Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses not dropping warframe materials enough

ASG1221

Alright, I've look around and seen this going both ways. On one hand, it makes the game longer, on the other, it's more of a dragging on than something fun.

I've been attempting to get the Ember warframe built since yesterday. I've been doing the boss mission non stop to get the materials and so far I've managed to get the chassis twice, 12 oro cells, I'm not sure how many of the nano things, and several times I havn't gonna anything.

With the group I was with last night we spent about 2 hours farming the mission. To the point where it took us only 4-5 minutes to finish it. I tried again for an hour today and managed to not pick up anything aside from oro cells and nano things. This is really just taking too long. Espicially with a boss that's capable of dropping materials for different warframes.

I didn't mind at first, til some of the people I played with said they had been there for a few days and still have yet to get 2/3 materials. One guy managed to get 37 oro cells over two days without picking up anything but the chasis...

It sucks to have bad luck. Just keep trying. I got the first two rhino parts on my first two attempts and then I didn't get the system until the end of my second week of playing after probably 50 or 60 venus runs and probably 10 neptune runs. RNG is a harsh mistress.

Think about this - if you are handed everything you want over the course of a few hours - a day or two - maybe three... what's the point of playing? Think about the golden model for free to play games -> League of Legends. It takes a week (if you play non-stop) to three weeks (casual players) in order to buy a 6300 IP champion. There are over 100 champions. Stop your QQ and get back to farming ;)

True, but in order to buy all the blue prints, get enough credits(?), get all the materials, all the materials for the materials, etc. it's going to take a while anyway. Perhaps make the material blue print drops a little more often but the resources required for them doubled or something.

True, but in order to buy all the blue prints, get enough credits(?), get all the materials, all the materials for the materials, etc. it's going to take a while anyway. Perhaps make the material blue print drops a little more often but the resources required for them doubled or something.

Why? That's still the same time to get the end result...

Not quite. The blue prints come from random drops, the resources you can pick up from lockers and such. Blue print drops are limited to one specific boss while resources can be picked up on different planets.

While it may or may not be quicker at least you can spend more time doing different missions than doing the same one over and over.

Not quite. The blue prints come from random drops, the resources you can pick up from lockers and such. Blue print drops are limited to one specific boss while resources can be picked up on different planets.

While it may or may not be quicker at least you can spend more time doing different missions than doing the same one over and over.

The rare resources drop from bosses only, though, right? Like Galium? so it would still be the same.

Edited by Zakalwe

The rare resources drop from bosses only, though, right? Like Galium? so it would still be the same.

No, rare materials can drop from enemies and crates. I got my Neurodes and Control Modules from crates and lockers.

No, rare materials can drop from enemies and crates. I got my Neurodes and Control Modules from crates and lockers.

Yet to see it myself. It must be rare enough that it doesnt' make much difference... I've had around 8 blueprints drop, not one rare mat from mobs or crates.

"....and here in this thread, we have people who want to make you feel guilty about not enjoying continuous grinding. Keep along people. Don't stare. They don't want you judging them for defending an annoying by-product of most MMOs."

"....and here in this thread, we have people who want to make you feel guilty about not enjoying continuous grinding. Keep along people. Don't stare. They don't want you judging them for defending an annoying by-product of most MMOs."

How else would they give the game to you to play for free?

Very easy to make statements like these, not very thoughtful though.

No problems getting materials except for rubedo.

Also 3 days farming for Rhino Systems. I'm starting to lose hope and think they are just saying BUY PLAT.

Maybe it's conspiracy... I bought a founders pack then farmed Titania around 10-15 times, found all ash aprts and 5 Galium...

How else would they give the game to you to play for free?

Very easy to make statements like these, not very thoughtful though.

So, what you're saying is, constant grinding for materials, money, and blueprints is fine if the developers are giving you a free game? If you're going to defend this game's shortcomings by giving the me the "Come on, man, it's free. Don't be such a downer." spiel, you'll need to do better.

>I know this game is free.

>I know this is a closed beta.

And both of those reasons allow me and other concerned players to give constructive criticism when needed. Now, when it comes to drop rates of items, they should improve on that. I'm not saying that materials should be handed to players on a silver platter, but to grind for several hours and be unsuccessful everytime is ludicrous. It doesn't make for a good game. It doesn't make for a good challenge. It's just frustrating. And, at the end of the day, it is what it is: shoddy, time-consuming grinding. It is an issue I hope the devs address before this game goes live.

And just because you feel entitled, it doesn't make you right.

This game is very fair to F2Pers, you're allowed access to every gameplay changing item by simply playing the game. It's so fair that I've hardly touched the 1k or so play I got with my founders, right now I'd feel stupid to not take advantage of the devs generosity.

I've read the same from plenty of F2Pers, too.

It sucks RNG is hating on you, but increasing drop rate would make me even less likely to spend my platinum, let alone buy more.

RNG is the only way to keep incentive to spend, if there were guaranteed results the likelihood of people spending would diminish drastically.

Look, you either get a free game and accept the downside

Or

You give a little back to the devs and get something in return

They have to make a living from this, remember that.

Edited by Zakalwe

There's a grind for every MMO, and Warframe isn't even one of the worse examples of it or drop rates imo, for what it is the drop rates could be worse since it's only "optional" and you could pay plat for it but they're already pretty generous with the drop rate and how looting blue prints work as others have said RNG can be cruel at times...

In relevance it took me 7 runs to get Ash within 2 hours, and then 30-50 runs to get Trinity over 6-8 hours, I only wanted Trinity but I was only helping a friend get Ash lateron isn't that funny? But no my friend didn't get ash cause he had died on 2/3 of thsoe pieces without revives and i tried my best to help him but dying ontop of napalm burn or right infront of a napalm trooper in a scenario were I did not have the resources to save him >.>

I've also acquired all the ember and rhino parts without caring and can make both of those whenever I want to now, and I've only been playing a week with almost 2 days worth of hours clocked.

When you make grinding a chore you'll get frustrated at it, just consider to take a break when it starts to become a chore and do something else if you're not enjoying yourself, you WILL get it eventually no need to force yourself to get it.

TL;DR Drop rates imo are actually fairly generous as it is, but RNG is a pain as it has been mentioned by others but if you're not having fun "grinding" (grinding isn't meant to be fun) then stop and take a break from it.

Maybe it's conspiracy... I bought a founders pack then farmed Titania around 10-15 times, found all ash aprts and 5 Galium...

In regards to your conspiracy theory, I bought founders after I hit rank 2, still took 30-50 runs for Trinity :P I will now assume you mentioned that as a Joke though but I missed it completely orz.

I love how no one believes in comprimising anymore. Alright, say they leave RNG alone but allow for an alternative to get the 3 other blue prints associated with it. I paid 25k credits for the Ember blue prints, then another 15k for the 3 material blue prints each. And how about on top of that, Double the resources needed to contruct those blue prints.

Same amount of time needed, more ways to do it. Playing the same mission for hours at a time is not fun.

The only thing gleaned from that was: Flippant accusatory remark, Biased statement #1, Biased statement #2, Obvious statement #1, Obvious statement #2.

How can you claim that this game is fair to free players when you've already bought your way into getting good items? And apparently, that little badge under your screen name has made you feel "entitled" enough to become a member of the dev P.R. department. I never stated I was right, but what I will say is that I'll not sit back and let fanboys dictate to me how I should evalute their beloved game that, in their/your eyes, can do no wrong. And, since you've failed to actually address - or apparently even read - what I wrote prior, allow me to put this in an outline so that you can see this better.

>This game is hardly fair to free players.

-It is one inconvenience after another trying to play levels and earn items.

-The process of "grind, hope for the best, grind more, rinse, repeat" is a poor aspect of any MMO, this one included but in this case, the rewards for said process are not always worth it.

>The "pay or get used to it" line certainly does not inspire me to grind more.

>Cut it with the "Oh kind and generous developer" schtick; it's pandering and you know it. To sit back and not see anything wrong with a closed beta is not doing this game any favors. I want it to succeed and I want it to do well, but it needs to do it in a better way.

>You're stating that a skewed drop rate makes you more likely to spend platinum, which is disturbing, because you're saying that an unfair mechanic in the game is okay since it seeks to benefit the developers' financially.

-In that statement alone, you're accepting that the devs are too ignorant or too stupid to come up with more clever ways of having customers pay into their free product.

-No one, NO ONE, should force a person into paying for something. Especially when they're marketing it as "Free to Play."

>Nexon and Perfect World Entertainment, creators of Vindictus and Blacklight:Retribution, respectively, are both free to play publishers/developers and are perfect examples of a decent cash shop business model.

-They are by NO MEANS perfect, Nexon has especially made some missteps.

-They both allow a wonderful experience witht heir games WITHOUT forcing players to use their cash shops.

-They, for a lack of better words, make serious bank. They both have been around for years and will continue to be around so long as they keep up an honest business model.

>At the end you are giving me a false choice; an "either this or that" with no leeway in between.

-I'm not going to accept an incomplete beta as-is. Period. If I see something that concerns me, I'll speak up about it. That goes for all aspects of life.

-I've no problem supporting good developers, but I'll not be forced into giving my support.

-You assume everyone is capable of buying their way into things, or buy cool items, much like yourself. Don't do that.

>Yeah, devs have to make a living from this, that's fine. Just don't nickel and dime me while doing so.

Edited by HKP89

You want to entice players to spend, not have them choose between being bored or paying. I've put less hours in today then I have yesterday and probably even less tomorrow. I just joined the Warface closed beta and will probably play that instead of repeating missions and hoping I finally pick something useful up.

I built my Ash from scratch. I have an Ember being built right now. I have 2/3 Trinity parts just by trying to get Neurodes. And yet I have only gotten a Rhino Chassis, and that was last week. I've probably done ~40 Venus/Neptune boss runs. I've gotten 6 Control Modules for cripes sake. And yet no Rhino parts. I haven't even seen a second Chassis. RNG, why do you taunt me so?

Anyway, the game is still in closed beta. In fact it's very early closed beta. And the devs have said they plan on adjusting platinum prices (edit- also they've shown they are willing to change the availability of certain things, such as weapons and the pro system) as the beta continues. Of course I'm not saying don't raise your concerns, I'm just reminding everyone that things are very subject to change.

Edited by ArcanumMBD

Well, I'm new here, so forgive me if I misunderstand something. Still, if you need to fight one specific mission to get the parts you need to build a warframe, I can see how that would get old in a hurry. Why not give you a few more mission options so that at least there is some variety in your farming?

And just because you feel entitled, it doesn't make you right.

How does complaining that grinding is boring make someone entitled? Grinding is boring. If they're going to make us grind for warframe parts then at the very least they could ensure that killing a boss always drops a rare resource if it doesn't drop a blueprint.