Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Snipetron?

Bauchelain

As of U8, the Snipetron and its BP are simply *gone* from the market. In its place is a the "new" sniper rifle Vulkar that has the EXACT same stats, EXCEPT for the damage, which is less than HALF of the Snipetron at 45. I did not see anywhere in the patch notes mentioning the removal of the snipetron, and I sincerely hope it's a bug. That being said...Why is the stats of the Vulkar so piss poor? The Latron beats it in every single department (clipsize. firerate, accuracy) except in damage...which is a measly 5 damage lower. I hope that is a bug in the Vulkar's stats as well, else no one will be use it.

Snipetron was retired from service.

Corpus production facility was attacked and we are no longer able to replicate these weapons.

(Dev reason: It was a Corpus weapon that fired bullets, Grineer fire bullets and Corpus fire Lasers.)

Best post by mod :')

Could you guys mention AHEAD of time if a weapon will be REMOVED from the game? If I had know I would have bought the BP for it before U8.

Also, can you address if the Vulkar's stats are suppose to be like that? As I mentioned the Latron is superior in every way to the Vulkar, the 5 damage is honestly negligible given how you can spam the Latron more than the Vulkar. Was the Vulkar intended to have all the short comings of the Snipetron without the one advantage, damage?

Corpus production facility was attacked and we are no longer able to replicate these weapons.

(Dev reason: It was a Corpus weapon that fired bullets, Grineer fire bullets and Corpus fire Lasers.)

What? There are weapons that can be made to fire different caliber bullets, how come in the future you cant adapt stuff like this?

Guess I am not the only one who thinks it would have been nice to get an announcement or something alike that this would happen.

An essence is of the game is to collect things and although I didn't find the snipetron especially exciting (but I was never able to actually test it) it would have been a nice thing to collect.

Which I could have done a few hours ago and now i can't. Purely by bad luck. And (it seems to me) without a good reason?

Better buy all the blueprints in stock, the next weapon might be gone tomorrow...

45 .. 45 .. hurm ..

Does this thing have a charge mode like the paris? That would be .. kind of snipery.

Or .. hurm, 45 damage, 4 round clip .. faster than viper reload speed?

Ok, people. after the hotfix the tooltip now shows Vulkar as 125 damage, making it superior to the Snipetron in damage, so the issue of a replacement has been cleared. Still, I would have liked to own it for collection purposes.

On a side note, this is my first real thread on forums, how can I show my Hunter founder badge?

Edited by Bauchelain

I dont know if you can answer this question since you are the GRINEEER but will DE implement a real corprus version of a sniper rifle in the future?

ok, now its a re-skinned snipertron? Coolies.

actually it does 25 more than snipetron but is not armor pierce. I think thats enough to give it its own flavor. Depending on the crit chance, it may or may not ever equal the snipe tron. 

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

Does this mean it's no longer obtainable, or will we have to do some research to be able to make them again?

Add me to the list of those who would have appreciated a heads up.  I did the account reset and Snipetron was definitely one of the guns I was looking to reacquire, but with no warning of its' removal I had no sense of urgency to snag the blueprint.

I think the Tenno who play would love a laser version of the MOA-Railgun for a CORPUS based Sniper Weapon.

Ehh, that is kind of unacceptable. There are many of us (myself included) who would have snagged it before it became retired.

It should either be removed from the game entirely or replaced with whatever weapon DE will release to be its replacement. To just retire a weapon without warning is very very very bad and unfair.

I didn't say anything at all about the Avatars for Credits being pulled as those are optional non-game impacting fluff.

This is just unacceptable. I realize this is a Beta period but this sort of stuff becomes habit if not challenged. I do not want to see this behavior carried over post-beta. If its the model and name that are lore breaking just give us a new Grineery model, rename the weapon, and swap out. Done. That frees up the "Snipertron" to become an energy weapon.

*snuggles Snipertron, and to think I almost sold you during the last round of inventory cleaning because "I could just buy you again later" *

DE should really announce if things are being removed...I mean, the change in weapon pricing, although annoying (damn you gorgon), still meant that the items were obtainable; the removal of such a major thing as a weapon, not to mention the only true sniper rifle pre U8, is really unacceptable.