Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Vauban] Warframe Etiquette: Sticking Tesla Mines On Players

DSMK2

Question

This is starting to nag at me, I can't tell what others think about it because they say nothing about it, but is sticking Tesla mines on players generally tolerated?

In my view, I think it provides for them an extra sentinel or mobile proximity turret and provides a degree of fun: "Look what these can do!". My buddies also share the same idea, pondering the viability of covering ourselves in tesla mines and running around a level.

But in PUGs, what does that action come off as?

That sounds wrong... Sticking foreign objects into other peoples bodies.

Well, avatars.

Well, back to topic, I don't particularly mind, it's fun sometimes. It does get in the way of completing some side-objectives however. Sometimes I get the 10 melee kills, but with a grenade on me, before I actually strike an enemy the tesla explodes him.

Although fun, it can sometimes be a bother. Most of the times it isn't though.

Threw it in a friend of mine. 200+ energy worth on tesla. (we were on a voice chat.) when i did hit he starrted sprinting around the rooms screaming like a madman.. That was just awesome. and you saw the enemies die in seconds.  So if people agree to it DO IT! otherwise stick em to your sentinel or walls. :P

I have yet to become annoyed with it. We'll see how I feel in a month, when the novelty wears off, but right now if I get stuck with tesla(s) its kinda entertaining to see what I can make of it. Letting my shade keep me cloaked while everything dies is a personal favorite.

I normally don't mind Tesla being stick to my frame.

However, if you do, take note to stick it to the lower parts of the body. Some random Vauban I met keep sticking it to the face/shoulder of the teammates and the flare/lightning make it impossible to see anything when aiming.

I think its cool  as long as you don't overdo it. Stop if they ask you to.

And now on to proper placement of teslas on teammates. Aim low, generally right in the crotch area. 1, its funny, and 2 its low enough that most of its light effects don't blind the person you attached it to. As said above, Excalibur is a good choice for a tesla host. It's a fast frame, and with slash dash it's even faster. Volt is also fun. With the speed boost it's pretty fun to watch.

The enemies die of bleeding eyes :)

Now we have another "eyesore" to add to the list (along with stuff like Ember and Banshee's ult)

Ash's don't count. It mask up everything in smoke, but at least we won't get any eye-scream.... lol

When playing with my team, they all ask for additional firepower. So I let them have an extra tesla ball.
There should be some kind of communication before someone throws those things at other players. All in all, I dont think this should be "nerfed"

I think there is just a need for better communication in a team =)

I normally don't mind Tesla being stick to my frame.

However, if you do, take note to stick it to the lower parts of the body. Some random Vauban I met keep sticking it to the face/shoulder of the teammates and the flare/lightning make it impossible to see anything when aiming.

This right here. If your Teslas are more important than my ability to shoot, then I'm not going to bother encouraging your bad habits by making use of those Teslas.

Keep the teslas down where I can still contribute to combat and we're good.

What happen if you stick a Tesla to Volt? And have Volt speed run through enemies?

(Can Volt amplify tesla? That would be awesome!)

No, Volt can't amplify Tesla. That would be awesome though.

I personally don't think people should mind the Teslas that are stuck onto you. I mean yeah, they can sometimes take your kills but at the end of the day you get the same XP from the enemy if you kill it or someone else does. I've accidently thrown Teslas on people and they didn't seem to mind it at all. 

I don't mind, personally.  It's a huge help on defense missions, and it doesn't really get in the way of regular gameplay on any other kind of mission.  Besides, that way I can run around going "Look, guys, I'm a Glowbo!  :D ".  :3