The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Explain This!

Rabcor

The avatars are changing all the time on the forums.

Rhino Thrak avatar is now a picture of a man holding a baby for example, before that there was all kinds of funny stuff going on with the old avatars.

Is there a troll among you or is there a troll hacking your server?

Or are you just trolling us intentionally?

Edited by Rabcor

1yNUJJj.png

Here's one. That's the Dark Rhino Thrak avatar... I'll look around if i can find more, it'd be cool if i could see all the images somewhere. Earlier today the old Ash and Trin avatars were bugged aswell, but i flushed my cache to get rid of it.

If that hasn't happened to anyone else... I wonder if something's wrong with my chrome.

Edited by Rabcor

Frost Dark

3Q7Ea8K.png

Rebecca, if you could confirm for me whether or not anything has been done with the avatars on DE's side would be cool. If nothing has happened today related to the avatars for anybody else, and nothings been done to fix this/make this happen by DE today, the issue must be on my end and something terrible must have happened to my google chrome!

None of the images i've seen so far are any images i've seen before though. And i have not noticed an issue of this kind on any other website either. Although i will admit that something weird did happen to me yesterday on chrome so there is a chance that my chrome is somehow "sabotaged" because of that

Edited by Rabcor

If that hasn't happened to anyone else... I wonder if something's wrong with my chrome.

Looking at too many naughty pics online and your computer had a baby?

Translation: Virus?

Edited by LoQui

as a standard safety precaution i reinstalled my chrome, (thus among other things emptying the cache and whatnot.) so i'll assume that the issue was completely on my end.

Edit (a now hidden post stated): My chrome was most likely infected by a virus from a google search i did the other day from a link to the tunngle forums. It was the first link that the search gave me too. For once i wasn't doing anything naughty >.<

Edited by Rabcor

Yeah I've never seen that before and we definitely didn't do it. I feel bad for how hard I laughed at the images and trying to imagine them as forum avatars. I'll talk to our web guy if there's any possibly that this is something on our end, but I doubt it!

Wasn't an ad. was google.

Yeah I've never seen that before and we definitely didn't do it. I feel bad for how hard I laughed at the images and trying to imagine them as forum avatars. I'll talk to our web guy if there's any possibly that this is something on our end, but I doubt it!

hehe you aren't the only one who was laughing :) my first thought was "i want one!" too bad i can't show you the one that replaced trinity's old avatar, that one i really wanted but i flushed it out of my cache before posting :(

It was a picture of a girl and a computer that said "insert disk"

Edited by Rabcor

i would advice taking out the link before you get a warning post , you  are giving a semi-malicious link to the public eye on a forum thats clearly meant to be for improving the website&forum for DE's warframe , also some people here are minors well under the age of 16 and most might not know wtf a virus is or how to properly deal with one

also bitdefender with windows firewall aint a good mix IMO , i use MSE with malwarebytes along with Comodo Firewall once you take the time to config your comodo personal firewall its like heavan

He did clearly state that you probably shouldn't open the link...

He did clearly state that you probably shouldn't open the link...

that does not really matter i never opened the link , but he clearly put it for some odd reason maybe because he knew that people were going to click on it okey

EVEN THO HE TELLS US - not to click the link that does not stop half the people on the internet when they want to see something or are not as aware of the dangers it brings

that does not really matter i never opened the link , but he clearly put it for some odd reason maybe because he knew that people were going to click on it okey

EVEN THO HE TELLS US - not to click the link that does not stop half the people on the internet when they want to see something or are not as aware of the dangers it brings

If a person can't read then they probably should be supervised when browsing the Internet.

Same goes for whether or not they know what a virus is.

If a person can't read then they probably should be supervised when browsing the Internet.

Same goes for whether or not they know what a virus is.

i dont think your getting it one bit so il just stop while im ahead

This might be a problem with your browser's caching mechanism (with what it stores contents for quicker access!)...

Try to clear your browser chache (Here's a tutorial for nearly all browsers http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache ) and see if the problem persists!

Alternatively, I heard it can also be ISP (Internet Service Provider, the guy you pay for the internets) related! Most often seen on mobile connections, where they cache regularly accessed data on their side to save bandwidth...

Try to clear your cache first before we speculate!

Edited by Sherbniz