Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake+Volt Speed = Uber Broken

R3DBelmont456

When you're shooting at someone while backing up and all they can do is swing at the air, then you know they are spamming the hardest they can.

Multiply by 4 to represent a whole team and you have a mess. You ever tried jumping on a box and then you see them swinging at the box? It's all they know.

Some of them can get away with it but the vast majority get wrecked by guns.

You have to understand. I never played warframe on PS4 so i cannot judge, but I am assuming that its is much different than on PC. Due to the fact that you guys use controllers and we use keyboards. Over here on PC melee is broken as hell.

You have to understand. I never played warframe on PS4 so i cannot judge, but I am assuming that its is much different than on PC. Due to the fact that you guys use controllers and we use keyboards. Over here on PC melee is broken as hell.

its broken because you walk next to them with your vectis and they kill you?, that is all you have presented until now

Edited by rockscl

its broken because you walk next to them with your vectis and they kill you?, that is all you have presented until now

I think he only accept a gun kill is a kill, all other is nub spam only :P

thats why I said he shouldn't be play WF, he should try those pure for gun F/TPS game.

I think he only accept a gun kill is a kill, all other is nub spam only :P

thats why I said he shouldn't be play WF, he should try those pure for gun F/TPS game.

You are telling him to leave Warframe because he assumes guns are more "Skillful"?  Lmao. 

On Topic: Personally, I never came across a volt spamming kogake with speed but judging by the description, I assume its pretty effective. Is it that effective to get a nerf tho?  

You are telling him to leave Warframe because he assumes guns are more "Skillful"?  Lmao. 

On Topic: Personally, I never came across a volt spamming kogake with speed but judging by the description, I assume its pretty effective. Is it that effective to get a nerf tho?  

I would say it is... the kogake and even the furax in general have long warranted a Nerf... and a lot of my posts seem to be MIA due to this bothersome babysitting, so apologies for delayed responses...

Hold on...

even without MM, melee is pretty overpowered, and to answer your question, melee spam is the act of repeatedly hitting the melee key which is E by default, usually this is accompanied by copter chasing or just using a stance with high forward momentum, or martial magnetism...

So, everything that we do its Spamm, with a Semi Automatic weapon, or automatic, you spamm LMB, so why not call everything spamm, so i enter in a match, or come here to forums and say, "all of these LMB Spammer"...

No, melee overpowered? Really? You have problems with a Fang Prime? Or bo prime? I mean, lets nerf all melee weapons, to the current damage as how fang are, and i pretty sure, people its going to complaing about fang prime, and if they use channeling, may gad this is going to be fun...

With melee, getting kills by spamming E can never be skilled because even if you don't have martial magnetism, all you have to do is stand close to them, mash E and you don't really need to aim, just press E as quickly as possible and BOOM you'll kill them pretty quickly... anyone can do this strategy and anyone can honestly do really good in any game just using this strategy, sometimes good enough to carry an entire team...

Never be skilled... Why? O yeah, you answered there, but that how melee works, you have to stay close to the target, without MM you really have to aim, what MM do, its an autoaim, have you ever tried to play with melee weapons? I try, and it needs to aim, where your target is, melee have little hitbox, you have to do the same with guns, spamm LMB as quickly as possible, and your target its dead, close or long range... Ow men if 1 melee user at least can carry the entire match, i dont know who is wrong there...

With guns, due to the PC version not having aim assist unless you're using a controller (and even if you do, the likelyhood of you hitting someone that's coptering or using directional melee is extremely low unless you can lead with high sensitivity...), it is difficult and sometimes very tricky to land a shot, especially with precision or projectile weapons. Sure, you say Guns have the advantage from range... but NOT when someone can close the gap so quickly with the movement advantage melee offers... so the ONLY way for you to retaliate with a gun is to fire while moving and not ADS ing which in itself requires quite a bit of skill, not everyone is capable of accurate shots while moving quickly and hipfiring while not standing still, shooting a target moving just as quickly.

Okay here, i cant close a target who is moving, i cant aim, so all i need (because its how it works) its reach my target, stay close to them (if i can, because mobility in warframe its something difficult for melee players) and press E, try to kill him, and IF I CAN, do combo with melee, to kill he even more fast.

So, your problem its melee in general because (maybe, i dont want to be rude, just saying) you cant against melee players, there was alot of changes on melee, i dont care if they nerf it again, it is going to be one of the most wrong things ever did for DE for people who like different game styles.

But the problem in general comes for people who think, that the only thing that requires "skill" (because they like, because they want or whatever) its gunplay.

Edited by Grimlock-

Oh yes, the melee is broken on PS4 too. I was just saying how to weed out the spammers that are no good.

We walk next to them? we walk next to....... Omg.... 

We try get "away" from them. But thanks to the mod which takes away stamina after a melee hit, we are forced to crouch when we try to slide/ copter which gets us killed, thats why melee is annoying. At least for me. The mod removes the ability to escape. 

Hold on...

even without MM, melee is pretty overpowered, and to answer your question, melee spam is the act of repeatedly hitting the melee key which is E by default, usually this is accompanied by copter chasing or just using a stance with high forward momentum, or martial magnetism...

So, everything that we do its Spamm, with a Semi Automatic weapon, or automatic, you spamm LMB, so why not call everything spamm, so i enter in a match, or come here to forums and say, "all of these LMB Spammer"...

No, melee overpowered? Really? You have problems with a Fang Prime? Or bo prime? I mean, lets nerf all melee weapons, to the current damage as how fang are, and i pretty sure, people its going to complaing about fang prime, and if they use channeling, may gad this is going to be fun...

With melee, getting kills by spamming E can never be skilled because even if you don't have martial magnetism, all you have to do is stand close to them, mash E and you don't really need to aim, just press E as quickly as possible and BOOM you'll kill them pretty quickly... anyone can do this strategy and anyone can honestly do really good in any game just using this strategy, sometimes good enough to carry an entire team...

Never be skilled... Why? O yeah, you answered there, but that how melee works, you have to stay close to the target, without MM you really have to aim, what MM do, its an autoaim, have you ever tried to play with melee weapons? I try, and it needs to aim, where your target is, melee have little hitbox, you have to do the same with guns, spamm LMB as quickly as possible, and your target its dead, close or long range... Ow men if 1 melee user at least can carry the entire match, i dont know who is wrong there...

With guns, due to the PC version not having aim assist unless you're using a controller (and even if you do, the likelyhood of you hitting someone that's coptering or using directional melee is extremely low unless you can lead with high sensitivity...), it is difficult and sometimes very tricky to land a shot, especially with precision or projectile weapons. Sure, you say Guns have the advantage from range... but NOT when someone can close the gap so quickly with the movement advantage melee offers... so the ONLY way for you to retaliate with a gun is to fire while moving and not ADS ing which in itself requires quite a bit of skill, not everyone is capable of accurate shots while moving quickly and hipfiring while not standing still, shooting a target moving just as quickly.

Okay here, i cant close a target who is moving, i cant aim, so all i need (because its how it works) its reach my target, stay close to them (if i can, because mobility in warframe its something difficult for melee players) and press E, try to kill him, and IF I CAN, do combo with melee, to kill he even more fast.

So, your problem its melee in general because (maybe, i dont want to be rude, just saying) you cant against melee players, there was alot of changes on melee, i dont care if they nerf it again, it is going to be one of the most wrong things ever did for DE for people who like different game styles.

But the problem in general comes for people who think, that the only thing that requires "skill" (because they like, because they want or whatever) its gunplay.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but gun play has been something that required skillful use of keyboard and mouse since the first LAN party of 1993 (for those of you who know...). Melee in a shooter as an effective playstyle didn't really come into play until more modern shooters, and even today it's still considered a somewhat scrubby way to play due to it often doing too much damage or outright killing instantly, Melee weapons back in the day were so weak that it would be considered outright humiliating to be killed by it (and it actually took skill back then).

I know Melee used to be even more overpowered in Conclave 1.0 with it's ability to oneshot and giving it reach which was ludicrous, but in that sense it would be like giving everyone Swords in Halo as a secondary weapon, along with being able to instant kill lunge at someone from the other side of the map, what weapon then are people gonna gravitate toward? the most OP, and easiest to use weapon, which in this case is melee. If you try to get kills with a gun vs melee, you will immediately know it takes FAR less effort for a good player to get kills by melee spamming (especially in PC due to all the aim assistance melee has vs guns, MM for example and enabling melee lock on, it takes honesty not to use either...) than it would to actually shoot, because with a lot of guns now, the TTK is significantly lower unless you are using snipers or bows skillfully (headshooting or comboing), and with melee still being a heavy part of the movement in Conclave, it doesn't really take long for someone using melee only to close the gap on you and just begin wailing on you til you drop.

Melee in Conclave 2.0 (or at least certain melee weapons which should not be that powerful despite being fast), just needs to be properly balanced in Conclave to reflect the speed vs damage of the weapon. Fast weapons should not be able to kill you in 3 swings, and slow weapons SHOULD be able to kill you in 2-3 swings... and until mods like Explosive demise, Martial Magnetism and Relentless assault are properly balanced, melee will just be known as the "noob tube" of Conclave by the people who are actually good enough to win without resorting to such tactics...