The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Pre-Corpus Valkyr Be "healed" Valkyr?

Kasseopea

I still have the image in my minds eye of Valkyr ripping Zanuka to pieces on the floor beneath her.

"THIS DO NOT BELONG TO YOU!!!"

And then wrapping herself in the skin she peels off of it and then breaking down crying...

IF I DON'T SEE THIS IN FANART FORM SOON I AM GOING TO STAB SOMEONE!

We all realize that the new Valkyr skin is just that, a skin.

She will have current Valkyr's abilities because she is only wearing a new suit. She is still the same frame.

True.

Yet, it is the ONLY warframe where it matters. Valkyr is unique in that we all know she was different before. It is an integral part of who we play as when donning the suit.

So it is only natural to wonder if her powerkit would allso change, if the new skin is infact before-corpus.

Excal and Nyx skins are both eastereggs and tributes to Dark Sector, a very different matter alltogether.

True.

Yet, it is the ONLY warframe where it matters. Valkyr is unique in that we all know she was different before. It is an integral part of who we play as when donning the suit.

So it is only natural to wonder if her powerkit would allso change, if the new skin is infact before-corpus.

Excal and Nyx skins are both eastereggs and tributes to Dark Sector, a very different matter alltogether.

No, but that's my point.  They are exactly the same.  This will be a cosmetic.

If Pre-Corpus Valkyr were to be added in a playable form, then it would make sense for DE to just make that an entirely different frame.

No, but that's my point. They are exactly the same. This will be a cosmetic.

If Pre-Corpus Valkyr were to be added in a playable form, then it would make sense for DE to just make that an entirely different frame.

They could of course release the original Valkyr as a warframe as you say, basically a copy of Valkyr but with a new kit and animations.

It would be awesome if they did, but I doubt they will.

thats what the skin is, its what she looked like BEFORE she was worked on.

The thing is - it would have a bitter taste to it. Ofc, you could say its the "rescued" Valkyr, so basically one that was never caught by corpus or freed before the experiments began.

Just seems to be a bit strange to turn this feline warframe into schroedinger's cat, since she would exist in two forms at the same time this way, rather than being actually restored as a logical continuation of her story.

thats what the skin is, its what she looked like BEFORE she was worked on.

Aye, but is this skin supposed to represent a Valkyr that NEVER was worked on or one that reclaimed what was taken from her by the Zanuka Program?

The thing is - it would have a bitter taste to it. Ofc, you could say its the "rescued" Valkyr, so basically one that was never caught by corpus or freed before the experiments began.

Just seems to be a bit strange to turn this feline warframe into schroedinger's cat, since she would exist in two forms at the same time this way, rather than being actually restored as a logical continuation of her story.

its. just. a. SKIN!!! honestly what is with some of you?! its literally just a skin before she was worked on. people in the past BEGGED FOR IT!! stop looking into this so deep at times...

Aye, but is this skin supposed to represent a Valkyr that NEVER was worked on or one that reclaimed what was taken from her by the Zanuka Program?

yes it was said since day one of reveal that this is pre-corpus valk skin.

yes it was said since day one of reveal that this is pre-corpus valk skin.

But BOTH of those ARE Pre-Corpus, she as she appeared before Alad V cut her up. It's a nuance question that carries a lot of weight that I'm asking:

Is this "Untouched" Valkyr, never had Alad lay his hands on her; or is this "Reclaimed" Valkyr, rebuilt after Alad took her apart? 

But BOTH of those ARE Pre-Corpus, she as she appeared before Alad V cut her up. It's a nuance question that carries a lot of weight that I'm asking:

Is this "Untouched" Valkyr, never had Alad lay his hands on her; or is this "Reclaimed" Valkyr, rebuilt after Alad took her apart? 

untouched.

go look at the devstream, its said every time this is valks skin before being worked on...

Woah woah woah, if its untouched... This changes everything. I originally thought that it wasnt stated so this is really going to be interesting how DE going to play this out. If they just said its just a skin, im not sure I'd be happy with just that as ab explanation if it truely is untouched. The lore implications would be interesting to see....

Edited by 321agemo

Woah woah woah, if its untouched... This changes everything. I originally thought that it wasnt stated so this is really going to be interesting how DE going to play this out. If they just said its just a skin, im not sure I'd be happy with just that as ab explanation if it truely is untouched. The lore implications would be interesting to see....

well it  is "just a skin" nothing more. its a skin that has been asked for if DE decides to do other skins than infinity skins. besides nemesis and proto (which was stated last devstream they will be doing more) this is their first of hopefully many to follow.

well it  is "just a skin" nothing more. its a skin that has been asked for if DE decides to do other skins than infinity skins. besides nemesis and proto (which was stated last devstream they will be doing more) this is their first of hopefully many to follow.

Eh, to me this has a stronger lore implication due to the fact it IS a self-contained thing in the Warframe - rather than being a reference to another game (Dark Sector) - but ultimately either word of god (because this question WILL be asked the Devstreama after it's released) or the Prime will tell us for certain.

Eh, to me this has a stronger lore implication due to the fact it IS a self-contained thing in the Warframe - rather than being a reference to another game (Dark Sector) - but ultimately either word of god (because this question WILL be asked the Devstreama after it's released) or the Prime will tell us for certain.

No necessarily. If you take a good look at Valky's head, there's no way a human head could fit inside her helmet. Parts of the inside of the helmet would literally have to conform to the skull and sit right on top of the bone for a human head to fit in it.

Edited by Ceryk

No necessarily. If you take a good look at Valky's head, there's no way a human head could fit inside her helmet. Parts of the inside of the helmet would literally have to conform to the skull and sit right on top of the bone for a human head to fit in it.

That is beside the point. The helmets on warframes do not really take full consideration of the human body.

Nova? Nekros? Rhino?

Dont think we even know how big the frames are

Actually.... We do? excalibur was 2m tall i think? There was a picture showing some kind of infested pod and has excalibur next to show as a way to show scale with metric metres at the side. Might have been 2.5m, i can't quite remember