Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Hydroid] The Worse Ultimate In The Game

Juebev

I hope when DE returns from their trip they will consider giving Hydroid's Ultimate some dire attention, Its a shame that his ultimate is so unreliable. It would be amazing if Hydroid could summon and command a void creature, or at the very least make it more intelligent to actually attack enemies and not appear on cliffs or ceilings.

I hope when DE returns from their trip they will consider giving Hydroid's Ultimate some dire attention, Its a shame that his ultimate is so unreliable. It would be amazing if Hydroid could summon and command a void creature, or at the very least make it more intelligent to actually attack enemies and not appear on cliffs or ceilings.

I was thinking this exactly! Maybe it should be a Hydra? It might just feel like a Chroma rip-off or something. The augment would only need a rename.

Edited by Xhos

I was thinking this exactly! Maybe it should be a Hydra? It might just feel like a Chroma rip-off or something. The augment would only need a rename.

More Summoners are always welcomed.

A hydra would be neat though, but I think a Kraken suits Tentacle Swarm better - however I'm willing to take anything as long as its smarter and actually attacks enemies like Chroma's ultimate.

And I know it can be done too.

worste ultimate in game? you realize mag zepher and night form quin all exist right? also this ability has MASSIVE start and end damage lurn2optimize this ability is amazing and the augment with the recent "nerf" as you uncreative fools call it is amazing it allows you to use a range/duration build to hold down a large area and let your allies kill them for bonus loot

worste ultimate in game? you realize mag zepher and night form quin all exist right? also this ability has MASSIVE start and end damage lurn2optimize this ability is amazing and the augment with the recent "nerf" as you uncreative fools call it is amazing it allows you to use a range/duration build to hold down a large area and let your allies kill them for bonus loot

You can't even spell "worse" or "learn" properly (with spellchecker) and you are calling other people fools. That's rich.

I'm not sure if this is a poor attempt at trolling or you just decided to ignore every single post in this thread to post your incomprehensible jibberish.

This thread is about unreliability and the lack consistency of Tentacle swarm, something Mag,"Zephyr" and "Equinox" do not have with their ultimates -PLUS no ultimate should be used purely for loot.

If you don't care enough to read the comments in the thread, don't post here.

Edited by Juebev

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you man, Hydroid is my go-to sometimes, Id love to see some rework on him for sure. Once his tentacle swarm gets a rework then we can say "Who's ready for me to release the Kraken!?"

Did y'all know the Pirates of the Caribbean 5/Dead Men Tell No Tales is supposed to be out in theatres in 2017? I can't wait!

I honestly believe that his 4th ability should somehow summon a real life Kraken and not just its tentacles, it would move across the floors and walls phasing in and out much like one of the bad guys in the anime Bleach series doing what tentacles do now but moving and going after enemies or protecting Hydroid. I asked a friend also who is a huge fan of Hydroid and he believes nothing would be more badass for the frame then having a real living Kraken by his side.

PS: Lets not have too "Rework" Hydroid also everyone, the frame is perfectly fine as is and if everyone agrees his 4th needs a little changing so be it. Not everything needs to be "Reworked" as though its been broken this whole time.

Edited by Monybags33

Question about the ult because it drives me nuts ..

The damage is .. okay. I guess.

But why does it only around 20 dmg per swarm tick on ancients (starter damage sucks too) ? I'm not talking about ancient healers, just ALL ancients.

Even so, Ancient healers buff the others but not themselves so the usual is to shoot them first .. but Hydroid ulti does .. just no damage to them.

Starter does maybe 50 and the swarm for 14-20 tops. Why.

USe narrow minded  for corridor CC or Stretch for big semi-cc ... It spawns where enemies are and  That's why you combine tidal surge and other CC abilities with him.. He can "camp" with his 4th ... also ... if you love press 4 to win ... use others. FOr hydroid , his 4th is kinda a camp for breathing space. And thus is fine... yeah sometimes it is derpy , but when you try to use ability where enemies haven't come. This is the problem with the player, not the ability. Mentality that was developed with frames like saryn/oberon/new excal/ nova actually stands on the way of hydroid's popularity. You'll need to think, count and then press... not like in cheezaid- rushing in, pressing 4 , winning.

But why does it only around 20 dmg per swarm tick on ancients (starter damage sucks too) ? I'm not talking about ancient healers, just ALL ancients.

Even so, Ancient healers buff the others but not themselves so the usual is to shoot them first .. but Hydroid ulti does .. just no damage to them.

If you plan to use ult on ancient, think twice ... and yeah, you can just take ancient away from the 4th with Tidal Surge and finisher. ... and #stopp4tw. Also, don't use overextended - less tentacles dropped everywhere is sad ... maybe it can CC , but it will CC only few ...

I do agree that the way those work and Hit needs to be improved, but spawning is good - not a p4tw ability like Nova's MP or Loki's RD.

Edited by pavlo555

If you plan to use ult on ancient, think twice ... and yeah, you can just take ancient away from the 4th with Tidal Surge and finisher. ... and #stopp4tw. Also, don't use overextended - less tentacles dropped everywhere is sad ... maybe it can CC , but it will CC only few ...

I do agree that the way those work and Hit needs to be improved, but spawning is good - not a p4tw ability like Nova's MP or Loki's RD.

Your explanation isn't answering anything .. 

Every warframe power becomes silly weak when there are Ancient Disruptors and/or Ancient Healers around. It's a good idea to take a good single-target weapon with you when you plan to use mostly abilities and take care about the ancients with it. I'm doing so when I'm doing my super-short-super-loot hydroid farm build. So I'd say it's just a mixture of Healers and Disruptors - the latter seems to have a really large radius of their aura.

Yes, i see that, hence the question ! I don't need a strategy against them, i focus them every time because they are obnoxious targets and the Healer buff is a damage output killer .. the question is :

Ancients aren't buffed against magnetic since my Gammacor shreds them.

They don't have a corpus anti power bubble.

So WHY is my ult doing something like -95% DAMAGE on them yet my 1 power (impact damage) suffer NO reduction ?

Wiki says nothing about that, their tooltip doesn't either.

RVElRwL.gif

After today's devstream it looks like Hydroid isn't even on DE radar and as I feared will be completely ignored. Ironically, the only kind of attention he gets is a nerf to pilfering swarm despite my dislike for the way he was being used.

-edited for salt-

Edited by Juebev

It seems i made a discovery.. 

If an ancient healer gives to a disruptor a buff aura, for some F*ed up reason, the disruptor seems to buff back the healer and himself concerning ability damage..

So the healer who normally gets ZERO damage reduction for himself even from another healer magically gets -90% damage received buff and the disruptor receives and keeps (even after the healer dies) twice the buff, -90% + -90% .. roughly 98% damage reduction from ability.

Reason unknown.

The mere title alone gives away you have no clue of what you are talking about.

Hydroids Ultimate is always useful, if it does not straight up kill, it holds in place.

Hydroid is one of the very very very few warframes whos Ultimate can be placed somewhere instead of just cast around him.

That in its own makes it something worth keeping as is.

Each tentacle reaches about 3 meters each way from its spawn point and can pick up multiple enemies.

Be honest, have you ever properly indicated where you wanted tentacles and had only tentacles where no enemies was hit?

Because I sure have not.

Also, ever accord to you that maybe a lot of redundant tentacles are spawned for dramatic effect?

If they change the placement of the tentacles to only spawn in places enemies might come, they will most likely also let less tentacles spawn.

Aka you got the same effectiveness you have now, just with less scene dressing tentacles.

Edited by ZoneDymo

Hydroid tentacles fling enemies around and get them stuck the whole squad cannot progress in the mission.

Stuck point is often over 50m away.

Host migration can solve this sometimes.

That's why i never use 4 when i play hydroid it is super buggy.

Edited by Volinus7

The mere title alone gives away you have no clue of what you are talking about.

Hydroids Ultimate is always useful, if it does not straight up kill, it holds in place.

Hydroid is one of the very very very few warframes whos Ultimate can be placed somewhere instead of just cast around him.

That in its own makes it something worth keeping as is.

Each tentacle reaches about 3 meters each way from its spawn point and can pick up multiple enemies.

Be honest, have you ever properly indicated where you wanted tentacles and had only tentacles where no enemies was hit?

Because I sure have not.

Also, ever accord to you that maybe a lot of redundant tentacles are spawned for dramatic effect?

If they change the placement of the tentacles to only spawn in places enemies might come, they will most likely also let less tentacles spawn.

Aka you got the same effectiveness you have now, just with less scene dressing tentacles.

And your first sentence makes it clear your lack reading comprehension.

Which part of "I main Hydroid and use him for everything" did you not understand friend?

You're talking about stuff everyone already knows here and has already mentioned. I know very well how hydroid works I thought that would be a given, because of the things I wrote in my opening statement. The Tentacles are unreliable and inconsistent, this is a undeniable fact. 

If not a rework, they need to be tweaked to be smarter so they actually attack nearby enemies instead of flailing around, because the way it is right now is not worth keeping as is. I don't care about "dramatic effect" nor do I think anyone does when they are in the middle of a fight and they need breathing room, I will gladly welcome less tentacles if it ment getting an smarter and more reliable ultimate.

Edited by Juebev

And your first sentence makes it clear your lack reading comprehension.

Which part of "I main Hydroid and use him for everything" did you not understand friend?

You're talking about stuff everyone already knows here and has already mentioned. I know very well how hydroid works I thought that would be a given, because of the things I wrote in my opening statement. The Tentacles are unreliable and inconsistent, this is a undeniable fact. 

If not a rework, they need to be tweaked to be smarter so they actually attack nearby enemies instead of flailing around, because the way it is right now is not worth keeping as is. I don't care about "dramatic effect" nor do I think anyone does when they are in the middle of a fight and they need breathing room, I will gladly welcome less tentacles if it ment getting an smarter and more reliable ultimate.

Just because you claim to "main hydroid" does not mean you know anything about the other frames.

In fact the title reinforces the idea that you dont.

inconsistent, obviously, you spawn physical objects on a random location, obviously that is going to be inconsistent as it needs to adjust to the physical enviroment.

Unreliable..., as I already mentioned: Be honest, have you ever properly indicated where you wanted tentacles and had only tentacles where no enemies was hit? Because I sure have not.

Also, talk about reading comprehension.... I stated that the extra tentacles are just that, extra, there are their for dress up and were never meant to contribute.

The tentacles always manage to grab enemies, even those that try to run past.

Idk about your "maining" of hydroid tbh, or perhaps you dont have enough time in it because it seems your experience and mine seem fairly different.

My tentacles have always been able to provide plenty of breathing room, in Raids dare I say more then any other move anyone casts (apart from maybe Vauban's bastile).

Ya know what, Im going to mention some frames with worse ultimates:

Nekros, Volt, Frost, Zephyr (I mean if you are talking about unreliable, hers you cant even aim), Mag, Banshee, Ember

Edited by ZoneDymo

Just because you claim to "main hydroid" does not mean you know anything about the other frames.

inconsistent, obviously, you spawn physical objects on a random location, obviously that is going to be inconsistent as it needs to adjust to the physical enviroment.

Unreliable..., as I already mentioned: Be honest, have you ever properly indicated where you wanted tentacles and had only tentacles where no enemies was hit? Because I sure have not.

Also, talk about reading comprehension.... I stated that the extra tentacles are just that, extra, there are their for dress up and were never meant to contribute.

Idk about your "maining" of hydroid tbh, or perhaps you dont have enough time in it because it seems your experience and mine seem fairly different.

My tentacles have always been able to provide plenty of breathing room, in Raids dare I say more then any other move anyone casts (apart from maybe Vauban's bastile).

Nekros, Volt, Frost, Zephyr (I mean if you are talking about unreliable, hers you cant even aim), Mag, Banshee, Ember

Yeah, no. Zephyr's ultimate provides both CC and damage (and they don't spawn in ceilings)--they hold enemies in places they can't harm players, just like you claim for Hydroid's tentacles, only difference being that I've seen Tornadoes do that much better because they can track enemies. Not to mention you can change elements on Zephyr's Tornadoes with your weapon, and they'll reliably proc that element on caught enemies. Corrosive, Viral and Radiation have higher priority on Tornadoes meaning if you know your elemental resistances, you wouldn't even need to shoot at flying enemies to deal significant damage. Same with Ember's ult--mod it for power strength and each blast will reliably proc burn panic on enemies, leaving them flailing their arms about and not moving.

Frost's ultimate can literally freeze enemies in place. How? What? I don't even. Again, they hold enemies in place much more reliably than tentacles. OP is correct in that this needs to be fixed ASAP. 

And Banshee? Really? I know people don't use her a lot so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know but she's one of the best team support frames. 3-min long, 50-meter wide stunlock is worse than unreliable, sad and sloppy tentacles that you never know where they'll go? 

How is anyone supposed to believe your claim about Hydroid when you make it clear you don't know anything about other frames?

You keep spouting random things that makes no sense, which makes you come off as try-hard.

This topic isn't about other frames, its about Hydroid. I even put it in bold so you can't miss it.  Lets talk about what you just said here

"inconsistent, obviously, you spawn physical objects on a random location, obviously that is going to be inconsistent as it needs to adjust to the physical enviroment."

I'm glad we are making some progress here and you are slowly coming to understand what this discussion is about. Unfortunately alot of things you are saying isn't making any sense, for instance your argument is," that useless tentacles are ok because its there for dress up" I'm not sure I even want to entertain such a asinine comment and I don't think I will.

And it looks like I spoke too soon because of your "examples" - every single one of those frames you mentioned have reliable ultimate's. Are they perfect? Of course not, they could use tweaks of course, but when you press 4 you know what to expect.

I don't understand how someone can't grasp that even after the gifs I have created in the opening subject unless you are just arguing just for the sake of it. This is an example when I was playing with my friends awhile ago,(and I can post pictures like this all day) the Pod was getting swarmed and we needed CC around the pod fast and Vauban of course saved the day with no help from hydroid:

dTryDD0.jpg

Edited by Juebev