The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposals For Parcour 2.0

IKOS

A small proposal for visual effect, when one is hung against a wall:

put a kind, bright aura of the hand that is stuck against the wall.
as it had been invented, a device that allows us to remain stuck against the wall.

for exemple:

parcour.jpg

Can we please make this the official proposal thread for Parkour 2.0? All the other threads are basically so full of whining and bickering that I imagine it would be a little difficult for the devs to dig through. It would be nice to have a thread dedicated solely to proposing improvements.

Can we please make this the official proposal thread for Parkour 2.0? All the other threads are basically so full of whining and bickering that I imagine it would be a little difficult for the devs to dig through. It would be nice to have a thread dedicated solely to proposing improvements.

Whining and criticsm are two different things.

Welcome to the forums. Read more threads

Oh, and sure. This idea makes more sense

Edited by Jaruis

Reading only the positive comments doesn't solve anything, if people criticize something it's probably because there is something wrong.

Reading only the positive comments doesn't solve anything, if people criticize something it's probably because there is something wrong.

This can be true, but much of the doom is usually wild assumptions and hyperbole. There is a difference between criticisms and saying "coptering is an iconic feature of WF! I will quit tomorrow if it's removed, game is unplayable now!"

@

Jaruis

I know the difference, and there's not much actual criticism and far too much bickering. I'm not taking a side in the argument for or against parkour 2.0, I'm just suggesting we propose our desired improvements and not argue at all. But I can see this thread has derailed already.

@

PapaFragolino

And I suggest we do neither in this thread to avoid arguments, instead focus on improving parkour 2.0.

I simply fail to see why wall running/walking needs to be removed.  The bunny hop movement along a vertical plane is really a pain to watch.  All that needs to be fixed with wall running is the ability to stop and start movement as we see fit, and remove the massive vaulting once we let go of the spacebar.  Tone that last part down considerably, and voila, better mechanics.

Okay, here goes.

1. The animations:

The issue most people, me included, have with parkour 2.0 is the hopping animation. It feels clunky, disjointed, repetitive, and just outright comical. What I suggest is to make it more of a dash than a hop, which mean less vertical and more horizontal movements. The tenno takes long, leaping strides along the wall, ALTERNATING his legs instead of just bunny-hopping with one leg ever kicking the wall. Making the character more perpendicular to the wall surface and further stabilizing the camera would be nice too.

2. Stamina replacement:

Seeing as how DE is implementing momentum to movement and removing stamina altogether, I say we keep the green bar and just make it a momentum meter. It can be a constantly decaying gauge (starting at 0, of course) that you build up with sprinting, wall dashing etc. This would greatly help palyers to grasp the new system and manage their movement. It also reuses assets already in the game, so less work for DE.

3. Speed:

All in all I agree with the general consensus that parkour 2.0 needs to be faster. A flat speed buff for any frame slower than 1.2 would also be appreciated.

Okay, here goes.

1. The animations:

The issue most people, me included, have with parkour 2.0 is the hopping animation. It feels clunky, disjointed, repetitive, and just outright comical. What I suggest is to make it more of a dash than a hop, which mean less vertical and more horizontal movements. The tenno takes long, leaping strides along the wall, ALTERNATING his legs instead of just bunny-hopping with one leg ever kicking the wall. Making the character more perpendicular to the wall surface and further stabilizing the camera would be nice too.

Yes, very yes.

Okay, here goes.

1. The animations:

2. Stamina replacement:

Seeing as how DE is implementing momentum to movement and removing stamina altogether, I say we keep the green bar and just make it a momentum meter. It can be a constantly decaying gauge (starting at 0, of course) that you build up with sprinting, wall dashing etc. This would greatly help palyers to grasp the new system and manage their movement. It also reuses assets already in the game, so less work for DE.

3. Speed:

All in all I agree with the general consensus that parkour 2.0 needs to be faster. A flat speed buff for any frame slower than 1.2 would also be appreciated.

Isn't the hopping animation they have a wip? Doesn't that make you kinda nuts for complaining about it?

Wallrunning Suggestion 

As for the whole "bunny wall hop" debate, I do feel the WIP looks a bit weird. Personally, I'd prefer a much faster wallrun, with the ability to perform the hop to get to another wall run location with a bit of space in between(Imagine having . Maybe making the hop with a much large stride and spacing between the legs would help. This would make a bit more sense, well, in my opinion.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog