Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Well this program is actually a really good idea. I know tons of people would love to help get newbies established. Trust me, starting warframe for the first time can be rough on new players. Especially in public sessions where other more experienced players don't assist them as much and try to force them to pull their own weight. While it's great if they can, I wouldn't expect them to know how to right on their first day or even week of play. Took me about two weeks to finally get into the groove and even then there was still stuff I didn't know about.

I like helping newbies get themselves established and even try to trade some useful mods to help them get started (if they're mastery rank 2 of course.) that being said, I don't think I'd have the patience to do what the guys that are part of this program do. As some may know I have a rather short temper sometimes. So those of you that have the patience to deal with newbies on a regular basis, kudos to you. ;)

Edited by Glisp

i think either a new relay is needed or something other than a sigil is needed for guides to be effective, i happened to notice a guide once in the vesper relay but it was so busy as varo was in that if a new player had just appeared in the relay it would have been chaos for them and a sigil in that whirlwind of players would have been useless to any new players. 

I think a relay locked to MR 0-3 and guides would be the best thing for new players, no random stampede of players looking for Baros tasty treats and also i think in a relay thats locked down to new players will encourage them to ask questions rather than worry about a vet giving a snotty answer (doesnt happen often but i have seen it done).

My last thing would be to that a Lotus message goes out after the initial training missions with an image of the sigil and what the guides are for and which relay they can be found in. 

p.s. To the Current Guides good luck and thanks for helping out those that reach out.

Good Hunting Tenno

Edited by (XB1)A YorkshireZulu

Why not make special list in "Friends" tab that will show every Guide that is online, they could for sure add "Bussy/Active" thingies so they wouldnt get stomped by a lot of questions [this is really hard, FOnline taught me that answering 4-5 questions in same time can be very very difficult]

They only need to know how to ask questions, sometimes i find tenno that really try to keep on their own [and then when they finnaly ask they say most of the time high rank players were rushing maps without answering any question]

After all, everyone can help newcomers if they are only willing to.

I applaud DE for their great intentions and I truly hope that someone will find it useful.  However, I believe most new players are going to turn to trusty old Google to find the information that they need.  With all of the great information on the Wiki, as well as other sources of information on the web, I don't know that a majority of new players will even know or attempt to find any of these Guides of the Lotus.

Hey there fellow Tenno! Here's an official update on some of the new awesome junior Guides that have recently joined us. Please welcome (if you haven't already) (XB1)doM I Skilla (German) / (PS4)mifle63 (French) / (XB1)aflem1 / (XB1)Unholy Trojan(XB1)BioRecombinator / and --MZez-- (Dutch). 

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone. Too much hype ^.^

good to see that there are more support measures for the newer player i have found that the new guys are getting the information regarding mechanics and play styles but are lacking the direction for post tutorial objectives. ever since this post was first brought to my attention i have been trying to get to the strata relay for atleast an hour a day to do my part for the warframe community but find that alot of the players arent getting the information about the GOTL initiative or coming to the relay and by accidental finding a GOTL player posting in relay chat. would there be a way that this could be broadcast in game during tutorials or possibly a post tutorial inbox transmission??? thank you for you time and keep up the great work :-)

Edited by (PS4)BigAdz85

Hey there fellow Tenno! Here's an official update on some of the new awesome junior Guides that have recently joined us. Please welcome (if you haven't already) (XB1)doM I Skilla (German) / (PS4)mifle63 (French) / (XB1)aflem1 / (XB1)Unholy Trojan(XB1)BioRecombinator / and --MZez-- (Dutch). 

it is nice to see mzez here to help :D

MZez will be the best gotl! confirmed 2015

Edited by E.M.P-DeathLegacy

Great work Danielle, Xbox desperately needed more guides.

Also congrats to all of the new recruits

Welcome, new Junior Guides!   ^_^

For those of you on the XB1 that joined, please message me on XB1 or PM me in Warframe if you ever need some kind of assistance or if you have any questions about the program outside of the stuff you saw in your invitations! I am generally on everyday for quite a bit, however, I can only dedicate SOO much time to helping out at times. I do my best however! Good to have you new Guides around! Good luck!