Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dmc4:se Is Perhaps My Leader For Goty So Far

-Mr.Meeseeks-

Just 90 minutes in and I already feel like a god while playing as Vergil. Teleporting everywhere while simultaneously slashing, tossing ethereal swords at enemies, while screaming my head off from all the hype at the same time. Though that isn't to say the combat is shallow and easy to learn; there's so much more I have yet to master and I already feel like possess immense power.

I can't wait to try out Trish and Lady. Even giving the normal story mode another go will be amazingly fun. Such a shame that Capcom likely will be discontinuing the Devil May Cry series after this. At least it will be going out with a bang.

...b-but fallout 4 D:

he said "so far" ^^ 

And I like it too, it can be a lot of fun once you get going and feel the power :3

But yea, if I look at other games that will come out this year *cough Mgs5 cough Fallout 4* ...let's just say Dmc4 is good, really good...but I think I will personally have another goty favorite o3o

As above, it doesn't matter if it re-releases. Otherwise games like TLOU remastered would have been very strong contenders.

That makes no sense, the game is a new game. Henceforth, it is viable to be game of the year.

Where is the rule that states "It has to be in its initial launch".

That makes no sense, the game is a new game. Henceforth, it is viable to be game of the year.

Where is the rule that states "It has to be in its initial launch".

No it's not, it's a remaster, DMC4 came out in 2008. GOTY is generally based on the rule of the most Innovative and promising new IP of the year. It's basically an unspoken rule. Name one other game that has gotten a GOTY from a remaster?

No it's not, it's a remaster, DMC4 came out in 2008. GOTY is generally based on the rule of the most Innovative and promising new IP of the year. It's basically an unspoken rule. Name one other game that has gotten a GOTY from a remaster?

It doesn't matter if it's a remaster, it is still a game that has come out in the year it had came out, regardless of whether it is a remaster. To me, it's still viable for GOTY status.

DMC4: SE brings forward new characters with new ways to play with new combos and style. 

Also I don't believe in the concept of unspoken rules, an unspoken rule is a rule not a rule. 

Also notice how the op said:

this will be my GOTY. 

It's his personal GOTY, not an official GOTY. 

So are you gonna really argue that he's not allowed to say it's his GOTY?

Edited by TheErebus.

It doesn't matter if it's a remaster, it is still a game that has come out in the year it had came out, regardless of whether it is a remaster. To me, it's still viable for GOTY status.

DMC4: SE brings forward new characters with new ways to play with new combos and style. 

Also I don't believe in the concept of unspoken rules, an unspoken rule is a rule not a rule. 

Also notice how the op said:

It's his personal GOTY, not an official GOTY. 

So are you gonna really argue that he's not allowed to say it's his GOTY?

The title says: Dmc4:se Is Perhaps My Leader For Goty So Far.

I doesn't matter if he mentions it as his personal GOTY later.

Also "an unspoken rule is a rule not a rule." - that statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You're arguing semantics, not facts.

Also something I've been humoring in my head for a little bit, going back to our old convo, your reasoning for DMC:SE getting a GOTY nomination:

"DMC4: SE brings forward new characters with new ways to play with new combos and style."

That can also be applied to Borderlands 2 GOTY edition. (Nechromancer*, and Krieg plus added campaign)

* assuming you didn't preorder and get Gaige for free.

So if DMC4:SE can get a nomination on those grounds, so can BL2GOTYE.

So if BL2GOTYE got GOTY, would that make it BL2GOTYGOTYE?

philosoraptor1.png

Edited by (PS4)Pharen