As much as I love the sybaris its just plain stupid how much time you spend reloading these guns.

Weapons like the soma need a nerf, not the other way around.

Not to mention modding needs an extreme overhaul so you can viably choose to increase magazine capacity and reload speed if you dislike the downtime on a weapon.

Just buffing weapons like the grinlok will result in powercreep and will diminish what little uniqueness the weapons retain.

Weapons like the soma need a nerf, not the other way around.

Not to mention modding needs an extreme overhaul so you can viably choose to increase magazine capacity and reload speed if you dislike the downtime on a weapon.

Just buffing weapons like the grinlok will result in powercreep and will diminish what little uniqueness the weapons retain.

Please no more nerfs i beg you! only buffs for underpowered/misstreated guns like grinlok, opticor, sybaris, vulkar, tigris... 

Edited by Grom-84

Latron, Latron Prime, Latron Wraith, Sybaris, Tyberon...  All of these weapons deserve a magazine capacity increase. A serious one.

And, it seems there is also an issue with the multishot stats that aren't really applied correctly (Abnormal low damage).

Latron, Latron Prime, Latron Wraith, Sybaris, Tyberon...  All of these weapons deserve a magazine capacity increase. A serious one.

And, it seems there is also an issue with the multishot stats that aren't really applied correctly (Abnormal low damage).

Judging entirely by real life standards, 15 rounds seems a bit underwhelming for a semi-auto battle rifle.  An M14 or FAL, the closest analog to a Latron, typically holds 20 rounds in the commonly available magazine.  The Grinlok's magazine size would not be unreasonable in real life at all, actually rather typical for a lever gun, but the Grinlok doesn't appear to feed from a traditional magazine, as the reload is very unique.  The Sybaris is a strange gun so I would have nothing to compare it to.  Maybe a faster reload would be a better solution for some of these weapons.

Judging entirely by real life standards, 15 rounds seems a bit underwhelming for a semi-auto battle rifle.  An M14 or FAL, the closest analog to a Latron, typically holds 20 rounds in the commonly available magazine.  The Grinlok's magazine size would not be unreasonable in real life at all, actually rather typical for a lever gun, but the Grinlok doesn't appear to feed from a traditional magazine, as the reload is very unique.  The Sybaris is a strange gun so I would have nothing to compare it to.  Maybe a faster reload would be a better solution for some of these weapons.

Latron's 15 round is much like a M1 Carbine (unmodded)

With mods its possible to reach 23 rounds, i usually kept at 20 rounds, which is like a M14

But from the look of it... Latron resembles a gun very closely

I will bypass the comperation(this word exist???) Betwin and Orokin Era rifle with an WW 2 carabine...

First: OP you are the hero we need!!!

The damage of this niche of weapons are good the way it is, my only problem is the reload of all, is painfull reload a Latron Prime, if I remember it is 2.2 sec.

Sybaris( my most used weapon) could have 12 shots and 1.8 reload time, the animation is the best in the game.

Latron Prime already kick some asses, but that reload for a weapon designed for high tier enemies hurt sometimes.

Grinlok should have 2.5 crit damage to make worth that slot for the augment and 8 shots.

A solution to this could be a new mod that does not add a percentage of clips size but a fixed amount, this would make it a very good choice for the aforementioned guns but a bad choice for all the auto rifles.

Example

Extended clip:

Like adds 2 ammo per rank for a total of 10 at max level. Or make it lower rank for a max gain of 6 ammo per clip!

Must be unusable for the Vectis though.

Add the Tigris to the list. With a 1.8 Sec reload it is just a terrible weapon. The doubleshot and long reload as a combo makes it terrible to use. Think of the amount of enemies that roam each map, even with an exterminate mission 100 plus enemies. If you placed all shots on point and killed each enemy with 1 pull and release of the trigger you are reloading over 50 times, with a reload of almost 2 secs.. where is the logic in this. DE is releasing so many weapons and are slacking in the logic department. 

The kohm when it was released was an end game weapon, now its barely any good. With the low drop rate of shotgun ammo, 20 rounds that replenish, only 50 that replenish with a FULL AMMO RESTORE (50??? what happened to 100??) and the fast fire rate it can achieve, making it hitscan with damage falloff...... i will stop there. 

The sibaris 10 rounds per mag but uses two bullets when shooting, and a 2 sec reload? The fire rate is not all that good making it difficult to mod. The veykor marelok far surpasses weapons like these and it is a secondary. 

The tiberon, NO ONE USES IT. why? 

5% crit chance

7% status chance

1 polarity. 

I know some of what I mentioned were full auto weapons and burst fire weapons but the lack of logic when DE releases some of these weapons it baffling. The KOHMAK another terrible... terrible weapon. 

The paracyst, the mutalist quanta. The drakgoon....... The glaxion. This stats on this weapon it mind boggling. 25 base damage...?? 0 POLARITIES? fully modded with 6 formas this is still useless. Why does it exist if no attention will be payed to it?

The buzlock with the lock on feature why would you give it a 3 sec reload? Not only that but is has 10% base status, 10% base crit chance and guess what? 0 POLARITIES.. lol who in their right mind would take to the time to properly mod this weapon? 

I do not understand why weapons like this even exist in the game 

It's like DE enjoys releasing weapons without a care of how good or how terrible they actually make it. Weapons like the synoid are released with ridiculous stats, everyone gets it, formas it, then it get's nerfed to S#&$... Understandable, but what about the already S#&$ weapons that probably 2% of the community actually took the time to mod, put formas and a potatoe on? Tired of seeing all of these new weapons being released without a care for what has been broken since 2 years ago. FIX IT!!!!

and one last thing. The Nukor 4X crit multiplier... (awesome).. 1% crit chance... lmfaooo DE DE DE... SMH. goodbye. 

Edited by (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt

Add the Tigris to the list. With a 1.8 Sec reload it is just a terrible weapon. The doubleshot and long reload as a combo makes it terrible to use. Think of the amount of enemies that roam each map, even with an exterminate mission 100 plus enemies. If you placed all shots on point and killed each enemy with 1 pull and release of the trigger you are reloading over 50 times, with a reload of almost 2 secs.. where is the logic in this. DE is releasing so many weapons and are slacking in the logic department.

The kohm when it was released was an end game weapon, now its barely any good. With the low drop rate of shotgun ammo, 20 rounds that replenish, only 50 that replenish with a FULL AMMO RESTORE (50??? what happened to 100??) and the fast fire rate it can achieve, making it hitscan with damage falloff...... i will stop there.

The sibaris 10 rounds per mag but uses two bullets when shooting, and a 2 sec reload? The fire rate is not all that good making it difficult to mod. The veykor marelok far surpasses weapons like these and it is a secondary.

The tiberon, NO ONE USES IT. why?

5% crit chance

7% status chance

1 polarity.

I know some of what I mentioned were full auto weapons and burst fire weapons but the lack of logic when DE releases some of these weapons it baffling. The KOHMAK another terrible... terrible weapon.

The paracyst, the mutalist quanta. The drakgoon....... The glaxion. This stats on this weapon it mind boggling. 25 base damage...?? 0 POLARITIES? fully modded with 6 formas this is still useless. Why does it exist if no attention will be payed to it?

The buzlock with the lock on feature why would you give it a 3 sec reload? Not only that but is has 10% base status, 10% base crit chance and guess what? 0 POLARITIES.. lol who in their right mind would take to the time to properly mod this weapon?

I do not understand why weapons like this even exist in the game

It's like DE enjoys releasing weapons without a care of how good or how terrible they actually make it. Weapons like the synoid are released with ridiculous stats, everyone gets it, formas it, then it get's nerfed to S#&$... Understandable, but what about the already S#&$ weapons that probably 2% of the community actually took the time to mod, put formas and a potatoe on? Tired of seeing all of these new weapons being released without a care for what has been broken since 2 years ago. FIX IT!!!!

and one last thing. The Nukor 4X crit multiplier... (awesome).. 1% crit chance... lmfaooo DE DE DE... SMH. goodbye.

Thanks for speak everything we all know and need to be changed.

Latron's 15 round is much like a M1 Carbine (unmodded)

With mods its possible to reach 23 rounds, i usually kept at 20 rounds, which is like a M14

But from the look of it... Latron resembles a gun very closely

actually this is a civil version of a g36 without burst mode... 30 shots per clip

actually this is a civil version of a g36 without burst mode... 30 shots per clip

The G36 uses a folding stock... which the SL8 looking/ L96A1 style butt stock

is what the Latron resembles.

And its 30 rounds per magazine.

Shot is actually a term for the pellets in a shotgun shell.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Yeah, I'd like to see a 20 round magazine for the Sybaris and a 10 round magazine for the Grinlok followed by a reduction to their reloading times (perhaps 1.7 seconds for each rifle?)

Also, while we're at it, give the Grinlok better crit stats, something like a 30% base crit chance and a 2.5 multiplier. Building for crit as is can be difficult since you give up two slots, but the Grinlok requires 3 and only gives you a 67.5% chance to crit. A 30% base crit chance would give you 135% chance to crit and a 5.5 crit multiplier. Simply put, with the extra mod slot you're giving up, the Grinlok needs to be one of the best crit weapons in the game. A buff to the fire rate wouldn't hurt as well. 

Edited by SquidTheSid

Reload takes too much time? That's why we have mods like primed fast hands:)

In all seriousness...

Tigris and sobek can barely be improved, even with the mods.

Grinlok and sybaris do not need a ammo capacity buff because then they would become OP

Well if follow this logic double barreled shotguns are burst fire guns)

Double barreled shotguns have either two triggers, one per barrel, or have only a single trigger that works each barrel alternately. In either case, one trigger pull fires one round. The Sybaris fires both rounds automatically with one trigger pull.

Seriously, a lever-action burst-fire weapon is weird. It has, clearly, an automatic loading mechanism, because that mechanism loads the second round into the chamber to be fired right after the first one is fired. But then the mechanism has to be manually worked with a lever...? I really try not to think about it too much.

Edited by motorfirebox

Yeah, I'd like to see a 20 round magazine for the Sybaris and a 10 round magazine for the Grinlok followed by a reduction to their reloading times (perhaps 1.7 seconds for each rifle?)

Also, while we're at it, give the Grinlok better crit stats, something like a 30% base crit chance and a 2.5 multiplier. Building for crit as is can be difficult since you give up two slots, but the Grinlok requires 3 and only gives you a 67.5% chance to crit. A 30% base crit chance would give you 135% chance to crit and a 5.5 crit multiplier. Simply put, with the extra mod slot you're giving up, the Grinlok needs to be one of the best crit weapons in the game. A buff to the fire rate wouldn't hurt as well. 

There is already a weapon called Latron Wraith which fits the description of the Sybaris you wish for.

Grinlok is a status rifle, you can reach 100% status with it, so adding crit to Grinlok would make it the most OP rifle compared to Sybaris.

Any hitscan weapon with 100% crit chance after modding would be considered OP, since the only 2 weapons which can do it are Dread and Paris Prime, the projectile and slow fire rate is to compensate the over 100% crit chance.

If anything is possible and not considered OP I would wish for a Full Auto Vectis (Damage) with Soma's 100 round capacity and 3.5x base crit. 

And Dread's 125% Crit Chance when modded... Unfortunately this would essentially make other weapons useless.

Double barreled shotguns have either two triggers, one per barrel, or have only a single trigger that works each barrel alternately. In either case, one trigger pull fires one round. The Sybaris fires both rounds automatically with one trigger pull.

Seriously, a lever-action burst-fire weapon is weird. It has, clearly, an automatic loading mechanism, because that mechanism loads the second round into the chamber to be fired right after the first one is fired. But then the mechanism has to be manually worked with a lever...? I really try not to think about it too much.

The hammer can be designed so it could hit both rounds at the same time with a single trigger pull)

There is already a weapon called Latron Wraith which fits the description of the Sybaris you wish for.

Grinlok is a status rifle, you can reach 100% status with it, so adding crit to Grinlok would make it the most OP rifle compared to Sybaris.

Any hitscan weapon with 100% crit chance after modding would be considered OP, since the only 2 weapons which can do it are Dread and Paris Prime, the projectile and slow fire rate is to compensate the over 100% crit chance.

If anything is possible and not considered OP I would wish for a Full Auto Vectis (Damage) with Soma's 100 round capacity and 3.5x base crit.

And Dread's 125% Crit Chance when modded... Unfortunately this would essentially make other weapons useless.

Using your logic, Amprex is OP. Hitscan and highest crit in game. You have a range limit, but Volt's Shield

solves that..