Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses not dropping warframe materials enough

ASG1221

Well, I'm new here, so forgive me if I misunderstand something. Still, if you need to fight one specific mission to get the parts you need to build a warframe, I can see how that would get old in a hurry. Why not give you a few more mission options so that at least there is some variety in your farming?

That's what I've said. Twice I think.

You didn't quote directly, but I assume you meant this for me.

Firstly, i would like to say I'm not against change. If anyone can suggest ideas to adjust things so F2Pers get it easier while the incentive to spend remains strong, then I'm sure no one - devs included - would be against that.

And I'm not saying certain drops rates don't need tweaking, but for the most part the game seems very friendly toward its F2P player base.

How can you claim that this game is fair to free players when you've already bought your way into getting good items?

Because I haven't actually bought any good items aside from a couple of reactors/catalysts. I'm still sitting on the bulk of my platinum because the game hands me the stuff far too easily/quickly for me to want to buy it.

I bought all my weapons with credits, or bought the blueprints and built them.

I am currently building three new warframes I farmed for (all ash parts, need one more part each for Rhino and Ember)

I have bought 1 orokin for my first excalibur, 1 for my Braton, and one for my sniptron... using plat

but I also

found and built 1 for my Gorgon, 1 for my Heatsword, and 1 for my Dual pistols.

>This game is hardly fair to free players

It seems to be very fair to me, so fair that I've hardly been tempted to use the 1k plat I was given for supporting the game.

-It is one inconvenience after another trying to play levels and earn items.

It's going to be slightly inconvenient, they can't just guarantee you the content for completing a certain misison or suddenly it's too easy and the store loses its allure. Unless you can suggest another way of doing it where the content comes with less frustration but still makes short-cuts spending plat seem worth it?

And, as I said, I'm playing as a F2Per and saving my platinum, and I haven't notied anything majorly inconvenient. Grind? I expected that from the type of game it is, and the actual combat is fun enough to cover it.

-The process of "grind, hope for the best, grind more, rinse, repeat" is a poor aspect of any MMO, this one included but in this case, the rewards for said process are not always worth it.

If you don't like grind, I think you're in the wrong game. This game's core is pretty much built around the idea, whether it's grinding for frames or grinding for mods, I don't really think there's any way to avoid that.

>Cut it with the "Oh kind and generous developer" schtick; it's pandering and you know it. To sit back and not see anything wrong with a closed beta is not doing this game any favors. I want it to succeed and I want it to do well, but it needs to do it in a better way.

There are plenty of things wrong with this game, it's very much a closed-beta... however, imo, the drop rate of F2P content is not one of them. Perhaps the drops could be spread around so you don't have to repeat the exact same levels for certain items, but the actual rates thenselves are fine.

I've been playing the game for fun and in that time I've unlocked found:

All parts for Ash

2 Rhino

2 Ember

Chronus blueprint found and built

Heatsword blueprint found and built

Bought Axe using credits and built

Found and built three orokins and sitting on a nother ready to press build

Seems reasonable to me so far.

And while I've read people complain they've had bad luck, many other F2Pers have commented that they think this game hands them a lot for nothing and are very happy with things.

You can view their posts all over the forum just as you can read the complaints.

>You're stating that a skewed drop rate makes you more likely to spend platinum, which is disturbing, because you're saying that an unfair mechanic in the game is okay since it seeks to benefit the developers' financially.

Unfair? It's not unfair: you didn't pay so you get the limited experience. The entire point of the cash store is that it unlocks things faster than you find them.

However, seeing as you can find a good amount of stuff without spending a penny, I don't see the problem.

-No one, NO ONE, should force a person into paying for something. Especially when they're marketing it as "Free to Play."

No one's forced to spend... I don't know why you keep writing this. You're saying it like it's an absolute, but it isn't.

-In that statement alone, you're accepting that the devs are too ignorant or too stupid to come up with more clever ways of having customers pay into their free product.

What other ways? Feel free to share them...

>Nexon and Perfect World Entertainment, creators of Vindictus and Blacklight:Retribution, respectively, are both free to play publishers/developers and are perfect examples of a decent cash shop business model.

What's so great about their cash shops? I played Blacklight very briefly, it seemed like a lot of grind to me. The rental system? Would something like that work here?

Or did they do something pretty revolutionary that I missed?

-You assume everyone is capable of buying their way into things, or buy cool items, much like yourself. Don't do that.

Well, I assume that many people who play F2P coulld probably spend a little money in the shop. Of course some won't be able to truly, but I find it hard to belive the majority of F2Pers couldn't even spend $10 to unlock a few slots or whatever.

I don't have much money to spend on my gaming hobby, so I select the games I purchase carefully. This time I chose to spend what I would have spent on a retail purchase on supporting Warframe because it's honeslty one of the best games I've played in a long time.

Oh, and I chose to spend the money to get the Frame, the platinum really didn't interest me much at all. Again, I haven't bought any cool items. I intend to save then spend all my platinum on the cosmetic upgrades that I'm sure they'll release at some point.

Edited by Zakalwe

I agree and disagree with so much in this and here is my opinion.

First off someone mentioned being able to get the same mats from more than just 1 or 2 bosses. I don't see how this is a lot to ask for and keep the grind interesting.

Secondly. Making a game F2P and saying F2P members must grind non stop for weeks to unlock things is simply not how to get people to spend money or play your game. What that gets you is bad reviews on Youtube and MMO articles and lets all your P2P people pass you buy to the other planets while F2P people spend a week on 1 mission to try to build the frame they want, then wait half a week for it to build, then start all over at lower level planets trying to catch back up.

I have spent $20 USD on this game so far and basically got ASH and a refill on my revives. That is a bit absurd. So here I am grinding for Ember and then I'll grind for MAG because the cost of platinum is too high at the moment. I would gladly increasy my frame slots and buy other frames if I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off. If you were to go to a brand new game on any platform you would spend roughly $60. If you pay to unlock even just the frames in this game you are well over that. Developers and companies make plenty of money off $60 a copy for games with depth, story line, and variety.

I am WELL AWARE THIS IS A BETA. But we are spending money in the beta and helping this game get off the ground. Prices should be reasonable or even dirt cheap considering we are helping out on a product not even finished.

I agree and disagree with so much in this and here is my opinion.

First off someone mentioned being able to get the same mats from more than just 1 or 2 bosses. I don't see how this is a lot to ask for and keep the grind interesting.

Secondly. Making a game F2P and saying F2P members must grind non stop for weeks to unlock things is simply not how to get people to spend money or play your game. What that gets you is bad reviews on Youtube and MMO articles and lets all your P2P people pass you buy to the other planets while F2P people spend a week on 1 mission to try to build the frame they want, then wait half a week for it to build, then start all over at lower level planets trying to catch back up.

I have spent $20 USD on this game so far and basically got ASH and a refill on my revives. That is a bit absurd. So here I am grinding for Ember and then I'll grind for MAG because the cost of platinum is too high at the moment. I would gladly increasy my frame slots and buy other frames if I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off. If you were to go to a brand new game on any platform you would spend roughly $60. If you pay to unlock even just the frames in this game you are well over that. Developers and companies make plenty of money off $60 a copy for games with depth, story line, and variety.

I am WELL AWARE THIS IS A BETA. But we are spending money in the beta and helping this game get off the ground. Prices should be reasonable or even dirt cheap considering we are helping out on a product not even finished.

That's not a problem with the grind as much as it is a problem with the store prices.

I farmed and built my Ash because the platinum price was too high (even though I had enough free plat to cover it), and it really didn't take very long. A few hours at most to get the parts (and I vaired my farm, mixing it up so I went to other areas to collectthe components so I wouldn't get bored) and a couple more for the components I was missing.

Really, I see it as a major problem in that it's too quick to get stuff based on the platinum cost in the store.Right now, unless you've been beaten with the unlucky RNG stick, I don't see why you'd even dream of spending $20 on a Warframe...

I'm definitely for evening out the drops so vital components don't all come from one spot, but how will we eliminate grind entirely while keeping the store enticing?

I'm not sure what you want them to do...

I think I had put 20 hours into the game, and got all the Ember and Rhino parts. As well as several artifacts and weapons.

Then I did my Founders afterwards. I don't think the drops are bad at all really. I got all my Ember parts in a day, and did Rhino the next day.

I bought Trinity with my Founders.

I don't think being a Founder gives you any distinct advantage at all. Other than some early access to equipment. It's a co-op game anyways, so you aren't making the game unfair for other players by having these things.

Haven't really spent any plat either, and I've still scored plenty of frame blueprints. About to complete Ember currently. Resources all have decent drop rates, provided you aim for a particular boss to acquire that one rare part in a blueprint (neurodes, neural sensor, control module, etc). Drop rates for blueprints also may have changed in one of the many patches, so maybe it's best not to rely so much on what previously dropped for others a number of days ago on a given boss.

Think about this - if you are handed everything you want over the course of a few hours - a day or two - maybe three... what's the point of playing? Think about the golden model for free to play games -> League of Legends. It takes a week (if you play non-stop) to three weeks (casual players) in order to buy a 6300 IP champion. There are over 100 champions. Stop your QQ and get back to farming ;)

the point is you enjoy the gameplay. hopefully that's why everyone keeps coming back.

I don't see how everyone is saying they are getting the pieces in such short times. I see threads of people doing 150+ runs on a boss and still not getting what they need. I just don't want to do the same mission even for 2 hours over and over just to get a part. Either need more bosses to get the things from or what does everyone think about this?

What if you were able to buy all of the parts for the blue prints with Credits, BUT, the rarity could decide what its worth. For instance a Neural Sensor could be like 1 Million Credits or even 2 Million. That way i can continue to just play the game and progress in the planets and save credits. That would still take a few days to get but at least I wouldnt be speed running the same mission over and over again. Also I am having a major problem with finding people to play with for the missions I need. Or the ones to get to them. I know this is a BETA but I don't want to have to over level a mission just to do it solo. So maybe a scaling of difficulty somehow so the game doesn't die if it gets low populated after release?

I don't see how everyone is saying they are getting the pieces in such short times. I see threads of people doing 150+ runs on a boss and still not getting what they need. I just don't want to do the same mission even for 2 hours over and over just to get a part. Either need more bosses to get the things from or what does everyone think about this?

What if you were able to buy all of the parts for the blue prints with Credits, BUT, the rarity could decide what its worth. For instance a Neural Sensor could be like 1 Million Credits or even 2 Million. That way i can continue to just play the game and progress in the planets and save credits. That would still take a few days to get but at least I wouldnt be speed running the same mission over and over again. Also I am having a major problem with finding people to play with for the missions I need. Or the ones to get to them. I know this is a BETA but I don't want to have to over level a mission just to do it solo. So maybe a scaling of difficulty somehow so the game doesn't die if it gets low populated after release?

People use forums like these to complain, not to tell others how easily they acquire parts. So yes, you will see many more threads started with the idea that the gear is that elusive.

However, if you go through those thread you'll notie replies from even more people telling you how easily they found the components.

It's the nature of RNG, some peopel will just be unlucky.

They could avoid RNG by using a token system. Doing boss runs, any boss runs, awards you with a token. Save the tokens and use them to buy components. Set the prices high enough that it'll take x days to acquire the gear. Store remains a valid shortcut, and people will still buy platinum.

Now, this is good and bad. Some people get lucky with the RNG faster than it'll take to save the tokens, so they'd find this sytsem a longer gind. Also, you can currently find blueprints just via playing, so, really, you don't need to grind if you're lucky enough.

The problem is grind is required to access this stuff, and any way that isn't RNG will have to take a long time or people simply won't use the store.

Either way, people will be unhappy.

-

Also, I would like to add, that many of us find the current difficulty to be too low, even on solo Pluto missions. So while I can appreciate others will have a harder time, we need to balance this game for everyone. Perhaps they should produce a hardmode for people looking for more challenge, and an easy mode for people who need less? The problem then is that hardmode would require better rewards, or everyone wuold just be mindlessly farming easy for maximum profit...

I also replied to your other post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5253-some-concerns/page__view__findpost__p__41964

Edited by Zakalwe

Its all about luck. I managed to get all the parts for both ember and mag in under 2 hours.

Also, with the token system, there should be a lot more warframe parts. Or they should be worth many tokes. If you can get everything in 15 minutes, it takes away the feeling of accomplishment of getting the frame.

Edited by nzzero

If you can get everything in 15 minutes, it takes away the feeling of accomplishment of getting the frame.

More importantly, it removes the store as a desirable option.

Devs need to eat. Game needs funds to develop further.

-

Could you guys please offer some feedback in this thread regarding this very issue? - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5869-feedback-on-rare-component-drops-and-singular-farm-spots/

Edited by Zakalwe

Think about this - if you are handed everything you want over the course of a few hours - a day or two - maybe three... what's the point of playing? Think about the golden model for free to play games -> League of Legends. It takes a week (if you play non-stop) to three weeks (casual players) in order to buy a 6300 IP champion. There are over 100 champions. Stop your QQ and get back to farming ;)

I just want to mention this isn't a fair comparison. In League of Legends you get IP every match without fail, so you WILL eventually get that champion you want as long as you keep playing. What worries me about this game is the RNG of drops. It is theoretically possible to NEVER be able to make another warframe without buying it from the store, and that can easily scare a lot of players off. I've only been playing for a few days and from what I've read I shouldn't expect to have my next warframe for quite some time still, but the possibility of never being able to complete one is frightening.

I think as we mentioned before the best way to solve ALL of this is cheaper platinum. If I felt I was getting more fore my money then the grind it takes for everything else is ok because I would just buy everything from the store. And for roughly $60 I would pay that to unlock all the frames and a few weapons but I am not paying well over $100.

• 1 month later...

the point is you enjoy the gameplay. hopefully that's why everyone keeps coming back.

The problem is that the gameplay isn't SUPER enjoyable, this game has a similar issue as LoL. It's the SAME maps over and over again, I've noticed MAYBE 4 different map bases. The whole game feels monotonous. If there were new (I mean NOT RECYCLED) worlds to explore, the grinding wouldn't be such an issue, but for me, I've more or less stopped playing this game because of the monotony of it all. If they could add new worlds(Since this game was OBVIOUSLY based on halo[see:infested=flood, Lotus=Cortana, graphics in general]) Like the ones Halo has, like beaches and what not, it would Certainly be more interesting. The enemies are repetetive too, but this can be expected with 3ps.

As far as the cash shop goes, prices for the orokins seem reasonable, but the fact that you can only get aesthetic things like helmet changes and color palettes with cash is just ridiculous. When I play a F2P game I expect to be able to enjoy all of the content without having to pay money.(Albeit, a longer process to enjoy said content) I am a cash user. but I refuse to spend cash on this game, because it is a requirement. I have a rebellious nature, as is apparent, so when im forced to do something, i shy from it. When and if they make it possible to obtain everything without dumping cash I'll be more inclined to dump said cash. Spending cash should only be a convenience thing for the lazier people, like me. But clearly cash users have an unfair advantage over free users, where free users make at least 70% of the game's population is an issue.

It's not apparent now, because there is no pvp, but if they add pvp, and leave the cash shop where it's at now, it will be a game breaking issue for everyone. See: Dragon Nest, Atlantica, SUN Online. Those other mmo's were destroyed by their cash shop. the only one still surviving WELL is Dragon Nest. SUN has shut down half its servers and done several merges. the game itself is expected to shut down this fall, and it was a brand new game in 2009. 4 years? I think games should have a longer life then that. Atlantica has lost most of it's users because the GMs/Devs REFUSE to address the economical issues their cash shop has made, that game is only 5 years old. it's expected to shut down next spring(2014)

Obviously every game company wants their game to last. I should mention, I've been in the beta for all three of those games. I watched them rise, reach their prime, and fall. I think this game(Warframe) has GREAT potential as the NEW Halo/CoD/CA as the premier online shooter. But(and I am aware of the BETA status) changes will definetly need to be made if they wish to reach the full potential this game can offer. as for a beta test? I'd say warframe has done well for itself. there's of course bugs, but nothing SUPER game breaking. (objective point of view) but the main thing that needs addressed, is the free content. We have, what... 8 colors? to select for our warframe. Customization is a big deal for me as it is for many others. without spending cash you can't do any more customization(visual) than basic colors! From the many missions I've played, so many people are forced to use similar color patterns. while not important to gameplay, it is important, so that users can feel more "attached" to their warframes etc. I am rank 2, and currently have an Ember warframe cooking in my Foundry. Yet, I am able to put the game down and do something else. there's no 'Hook' element to the game yet, and it needs to be added.

I've rambled far too much, and am checking out for the night. Ill be back to check this thread tomorrow, willing to bet I'll get lots of hatey replies. But I wanted to put my opinion out there.

P.S. I agree that things liek the orokin reactor and catalyst should be hard to obtain, but, Once a week in alerts for the BP alone? I think that's a bit excessive. If you intend to keep it this way, then PLEASE, Make the game maps more varied, all this dark musty cave stuff and random metal tunnel exploring is getting old REALLY fast. If the maps were more varied, i garun - dam - tee people would complain a LOT less, even if you left current drop rates and everything as it is.

PEACE!

-Ryuhouji

Edited by Ryuhouji

There's a grind for every MMO, and Warframe isn't even one of the worse examples of it or drop rates imo, for what it is the drop rates could be worse since it's only "optional" and you could pay plat for it but they're already pretty generous with the drop rate and how looting blue prints work as others have said RNG can be cruel at times...

In relevance it took me 7 runs to get Ash within 2 hours, and then 30-50 runs to get Trinity over 6-8 hours, I only wanted Trinity but I was only helping a friend get Ash lateron isn't that funny? But no my friend didn't get ash cause he had died on 2/3 of thsoe pieces without revives and i tried my best to help him but dying ontop of napalm burn or right infront of a napalm trooper in a scenario were I did not have the resources to save him >.>

I've also acquired all the ember and rhino parts without caring and can make both of those whenever I want to now, and I've only been playing a week with almost 2 days worth of hours clocked.

When you make grinding a chore you'll get frustrated at it, just consider to take a break when it starts to become a chore and do something else if you're not enjoying yourself, you WILL get it eventually no need to force yourself to get it.

TL;DR Drop rates imo are actually fairly generous as it is, but RNG is a pain as it has been mentioned by others but if you're not having fun "grinding" (grinding isn't meant to be fun) then stop and take a break from it.

In regards to your conspiracy theory, I bought founders after I hit rank 2, still took 30-50 runs for Trinity :P I will now assume you mentioned that as a Joke though but I missed it completely orz.

What the bloody hell do you mean grinding isn't supposed to be fun? It's a game, GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE FUN. If you don't understand this, then you need to play different games.Or you need to play none at all. When a game begins to feel like a job, it's not something I can play anymore.I work full time. I get my fill of work. Playing a game should not make me feel like I'm working, which it does when I have to grind for HOURS.

Edited by Ryuhouji