Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clean Your Ears Kids

RoflsMazoy

Last week I suddenly lost hearing in my right ear. Then today it turns out that there was so much earwax in my right ear that it had hardened and was blocking up my ear so I couldn't hear. Now I have to put three drops of ear drops in each ear three times a day for the next three days, and after each of those times I have to have cotton balls in my ear to absorb the ear wax that drips out.

420 hail Satan and have a wonderful day.

Clean your ears, kids

Edited by RoflsMazoy

I though ears were designed to be self cleaning, making the wax wander out on its own. Sticking a Qtip in there too often can have the adverse effect of packing the wax and shoving it right back in.

Correct. You're more likely to push wax further into the canal with a cotton bud (possibly causing impaction in the process) and if pushed far enough, eardrum perforation.

I found out the hard way not to put things in my ears. Clean the pinna/outer ear flap instead and use drops for problem wax buildup.

//Just thought I'd add, not a doctor but I've been to the doctor's for ear infections a lot in my younger days and picked these things up.

Edited by Animatronic

Last week I suddenly lost hearing in my right ear. Then today it turns out that there was so much earwax in my right ear that it had hardened and was blocking up my ear so I couldn't hear. Now I have to put three drops of ear drops in each ear three times a day for the next three days, and after each of those times I have to have cotton balls in my ear to absorb the ear wax that drips out.

420 hail Satan and have a wonderful day.

Clean your ears, kids

Make a candle out of it.