Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Concepts

MagPrime

Having Fan Concepts in the "extras" sub-forum seems to put it far out of view for people looking to post ideas.  It also devalues it a little by having it lumped in with Off Topic, Fan Art/Zone.

Putting it in the General Discussion sub-forum would improve its visibility and hopefully decrease the clutter in G.D.  

Why shouldn't it?  There are some good concepts in there (last time I checked, it's been awhile) 

If DE has no intention of checking what's put in there, why not merge it with Fan Zone instead?

And there's some good fan art. Doesn't mean DE should look to it and say "alright, THIS is the kind of stuff we have to put in game". They can look at it, maybe be inspired by some of it, but it's not something that is MEANT to be pushed into the game. Fan Concepts are suggestions, the idea players have of what they'd think would be cool in game as Fan Art is a tribute to what's cool in-game; DE can take and leave them and ignore them outright, and keeping them in Off-topic helps remind people of that.

Because it's a different animal - as it fan art. I honestly don't know WHAT Fan Zone is for when Fan Concepts and Fan Art are things all their own, but they're different enough to be separated.

Maybe Fan Zone should become a mega-forum (or whatever) all its own with the Fan Art, Fan Concept, and RPing forums under it, but Fan Concepts are NOT on the same level as the likes of GD and Feedback.

Edited by Morec0

...why not merge it with Fan Zone instead?

It was originally all one thing, along with the roleplaying threads.

It got to the point where it was so busy, it needed the seperation. Don't worry, new things get added all the time and I can tell you for a fact that DE look at them.

It was originally all one thing, along with the roleplaying threads.

It got to the point where it was so busy, it needed the seperation. Don't worry, new things get added all the time and I can tell you for a fact that DE look at them.

I know DE checks it out, the reason I suggested moving Fan Concepts to a more visible location is due to the clutter in G.D. of people posting "How to fix Xframe - change all the things!." "Here's my new weapon/frame idea." etc.  

Putting someplace easier to see would encourage people to use the sub-forum for it's intended purpose and ease some of the burden on the Com Mods.  And Morc0, I am aware that DE doesn't pull all of their inspiration from a fan's idea, but like SilverBones said, they do check it out and we have gotten 'frame like Zephyr from it.