Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead Island 2 Dev Sacked And More Randy Pitchford News! [Gaming News]

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/deep-silver-drops-dead-island-2-developer/

So apparently Deep Silver (publishers of the Metro series, Saints Row and the Dead Island series) has sacked Yager studios (The guys behind Spec Ops: The Line) after what they had shown to Deep Silver wasn't to their liking. 

I'm quite curious to know what they had shown them...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alien-colonial-marines-cost-ceo-randy-pitchford-10/1100-6428890/

And ONCE AGAIN RANDY PITCHFORD IS UP.

He claims that he has lost $10 million dollars when he invested it all to Aliens: Colonial Marines.

But that's not all, here's a tweet thread with him saying that he thinks the changes were good:

2904849-tweet1.jpg

Changed for the better.

CHANGED FOR THE BETTER.

RANDY, YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE GAME SUFFERS FROM HORRIBLE A.I., BORING SET PIECES, LOUSY CHARACTERS AND OVERALL WAS JUST A MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT ALL AROUND.

Sure the multiplayer was fun, but what the demo showed us WAS THE BETTER GAME. THE FANS LOVED IT, AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SAY IT WAS ALL FOR THE BETTER?!

RANDY, YOU DO REALIZE THAT THE GAME SUFFERS FROM HORRIBLE A.I., BORING SET PIECES, LOUSY CHARACTERS AND OVERALL WAS JUST A MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT ALL AROUND.

A little confused, is this rage focused on Colonial Marines? (Thread title is Dead Island 2, not sure which game you are caps+bold about.)

A little confused, is this rage focused on Colonial Marines? (Thread title is Dead Island 2, not sure which game you are caps+bold about.)

Yes, Colonial marines. I actually liked Dead Island, even though the flaws were in there.

Changed for the better.

CHANGED FOR THE BETTER.

Sure the multiplayer was fun, but what the demo showed us WAS THE BETTER GAME. THE FANS LOVED IT, AND YOU HAVE THE GALL TO SAY IT WAS ALL FOR THE BETTER?!

What he's talking about is that at the point in development they were at when it was first shown off, all they really had was a flashy tech demo and the crude beginnings of a game. That is standard procedure for reveals. Flesh out one area and present what you hope the final will look like.

The reality is that it was a boring concept based on a boring, nearly dead franchise. At some point in development, they realised that and farmed it out. The released game is almost certainly better than what they had when they farmed it out, because that is what development is for.

What he's talking about is that at the point in development they were at when it was first shown off, all they really had was a flashy tech demo and the crude beginnings of a game. That is standard procedure for reveals. Flesh out one area and present what you hope the final will look like.

The reality is that it was a boring concept based on a boring, nearly dead franchise. At some point in development, they realised that and farmed it out. The released game is almost certainly better than what they had when they farmed it out, because that is what development is for.

No no no, it was not better than what they had. The tech demos showed good A.I., believable characters, and set pieces which looked more like an Alien game than ever before. They didn't even present what the final game was like, it was all fake to hype people up for the release. The game was in development hell for over 12 years, starting at 2001. 

Whether it was boring or not is your opinion. AvP (2010) was a fun game, which actually helped the series get back on its feet. It was not dying whatsoever.

And maybe you don't get what he's saying, but Randy is saying that the changes made were better for the game. This is flat out false. No one, and I mean no one who has a brain can agree with him with the changes made. 

Hell Gearbox didn't even work on the game, they outsourced it to Timegate due to mismanagement, not to realization that the game series was boring and dying.

"while TimeGate Studios was responsible for the majority of the game's campaign, and were unable to create the planned Beta version on schedule despite several delays. This caused the game to be rushed through redesigns, certification and shipping, despite being in a largely unfinished state.[39]"

Edited by TheErebus.