Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Would You Be Without The Warframe Youtubers?

blazekan5

i accidentally click on an ads that said "SPACE NINJA JOIN NOW", downloaded the game, talk to myself, said oh dis cool, mmlike mass effect on steriod! though im using youtube to see some new weapon in action before buying or making them, dont really prefer any channel, some english guy i guess i dont really understand what hes talking about, just turn off the volume and watch also i think the gay guy something, he always talk about it anyway(no offense)

• 3 weeks later...

I would't have noticed the new super jump without them. Aside from that i learned everything by myself and the wiki.

But i like watching Quiette Shy, DKDiamantes and TheFaitKOs Videos because they are fun o/

Irritating everyone when I tried the Raids with no clue what to do.

God, people. READ THE ****ING NOTES! Watch the ****ing VIDEOS! YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING!

As for the rest of the game? Nope. Figured it out on my own. (This was before even the tutorial came out)

Between YouTube and the Wiki I followed Warframe for almost a year, until I could get it on console. (Wasn't going to upgrade my PC for a game, just my personal choice.)

They kept me informed and excited for the game. However, I still had to experience it to get a real appreciation for how the game worked. It was just information overload at first.

Now I mostly watch Dogman Dan and Mogamu for reviews and previews of PC content before it arrives on PS4.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

I never learned from youtubers. I tried watching one when I first started and got in an argument over paris vs dread with them, and came to the conclusion they had no idea what they were doing.

The wiki is everyone's friend. It's also fun when you're a shooter+rpg kinda player to develop your own theorycrafts about what works best. Sometimes the best tests are done in the game, not on paper. Most of my knowledge has come from a solid group of friends(clan mates) that all had the same goal of theorycraft. Two of them were math geniuses and could always tell me what would work better for different situations. And me and another were better at playing the actual game and applied the theories they came up with.

I think if you're a new player just starting out, it may seem easy to go look at a video and copy the build; but this will hurt you in long run. Builds change depending on different factors (to maximize potential of course). If you understand how to mod correctly, then you pretty much have 50% of the game.