Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frame Would You Rework, And How?

Censium

Putting this in off topic as I mean this to just be a fun topic for people to put their wishes to text.

Pretty much what the title says, It can be the whole frame, or a single ability.

I personally would rework Volt's ult to change from AOE Nuke to an energy drain ability that surrounds Volt in lightning

(Much like Shock Chroma's elemental Ward) that shocks all melee enemies when they strike, like the Retribution mod, and double his shield's recharge rate, and adds a small amount of electrical damage to all damage he sends out.

There's probably a bunch of these already, but hey. Why not?

Me? I would do this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/421408-switch-teleport-still-not-sewing-chaos/

I couldn't find any less than 6-7 months old, But my searching skills arn't exactly top-notch so.

I personally like that Idea, It would be a much more useful ability than it is now.

I couldn't find any less than 6-7 months old, But my searching skills arn't exactly top-notch so.

I personally like that Idea, It would be a much more useful ability than it is now.

Indeed. Switch Teleport has virtually NO combat applications, even though it was touted to have quite a lot.

There is never a time where using it is actually necessary, and it's rarely helpful. As it stands, Switch Teleport is only for map exploration, in a game where exploring the map doesn't help you at all.

Ember, everything in this topic.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/441244-ember-20-re-igniting-the-flames/#entry4896887

And if I get the chance for a second re-work, rhino. I would actually fix the things that are wrong with him.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/480130-making-rhino-a-better-rhino-and-a-better-horn-too/#entry5352136

Indeed. Switch Teleport has virtually NO combat applications, even though it was touted to have quite a lot.

There is never a time where using it is actually necessary, and it's rarely helpful. As it stands, Switch Teleport is only for map exploration, in a game where exploring the map doesn't help you at all.

It does if you use synergy, like swap teleporting with Decoy to get somewhere hard to get to. But that's it really,

But we're going off topic a little bit, 

Another frame I'd rework is Banshee, I don't think she has enough similarities to her namesake, I'd change some of her abilities to use more screaming. While the function of the abilities are on par, the animations I don't think match.

Ember. I don't have anything exact since I'm not a game dev, I won't pretend to know what's best and my bias towards her would create an unbalanced abomination. Food for thought on her though:

Possible passives:

* Damage amp vs burning foes

* Gain energy for killing burning foes

* Allowed to stack multiple instances of burning on the same enemy

Fireball:

* Napalm AoE

* Could stack nicely with burning-based passives

Accelerant:

* Move Fire Blast's radial effect onto this

Fire Blast:

* Scrap it, it's like Super Jump - a bad skill with more features tacked on

* Enemies avoid it, or don't get hurt by it due to scaling

World on Fire:

* Duration or upkeep - pick one!

* I'm a fan of Ember embodying fire: high energy consumption, but able to keep going by finding more energy to burn - energy on kills or inflicting burning?

* Needs to scale, Accelerant is not enough

* Perhaps damage multiplies for each successive hit on an enemy, or by how many stacks of burning (stackable burning passive)?

* Ember is still very squishy, so hard to cast

Replacements for Fire Blast:

* Overheat (a balanced version)?

* Energy management?

Ember. I don't have anything exact since I'm not a game dev, I won't pretend to know what's best and my bias towards her would create an unbalanced abomination. Food for thought on her though:

Possible passives:

* Damage amp vs burning foes

* Gain energy for killing burning foes

* Allowed to stack multiple instances of burning on the same enemy

Fireball:

* Napalm AoE

* Could stack nicely with burning-based passives

Accelerant:

* Move Fire Blast's radial effect onto this

Fire Blast:

* Scrap it, it's like Super Jump - a bad skill with more features tacked on

* Enemies avoid it, or don't get hurt by it due to scaling

World on Fire:

* Duration or upkeep - pick one!

* I'm a fan of Ember embodying fire: high energy consumption, but able to keep going by finding more energy to burn - energy on kills or inflicting burning?

* Needs to scale, Accelerant is not enough

* Perhaps damage multiplies for each successive hit on an enemy, or by how many stacks of burning (stackable burning passive)?

* Ember is still very squishy, so hard to cast

Replacements for Fire Blast:

* Overheat (a balanced version)?

* Energy management?

Very nice food for thought, I'd say maybe some animation speed ups, or like the new radial blind, the ability to move while casting would be nice,

However, I haven't ever played Ember so I'm completely uneducated on her abilities and her short comings.

None off the top of my head I'd rework, but there are some that need ability changes.

Ember:

-Change World on Fire to toggle only. The fact that it has a very short duration on top of a toggle is just stupid.

Nyx:
-Now, I love Nyx and all, she's a great CC frame- but Psychic Bolts is nothing short of completely useless. Either the ability needs a complete overhaul, or it needs to be changed to something a little more useful (and more thematically appropriate.)

Hydroid:

-Tempest Barrage isn't a bad idea, but it never hits anything. It might hit once or twice, but won't do really any damage worth noting.

Really that's about it; not many need a serious rework.

None off the top of my head I'd rework, but there are some that need ability changes.

Ember:

-Change World on Fire to toggle only. The fact that it has a very short duration on top of a toggle is just stupid.

Nyx:

-Now, I love Nyx and all, she's a great CC frame- but Psychic Bolts is nothing short of completely useless. Either the ability needs a complete overhaul, or it needs to be changed to something a little more useful (and more thematically appropriate.)

Hydroid:

-Tempest Barrage isn't a bad idea, but it never hits anything. It might hit once or twice, but won't do really any damage worth noting.

Really that's about it; not many need a serious rework.

I think all the AOE nukes need a rework/be done away with, they're not fun, I've noticed that alot of these newer frames (Chroma, New Exal, Etc) are all getting alot more unique/interactive Ults than say Volt, or Sayrn.

I think all the AOE nukes need a rework/be done away with, they're not fun, I've noticed that alot of these newer frames (Chroma, New Exal, Etc) are all getting alot more unique/interactive Ults than say Volt, or Sayrn.

I'm okay with AoE nukes as long as there's something unique about them. Ember's is certainly fine with me, just it's stupid how they're doing it right now.

I'm okay with AoE nukes as long as there's something unique about them. Ember's is certainly fine with me, just it's stupid how they're doing it right now.

I disagree to point, but I can see where your coming from.

but I gave it some though, Mag. Mag IMO needs a rework, the only reason she is used is because of Greedy Pull, and that's soon to change.

I'll comeback and edit this as I come up with ideas for her abilities

I disagree to point, but I can see where your coming from.

but I gave it some though, Mag. Mag IMO needs a rework, the only reason she is used is because of Greedy Pull, and that's soon to change.

I'll comeback and edit this as I come up with ideas for her abilities

I can see why people would dislike AoE nukes; I'm certainly not a fan of "Press 4 to do elemental AoE." Ember's at least makes sense to cause the ground around her to erupt in flames as she moves, hence I'm chill with its concept.

Mag probably could use a tune-up though.