The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Drop Is Kind Of Unfair

Archivian

1. 30-40 minutes apart

2. Sorta. Look at twitter.com/warframealerts to see what the ? is

3. See 2

4. Incorrect, you always have the same chance.

5. Correct.

6. Follow Twitter, carry a laptop, have a trusted friend log you on, Or you know, pay DE some money for their free game.

Do you not see a problem with #6?  I have no issues with an RNG loot system (its basically the foundation of any loot system in any RPG etc), but what I do take issue with is when the only way to obtain something is by playing to the game's schedule and not my own.  They could have set the vauban bp drop rates extremely low instead of tossing them into a system where you HAVE to constantly monitor twitter or w/e to see if the bp is available. 

I'm well aware that all the parts have dropped already, but they've only dropped once, and because the system revolves around the game's schedule, I'm sure many people missed out on at least one or more of the blueprints.  The only blueprint that has dropped more than once was the vauban systems, and when I checked through the alert drop info, it makes sense why.  The first vauban systems dropped at 3am PST, and if it remained the only systems blueprint to have dropped, I'm sure there would be fewer people defending this system through the poor argument of "oh all the blueprints have dropped already".  The rest of the blueprints dropped early in the am (PST, between 7-10am), with only one piece dropping during a semi reasonable prime time (1pm PST).

I'd rather people continue to be angry about the Vauban drop system because hopefully DE will discontinue this practice going forward.  On a side note, if anyone knows how many times the glaive blueprint has dropped (ALERTS ONLY, I'm aware they are a log in reward now), I would be curious to know so I can assess whether or not DE Steve using it as a defense for the alert only drop system is legitimate.