The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akjagara: Later Game Potential?

TheStag

Question

Do the AkJagara have any sort of late game potential, or is it simply an expensive mid-tier weapon?

I have come to enjoy this weapon, and it is useable in its current state (no potato/forma) but I would like to know if it is worth the trouble of obtaining a potato for it and forma'ing it a few times to max it out.

14 answers to this question

I can't say since I'm the only one that seems to be able to make any weapon go end game and be viable without 100 forma- BUT I DIGRESS. I'd say yes. I like the akjagara. It has a nice balance of a "GET OUT OF MY FACE NOW" weapon and a "clear them as they come at you" weapon combined.

It's an interesting weapon that can do status, magazine size, and burst damage.

The major downsides are that it doesn't specialize in any one area and that it has high recoil like the vasto so you really need to get used to it if not using steady hands.

Don't you mean the Lex ?

The Lex series has high recoil like the Vasto/Akjagara series but Lex is puncture damage and low rate of fire as opposed to the slash damage and high rate of fire of the Vasto/Akjagara series. Recoil becomes a major issue only after rate of fire can keep up.

One more point about Akjagara - it has lower accuracy compared to the Vasto and many other secondaries so don't try to use it for long range sniping.

I have over 34k kills with Akjagaras... No other secondary comes close in killcount.

I also like Lex Prime, Hikou Prime and Gammacor. They all have around 7000 kills.

Edit: My Akjagara has 1 Catalyst and 2 Forma (2 Madurai for Hornet Strike and Barrel Diff). Yes, I use Steady Hands.

This is my setup(all mods maxed): Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Steady Hands, Scorch, Frostbite, Ice Storm, Razor Shot

Mag size: 34

Impact: 80.6

Puncture: 80.6

Slash: 602.1

Blast: 860.2

Edited by StealthDragoon

Akjagara... I actually liked it enough to potato it halfway through despite its initially subpar performance. Steady Hands and the fire button's alternate bound to the scroll wheel makes it a torrent of (VERY nice-sounding - the audio is great on these) slash-filled, albeit inaccurate death.

It's not godly. Nor does it have to be. The only things I really wish it had would be... maybe slightly less base recoil so it would scale better with Steady Hands, and definitely slightly higher base accuracy. And an override to quick melee - they have blades on the ends. Why can we not smack people with Akjagara or Tigris?

I ended up throwing a potato on it and I've found it performs well everywhere but the longest T4 runs. It's suitable for the majority of your endgame purposes. A lot of people were/are put off by the build cost since it's geared for newer players and not vets, but it's still a very good weapon. 

AkJagara has decent DPS (especially burst DPS), high status chance, and decent ammo efficiency. As such, it should be plenty viable for later in the game much as any high Status high ROF weapon is. But it also has a lot of recoil and inaccuracy. It's perhaps best thought of as a compromise between the dual pistols and the shotgun pistols. Less damage than the shotgun pistols, but more range.

AkJagara has decent DPS (especially burst DPS), high status chance, and decent ammo efficiency. As such, it should be plenty viable for later in the game much as any high Status high ROF weapon is. But it also has a lot of recoil and inaccuracy. It's perhaps best thought of as a compromise between the dual pistols and the shotgun pistols. Less damage than the shotgun pistols, but more range.

Very true. No damage falloff either.

1 thing I forgot to mention. These pistols have multishot by default, they fire 2 bullets per shot. So, if you put Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion to boost Multishot(total 180% multishot), you will fire more than 2 bullets per shot. Like 5-6 shots per fire. So in theory, these pistols are like mini-shotguns when fired in quick succession.