Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Rage-Inducing Moment Ever?

JaysInc

So I'm on my Xbox360 scavenging for any "free" games that I can play to relieve me boredom when I stumble upon Defiance. I started to download the game and they patch which took about 4-6 hours to complete and started to play. Next day I load up Defiance to find out that I needed to patch it again (it was the same patch as before, nothing changed), so waiting for another 4-5 hours for it to finish. Now I can play? NO! Game guess back to patch screen and starts it again. To this point, I did what any normal 16 yr old would do in this sort of situation, screaming at my TV to the top of my lungs with the language a sailor wouldn't even say to his mother.

So that happened to be my moment, you can share yours if you like.

Edited by JaysInc

Bloodborne. 

I finally got into a PvP match.

It's a gank squad.

I decide to do hit and run attacks.

Everyone is using the Rifle Spear WITH THIS BUILD:

I DIE WITHIN 1 SHOT.

I get a message about him gloating.

I tell him "Fight me without your friends, and without the weapon."

He agrees.

I go in, and find him. All alone, with a Burial Blade.

I go in, bring him down to low health.

ABOUT TO WIN AND THEN HIS FRIENDS SHOW UP FROM BEHIND ME WITH THEIR RIFLE SPEARS.

I DIE. 

AND I GOT REALLY ANGRY.

Bloodborne. 

It's a gank squad.

I DIE WITHIN 1 SHOT.

He agrees.

ABOUT TO WIN AND THEN HIS FRIENDS SHOW UP FROM BEHIND ME WITH THEIR RIFLE SPEARS.

I DIE. 

AND I GOT REALLY ANGRY.

I would've smashed their consoles for doing that type of S#&$.

I know this sounds ridiculous but it was when i was fighting the g3 and i got brakk barrell and other part, and the member that uses the hek shotgun one shot killed me hitting me from the back (pause if need it). (since then they have appeared twice and have not dropped any brakk parts :(  )

Edited by mrrobotto67

Playing Final Fantasy 11... a game I was playing for about 10 years or so. 

Artifact 2, or "AF2" equipment, is class-specific gear that basically is godmode and looks incredible. After a few years, they released new 64 man raids that had AF2 Accessories. Capes belts earrings, that sort of thing, with the AF2 signature class-centric ability buffs and heavy stat gains for what they needed most.

There was the Paladin's Valor Cape. Something I burned for with the intensity of a thousand suns. It's like woah wait, huge max HP bonus? Huge DEF bonus? Bonus aggro generation on a cape? I wanted it. I needed it. So of course, when doing one of the runs where it drops, I have to cast a lot against another paladin for it. I roll a 52... he rolls a 998. Everyone passes, it drops to him, and my entire body just ignites with fiery rage.

We keep going, and by the time there's only 2 minutes left on the timer when we can stay in the raid, another Valor Cape drops. I roll a 985 on it, other people start to pass... but it's not dropping. I start screaming in caps lock in raid chat "WHO THE F*** HASN'T PASSED YET? WHY ISN'T IT DROPPING? THERE'S 30 SECONDS LEFT. PASS ON IT."

In the end, we all got kicked out. Ten minutes later, one of the White Mages comes back from being afk and is like "hey guys sorry if anyone died I went to smoke some weed" and then he says, "oh... apparently I got a valor cape. Why didn't anyone roll on it?" And it's liek I DID ROLL ON IT. YOU DIDN'T PASS. WHEN WE GET KICKED OUT... IT AUTO-LOTS TO A RANDOM PERSON.

His paladin was level one and he never leveled it up even after getting that cape. That was the only time in my 28 years of playing games that I threw a controller.

About two years later, two real life years later, another Valor Cape dropped and I finally got it. Then in that same month I got a Valor Surcoat and a Koenig's Cuirass from a dragon that appeared once per real life week. Good times! But the bad times came first... and the rage.

-3-

Not me personally, but a friend got disconnected from a survival after we got a Volt Prime Systems.

That and the... unhelpful response he got from support basically drove him to quit the game, and hes been around longer than i have.

We doin' T3 surv when there is just this guy and me. I'm hosting.

He has despair and he's taking every opportunity to shove it in my face 'cause I don't have it.

Then he starts trolling me, constantly teleporting me whenever I try to leave the room or go to the LS. Seriously pissed at this point.

But I'm waiting for the 40 min mark.

Volt prime chassis drops, and the guy rushes to extraction. He keeps typing 'Hurry up I really need this!'

I smiled. Oh no you don't.

And pulled the cable.

Of course I reconnected it and extracted afterwards.

The guy Pm-ed me after this and threatened all sorts of things like reporting me if I didn't 'hand over his  Chassis. Lol. 

Ignored.

He has despair and he's taking every opportunity to shove it in my face 'cause I don't have it.

Then he starts trolling me, constantly teleporting me whenever I try to leave the room or go to the LS. Seriously pissed at this point.

Volt prime chassis drops, and the guy rushes to extraction. He keeps typing 'Hurry up I really need this!'

And pulled the cable.

The guy Pm-ed me after this and threatened all sorts of things like reporting me if I didn't 'hand over his  Chassis. Lol. 

Ignored.

You sir, I do not want to mess with.

So I'm on my Xbox360 scavenging for any "free" games that I can play to relieve me boredom when I stumble upon Defiance. I started to download the game and they patch which took about 4-6 hours to complete and started to play. Next day I load up Defiance to find out that I needed to patch it again (it was the same patch as before, nothing changed), so waiting for another 4-5 hours for it to finish. Now I can play? NO! Game guess back to patch screen and starts it again. To this point, I did what any normal 16 yr old would do in this sort of situation, screaming at my TV to the top of my lungs with the language a sailor wouldn't even say to his mother.

So that happened to be my moment, you can share yours if you like.

I still play Defiance now and again but yeah those patch errors that force you to reinstall the game and have to re patch it have caused me to rage quit Defiance on more than one occasion, its why I play Defiance on the PC, those errors are a lot less likely, in fact I haven't had a single one (so far) since I got the game for PC.

one rage moment in Warframe that comes to mind as well was after 20+ 1 hour long T1S games over the course of a week trying to farm for volt Prime Systems and getting nothing but keys and a bunch of older Prime parts made me rage quit Warframe for a few weeks.

Edited by Nova73

Bloodborne. 

It's a gank squad.

I DIE WITHIN 1 SHOT.

He agrees.

I DIE. 

AND I GOT REALLY ANGRY.

that weapon seams really really broken. If i was playing bloodborn then this post of yours would have just convinced me to stop playing pvp.

And pulled the cable.

Ignored.

this is so deliciously evil... I LOVE IT!