The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We've Had An Xcal Rework

Retrosaur

A augment mod could upgrade it someday. But DE cant sell more plat that way.

Instead they will just make a new weapon that costs the Lato+other weapon+other weapon+rare resource and maybe force a slot purchase.

Edited by Firetempest

Instead they will just make a new weapon that costs the Lato+other weapon+other weapon+rare resource and maybe force a slot purchase.

Make them awesome+ add sweet skin for those weapons= profit. Why do you think excal just happen get new skin at sametime when his rework came?

Which in turn will be weaker than the Lato and fire all over the place

They are literally the starter pistols. They aren't meant to be anything more than that. I think they're fine where they are now.

Yes, I also agree to the current 3 weapons are only usable model. /sarcasm

A buff would be good, this game needs more variety.

Yes, I also agree to the current 3 weapons are only usable model. /sarcasm

A buff would be good, this game needs more variety.

I mean, you're wrong but ok. There are plenty of weapons that are viable if modded properly. Lemee just go off and list a few:

Braton Prime, Burston Prime,  Soma (Prime), Prisma Grakata, Latron Prime (or Wraith), Quanta Vandel, Synapse, Amprex, Boltor Prime, Hek, Tonkor, Penta, Paris Prime, Dread, Vaykor Marelok, Rakta Ballistica, Dex Furis, Synoid Gammacor, Brakk, Hikou Prime, Telos Akboltos,  Dakra Prime, Prisma Skana, Dex Dakra, Dual Cleavers, Dual Ichor, Bo Prime, Dragon Nikana, Galatine, Scindo Prime, Tonbo, Orthos Prime, Kronen, and the Boltace.

Every single one of those weapons I just listed are weapons I use on a regular basis even on higher level content. Fairly certain that that's more than 3 weapons. All you need to do is expand your horizons, learn the strengths of each weapon, learn how to capitalize on them, and use them to the best of your ability.

Lato and Aklato are not weapons that belong on that list. No weapon that you obtain at the start of the game should be on that list. You are meant to grow stronger as you progress through the game, not have a weapon that can carry you through the entire star chart.

Lol what... Also those are noob guns they don't need reworks.

They are literally the starter pistols. They aren't meant to be anything more than that. I think they're fine where they are now.

DE: Oh, Excal's getting a rework because we believe none of the starter frames should be weak just because they're starters.

Community: WOOOO EXCAL 2.0!

Player: Since Excal got a rework and DE has this policy of not leaving the starter frames in the dust, why don't we have starter weapons that don't suck?

Community: lul they're for noobs they're supposed to suck.

Interesting situation we have here.

DE: Oh, Excal's getting a rework because we believe none of the starter frames should be weak just because they're starters.

Player: Since Excal got a rework and DE has this policy of not leaving the starter frames in the dust, why don't we have starter weapons that don't suck?

Warframes are entirely different from Weapons. Weapons are meant to be assorted into a "tier list" of sorts. Hence why the stronger weapons tend to be locked behind a mastery wall.

No warframe is supposed to be a lower "tier" than another. They are all meant to be equal.

Edited by spidey2092

Warframes are entirely different from Weapons. Weapons are meant to be assorted into a "tier list" of sorts. Hence why the stronger weapons tend to be locked behind a mastery wall.

No warframe is supposed to be a lower "tier" than another. They are all meant to be equal.

Ah, yes, I see now. That absolutely justifies the bottom tier being absolute trash that ends up being a complete waste of time/credits/resources, and the top tier being various gradations of absurd facemelting.

Carry on.

I would like it more if there were suitable upgrades for them. For example combine lato and lex for a new weapon. And if they want to make it a pretty decent one, some of the building requirements could be high. Ie, 2 oro cells 6 argon. I know personally, the braton FEELS AMAZING. Just the way it shoots, very rarely does something rival it other than the braton prime. Maybe Braton + something.

I have to disagree.  If all Warframes are created equal, why is Rhino locked behind MR 2, Chroma behind MR5 etc.?  As far as weapons go, some powerful weapons are not MR locked, the Orthos for example or even the Ceramic Dagger.  

The weapons are out of balance, there is not getting around that, but I don't think there are ones that are newb only gear.  

You literally buy the Lato/AkLato with credits. You're not really meant to take them into end-game content -- that's what crafting is for.

Haha, that's why Supra is the one with the highest Mastery rank requirement amirite? It's obviously the strongest weapon :^) And that's why the Boltor Prime needs  Mastery Rank 2, because, obviously, the strongest ones tend to be locked behind a mastery wall.

Edited by Retrosaur

Lol what... Also those are noob guns they don't need reworks.

Well we see were you stand....

The Braton (not MK-1) is considered an "early game" weapon and it doesn't suck, so why not?

If only 5 weapons are strong in this game it'd be horribly boring and unvaried gameplay.  Variety is a very good thing.

I agree that variety is what the game needs rather then just power but as you can see from the above post already some just want power and all other weapons go to shame, sadly this will always happen with games when people just scream "I want the best and nothing more". However I'm all up for a revamping for some weapons of the old, the Tenno get it so why not weapons too?

I'd like a new skin for the Lato. I use mine even on T4 with pretty good results, even though it takes a whole mag to down a heavy. I like its design and therefore it's better for me than any other sidearm. A Syndicate mod would be nice also.

Haha, that's why Supra is the one with the highest Mastery rank requirement amirite? It's obviously the strongest weapon :^) And that's why the Boltor Prime needs  Mastery Rank 0, because, obviously, the strongest ones tend to be locked behind a mastery wall.

They've said on stream several times it needs a rework and they're working on it. A weapon with that kind of mastery requirement deserves to be a good weapon. A weapon that's given to you at the start of the game like the Lato however, no.

And about the Boltor Prime, no one ever said there weren't some seriously strange decisions made by DE when it comes to assigning proper mastery levels to some weapons. Boltor Prime is clearly the biggest offender. That being said, bringing the Lato up to Magnus or Bolto levels of power won't fix anything. It'll just take those weapons that people would use in the "mid-tier" region of sidearms and make them less desirable by comparison to the Lato.

Haha, that's why Supra is the one with the highest Mastery rank requirement amirite? It's obviously the strongest weapon :^) And that's why the Boltor Prime needs  Mastery Rank 0, because, obviously, the strongest ones tend to be locked behind a mastery wall.

Haaa.... I audible sign at the way Warframe does this to MR weapons, makes no sense and has to be completely trashed and reworked from the bottom up.