Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Fixing Vectis P Through Corrupted Mods

MasterMaus2

Since the discussion about the Vectis Prime has become significant in the past couple of days since its release, I had been thinking about a possible way to fix the main problem that people have without removing/changing the weapon itself, so as to give players more choice in their use of the Vectis Prime.

The simplest way I could think of: a corrupted mod that decreases magazine size. I was thinking something like a reversed "Tainted Mag", i.e. more reload speed with less magazine size. Assuming it would be a mod with 10 ranks, then it could have a modifier of +7% reload speed/-5% magazine size per rank, leading to a total of +77% reload speed/-55% magazine size.

This would allow for modification of the Vectis Prime to have only 1 shot per magazine, without the need to change the weapon's basic statistics, thereby possibly allowing for greater variety of builds. Additionally, since the basic framework for this mod exist (corrupted mods that change these two stats exist for every weapons category as far as I recall), it should be fairly easy to create.

Since the discussion about the Vectis Prime has become significant in the past couple of days since its release, I had been thinking about a possible way to fix the main problem that people have without removing/changing the weapon itself, so as to give players more choice in their use of the Vectis Prime.

The simplest way I could think of: a corrupted mod that decreases magazine size. I was thinking something like a reversed "Tainted Mag", i.e. more reload speed with less magazine size. Assuming it would be a mod with 10 ranks, then it could have a modifier of +7% reload speed/-5% magazine size per rank, leading to a total of +77% reload speed/-55% magazine size.

This would allow for modification of the Vectis Prime to have only 1 shot per magazine, without the need to change the weapon's basic statistics, thereby possibly allowing for greater variety of builds. Additionally, since the basic framework for this mod exist (corrupted mods that change these two stats exist for every weapons category as far as I recall), it should be fairly easy to create.

NO.

That's the wrong way to do it.

Weapons - and warframe powers for that matter - shouldn't ever require band-aid mods to be 'fixed'.

NO.

Weapons - and warframe powers for that matter - shouldn't ever require band-aid mods to be 'fixed'.

While I don't agree with the reasoning of creating a mod solely for the purpose of fixing a broken weapon, I do think this mod could have its uses on many different rifles.

NO.

This I totally agree with regarding the Vectis prime.

But I wouldn't mind a mod like what OP said, just make it 5 ranks not 10 ranks. Then make it +10% reload and -5% magazine per rank for a total of +60 reload speed and -30 mag size.

Do the math and a weapon with 2 rounds (eg the Tonkor :P ) will have 1.4 rounds which will get rounded down to 1.

NO.

This thinking is why the Soma Prime and Boltor Prime are among the cream of the crop - along with their sheer power they have no flaws.  It's why the Synoid Gammacor was THE weapon to have until DE destroyed its ammo efficiency and actually asked people to consider mods to improve said lack of ammo efficiency.

But... nah.  People would rather DE fix the broken aspects of weaponry only to proceed to ask why mods designed to fix these problems exist while complaining that the only mods worth slotting are those that offer pure damage, because, y'know... the guns have no flaws for mods to fix.

Edited by Littleman88

No, because its wasting a mod space to just fix a weapon. That will be no fix because we would have 1 mod place less, so less place for dmg mods. Just give us 1 bullet clip.

Lots of people used reload speed mods on the original Vectis. The proposed mod not only gives good reload speed but also gets rid of the extra bullet. The only possible problem with this mod is abuse it will have on single shot weapons (since it will give an insane boost to reload speed with no downsides since there is only one round).

I am not against OP' s mod idea. 

I think it's wrong to present it as a ' fix for Vectis Prime'  though, because it lends weight to the idea that it could stay as is. 

But corrupted mods which take away ammo capacity and/or magazine capacity in exchange of something else? Let them rain. 

NO.

Lots of weapons in this game already require these "band-aid" mods to be viable. Have you ever tried using a Soma in T4 without Point Strike or Vital Sense? The Devs want modding to be important, otherwise people would just slap on damage mods and call it a day; if all the weapons and powers came "fixed" then we would only need lazy Boltor Prime builds.

This thinking is why the Soma Prime and Boltor Prime are among the cream of the crop - along with their sheer power they have no flaws.  It's why the Synoid Gammacor was THE weapon to have until DE destroyed its ammo efficiency and actually asked people to consider mods to improve said lack of ammo efficiency.

But... nah.  People would rather DE fix the broken aspects of weaponry only to proceed to ask why mods designed to fix these problems exist while complaining that the only mods worth slotting are those that offer pure damage, because, y'know... the guns have no flaws for mods to fix.

The problem here is DE made the Vectis Prime arguably worse than its vanilla counterpart, and now we're being expected to fix it ourselves with band-aids. What's the point of an upgrade if we lose a mod slot trying to reduce the mag size?