Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm Family Melee Weapon

JesterTheNight

The new trend in Tenno reinforcements has been "weapon family sets", we have Paris set, Tigris set, Boltor set and Soma set. Now with 2/3 weapons for the set, I think the Kohm family should get its melee weapon, both primary and secondary weapons are auto-shotguns, I wonder what the melee will be, maybe a new gunblade (Redeemer feels lonely), some shotgun-furax gauntlets, a gun-lance? What do you think it could be?

Edited by JesterTheNight

Inb4 a melee weapon that swings faster the more you spam it.

It's called a crit weapon with Berserker on.

Speaking of which, the Ripkas came to mind for some reasons. It's a pair of (plant cutter) saw fists, made by Grineer, and it's a crit melee,thus compatible with Berserker, and it came along side with the Kohmak if I recall correctly.

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

Speaking of which, the Ripkas came to mind for some reasons, it's a pair of (plant cutter) saw fists, made by Grineer, and it's a crit melee, thus it came along side with the Kohmak if I recall correctly.

I think it did but if they're part of the set then the set is complete and a bundle should be in the market like the other family sets.

Speaking of which, the Ripkas came to mind for some reasons, it's a pair of (plant cutter) saw fists, made by Grineer, and it's a crit melee, thus it came along side with the Kohmak if I recall correctly.

Same. I think Ripkas is the Kohm-family's melee

Hitting an enemy with crits to achieve a speed bonus =/= an additive speed bonus on every swing.

The speed bonuses from Berserker do stack additively if that matters. Sorry if I'm being irrelevant.

They stack additively, however the bonus is multiplicative. But I think you got the point. What I was suggesting is a melee weapon that gets a speed bonus on every swing whereas with berserker you need to hit and crit a target to get a speed bonus.

Edited by Storchenbein

Grineers think it's better to sell separately to get more profit

Damn Grineer want to be like Nef?

It should be a whip, that gradually gets faster as it attacks, along with its status chance slowly raising until 10% more of its start

Love it, whips (and scythes) should get more love.

Edited by JesterTheNight

They stack additively, however the bonus is multiplicative. But I think you got the point. What I was suggesting is a melee weapon that gets a speed bonus on every swing whereas with berserker you need to hit and crit a target to get a speed bonus.

It sounds complicated for a melee weapon even if it fits the spooling mechanic of its other variants. How would you explain a melee that gains more speed for every swing ? Edited by The_Vile_Blade

It sounds complicated for a melee weapon even if it fits the spooling mechanic of its other variants. How would you explain a melee that gains more speed for every swing ?

Something like the Jat Kittag but with an engine that gets stronger the longer the weapon is in use. I mean, do you really need a perfect explanation of the weapon? It's not like every other weapon in the game makes logical sense, just say it's powered by space magic like half of the other weapons.

Something like the Jat Kittag but with an engine that gets stronger the longer the weapon is in use. I mean, do you really need a perfect explanation of the weapon? It's not like every other weapon in the game makes logical sense, just say it's powered by space magic like half of the other weapons.

Eh, fair enough.

DE make it happen pls.

Hear me out here: A machete with a circular blade on the end of it. Making another Gunblade would make sense, but the only one we have right now is already part of a weapon family. I don't want to see that weapon category become the dumping ground for "we want to make a new bundle for this primary and secondary" style weapons.

However, as a die-hard lover of the Ballistic Fist from New Vegas, I'd not turn away a shotgun Fist weapon, even if it didn't really do anything very shotgun except deal native Blast damage or a muzzle flash effect on impact or something.

Reading this thread makes me think of the grineer drill (Pile bunker?) that was suggested during the melee weapon contest almost two years ago...

To make it more Khomy; could replace the drill with almost flack-type, short range shotgun?

Could go with dual furax-style punching that gets higher speed and slightly longer range for each consecutive punch (using the jet-like piston function to essentially do the work).

Grineer Pile Bunker: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147661-phase-1-melee-weapon-concept-submissions/?p=1748913

One of the ways we could see a melee equivalent of the Kohm is to use a stance and find a way to get increasing amounts of hits per attack (in about the same time). Fist/sparring weapons have a punch followed by a one-two punch for example.

I think this could work with the ripkas. The further in the combo chain you get, the faster your chainsaw-hands rev up and the more hits each swipe does. The number of hits should be tied to an audio cue - like reving up a chainsaw - to sound like the Kohm build/reving up it's shots.

It would also give us all the chance to be the Freddy Kreuger/Chainsaw Massacre hybrid we deserve to be. :P