Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Master Forma Solution

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Having to relevel weapon from zero is actually a reason why I avoid using forma. Leveling guns in warframe is so boring becasue almost all enemies are made with assumption that they gonna die in one shot (they have insane damage for horde mobs) thus I have to stick to low levels untill I can fit esential damage mods.

I would rather ask for a changes in mod system (like let us fit main damage mod in lvl 0 gun) and enemy scaling but even this would be at least something.

Nice cautious +1....as long as you have to rank it to 30 the first time from 0 and it doesn't eradicate the long promised and discussed system that was supposed to go hand in hand with mastery. (affinity? they were talking a lot about it and the Tenno clans before the raids came out)

Nice cautious +1....as long as you have to rank it to 30 the first time from 0 and it doesn't eradicate the long promised and discussed system that was supposed to go hand in hand with mastery. (affinity? they were talking a lot about it and the Tenno clans before the raids came out)

It makes sense for this to only apply after the application of a forma, that way players still have to level a weapon the first time around and get a feel for it.

I think that focusing on making the game more fun to play is a far more fruitful and sustainable pursuit than trying to smooth out meta-gaming concerns like this.  Warframe is essentially a game about replaying content, and DE's business model in part depends on this, for better or for worse.  The gold standard of Warframe is "it's grindy but I don't mind because I'm having so much fun doing it."  Varying available content and making the game more interesting would alleviate the OP's issues without such an obtuse change.  

Streamlining the meta-game is tantamount to giving up on Warframe's core.   Why try to make it easier to put up with a game's flaws, when you could instead work on making the game itself good?  

I think that focusing on making the game more fun to play is a far more fruitful and sustainable pursuit than trying to smooth out meta-gaming concerns like this.  Warframe is essentially a game about replaying content, and DE's business model in part depends on this, for better or for worse.  The gold standard of Warframe is "it's grindy but I don't mind because I'm having so much fun doing it."  Varying available content and making the game more interesting would alleviate the OP's issues without such an obtuse change.  

Streamlining the meta-game is tantamount to giving up on Warframe's core.   Why try to make it easier to put up with a game's flaws, when you could instead work on making the game itself good?  

Making this change would fix a lot of the headache high-end players have with high level content.

You are right about the game relying on people replaying the same content. Where you are worng is thinking that this would make them do that less.  Why do you think people slap 6 forma on a Boltor Prime then never use anything else?  Using a forma resets a weapon all the way to level 0 then you have to rank it back to 30 each time.

That takes a lot of time investment. As a result, people tend to stick to the same one or two weapons, typically the ones considered the best by the community, forsaking all others.

With this change people would actually have incentive to try out new weapons and, since there is less time required to forma is 6 times, they can get it up to end game specs faster to try it out they are more likely to do so. 

Sure it might be less play time than if they took the current weapons to +6, but how many people are actually taking the time to forma weapons 6 times under the current system? I know that I am not. I am taking most weapons and frames to 30 once then tossing them in the dumpster.

And let's not forget that it would give all those forma drops and actual reason to exist, plus players are more likely to want to keep items that have multiple forma in them versus none, meaning they are more likely to purchase more weapon slots, as opposed to just deleting a weapon to make more room for a new one.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Making this change would fix a lot of the headache high-end players have with high level content.

You are right about the game relying on people replaying the same content. Where you are worng is thinking that this would make them do that less.  Why do you think people slap 6 forma on a Boltor Prime then never use anything else?  Using a forma resets a weapon all the way to level 0 then you have to rank it back to 30 each time.

That takes a lot of time investment. As a result, people tend to stick to the same one or two weapons, typically the ones considered the best by the community, forsaking all others.

With this change people would actually have incentive to try out new weapons and, since there is less time required to forma is 6 times, they can get it up to end game specs faster to try it out they are more likely to do so. 

Sure it might be less play time than if they took the current weapons to +6, but how many people are actually taking the time to forma weapons 6 times under the current system? I know that I am not. I am taking most weapons and frames to 30 once then tossing them in the dumpster.

And let's not forget that it would give all those forma drops and actual reason to exist, plus players are more likely to want to keep items that have multiple forma in them versus none, meaning they are more likely to purchase more weapon slots, as opposed to just deleting a weapon to make more room for a new one.

As long as people only care about ignoring "streamlining" gameplay they will continue to consider everything that isn't THE BEST BUILD to be mastery fodder.  You put it well in that other thread, where you said "Valkyr does things but she's still useless to me."  Making forma less tedious to use (I don't find them tedious, for the record) is not going to make you start using Valkyr over your current frames of choice.  

I also think that the biggest reason people chuck weapons is because they feel a need to collect MR points but don't want to spend platinum on slots.  If DE gave out slots on the regular (same frequency as potatoes) people might put less priority on one item vs another.  

I admit it's hard for me to comprehend the "mastery fodder" mindset since I stopped throwing away items after a certain point (I also understand game mechanics well enough to project how well an item will perform once fully upgraded.)  I have every warframe, potatoed, and I keep every weapon I make, now.  I have only spent $5 on platinum; everything else was obtained through trading, so it's very possible to get many slots without spending a dime.

All that aside, I will ask again:  If you're stuck playing a game you don't like, would you rather look for stronger pain medication, or actually try to cure your issue little by little?  I feel like one of these options is clearly better for you, as well as better for the society around you.  Sending the message to DE that you've given up on their game being good is also telling them to give up on making their game good.  You are their customer base; they will tailor their game to your feedback which is, in this case, dangerously short-sighted and reactive to a bad standard that should be eradicated in the interest of having a fun game to play in the future.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

-snip-

I would use way more weapons than what I use now, if it didn't take so long to get them to a useable level. It's why most people stick to their tried and true, even passing up things that out perform them.

This suggestion hekps a lot in the long run, so I hope it's not what you are refering to as short-sighted.

I really like this idea, being currently MR13 this would indeed cut a bit of tie after a forma.

However as much as i like it and would love to see it implememted i have to preach devil's advocate. The players would love this for sure but if we get to DE's side and consider the problem, if players have more incentive to forma and take less time to relevel their weapons/frames the potency of the gear of most players will go up, introducing a rapid burst in players power levels.While obviously this would be good for players it would also mechanicaly reduce the difficulty most players will face.

This has to be weighted by the dev but i think the benefits outweight the drawbacks.

+1 for me

I really like this idea, being currently MR13 this would indeed cut a bit of tie after a forma.

However as much as i like it and would love to see it implememted i have to preach devil's advocate. The players would love this for sure but if we get to DE's side and consider the problem, if players have more incentive to forma and take less time to relevel their weapons/frames the potency of the gear of most players will go up, introducing a rapid burst in players power levels.While obviously this would be good for players it would also mechanicaly reduce the difficulty most players will face.

This has to be weighted by the dev but i think the benefits outweight the drawbacks.

+1 for me

I don't follow. I already have a main weapon and a secondary weapon with multiple forma. I stick to using them. When leveling a new secondary, I carry my top tier primary and vice versa. As such, I don't see how spending less time releveling weapons but having more incentive to level more weapons and raise your mastery rank in general would cause a significant power shift.

I don't follow. I already have a main weapon and a secondary weapon with multiple forma. I stick to using them. When leveling a new secondary, I carry my top tier primary and vice versa. As such, I don't see how spending less time releveling weapons but having more incentive to level more weapons and raise your mastery rank in general would cause a significant power shift.

If people can forma a weapon and have it start at say level 10 (for example) it means it will take less time to go back to 30 , correct? If so people will naturally be more inclined to forma and relevel. Meaning in the end we will see more people with more potent gear, so basically a power increase.

If people can forma a weapon and have it start at say level 10 (for example) it means it will take less time to go back to 30 , correct? If so people will naturally be more inclined to forma and relevel. Meaning in the end we will see more people with more potent gear, so basically a power increase.

By the time people are MR 10, they already have top tier gear. We won't see more potent gear. We will see more variety in gear, because their will be less reason to stick to the tried and true. I already have multiple forma on the Soma Prime, Amprex, Atomos, Marelok, etc. If this change were implemented then I would probably drop multiple forma on weapons I use just for fun as well, such as the Sybaris.  The Sybaris is actually weaker than the other weapons I mentioned, so there would not be an over-all power increase.

You're confusing variety with power increase. People woudl be more inclined to use different weapons because they could forma them. There is a weapon in each category that is essentially the strongest. Having more weapons forma'ed will not change this. For example, semi-auto pistol. Vaykor Marelok has the most damage. I have forma'ed 5-6 times a number of other pistols including the Seer. That did not change the fact that Vaykor Marelok does the most damage, but I rarely use it and opt for something I enjoy more when going on missions.

With automatic rifles, soma prime / boltor prime. But now I also have multi-forma braton, burston and prisma grakata. All this just adds options, not increase power.

I am sure this has been mentioned before but here goes.

Two of the main problems with Warframe are the amount of grinding required, and how Mastery Rank (MR) doesn't seem that important after rank 8.  I think there is a good solution to this.  Two birds with one stone and all that.

When you first get a weapon it should start at rank zero, and you should rank it up to 30 like normal.  However when you forma it, it should reset, not to zero, but to the same rank as your Mastery Rank.  Therefore, if you are MR-10, a newly formaed weapon will be rank 10. If you are MR-17 then a newly formaed weapon would reset to rank 17 instead of zero.

Thoughts? Please, +1 if you agree.  If you don't please post why.

when we are able to finally reach mastery 30 we will be able to forma weapons and frames without consiquence...i know that we would have to work through a considerable amount of stuff to do that but it just seems...incredible broken to allow that. oh i really like this "kubronite rocket launcher" let me just get it to 30 and then throw on 8 formas before my next mission.

when we are able to finally reach mastery 30 we will be able to forma weapons and frames without consiquence...i know that we would have to work through a considerable amount of stuff to do that but it just seems...incredible broken to allow that. oh i really like this "kubronite rocket launcher" let me just get it to 30 and then throw on 8 formas before my next mission.

In the thread we mentioned a cap at rank 25, that eliminates 2/3 of the grind per forma without letting you instantly forma things multiple times in a row.