The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Crafting Season!

[DE]Megan

Greetings All,

Wow these are some awesome entries! I hope my meager entry is good enough!

Well, after about 48 hours of work, here he is...my favorite buddy, who is always there to pick you up when you fall down screaming to be revived...RHINO PRIME. My Rhino is complete with his exclusive Rubedo Skin, Shoulder and Ankle armor paultrons, Rubedo Syndanna, Vanguard helmet and of course his brand new favorite weapon, Scindo Prime. My Rhino is made of clay, epoxy, felt, and real rocks. I had fun making him, and he now sits in a place of honor next to my monitor.

Rhino also asks DE if they could do something......give him a BUFF! Rhino is VERY jealous of both Chroma and good'ol Excalibur armor, especially with his new rework... and Rhino heard his buddy Frost is getting reworked....so he is begging!!! He is tired of his Iron Skin falling seconds after it goes up in the void, even after maxed power mods (Damage 2.0). And when a girl (Trinity) has to come and revive him....well now that is just embarrassing. So please DE Megan, pass this on to Steve or whoever needs to see it.....Rhino has some issues he wants cleared up...LOL

Anyways, here is my entry pics....hopefully you guys consider me/Rhino

DANMAN

frontback.jpg

leftright.jpg

closeups.jpg

Creation.jpg

Edited by DANMAN3712

Well I thought i would enter by doing the ONLY friggin painting like jeez people expand your skill trees. This took around 6 hours to paint granted i didn't know what i was doing and this was my...3rd time painting? Anyway like all paintings they tend to look a whole of a lot better in real life and when your not using an iPhone camera lol. Lastly i want to wish everyone who entered some good luck.

warframe_painting_by_sasaki_haise-d93dz8

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Fixed Link

Heya! As I taught my girlfriend, Magic Arcon (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/1484161-magic-arcon), to play this game, she really liked the awesome appearance of Warframe. Well, surely, that awesomeness overheats my PC everytime I launch the game...

So, as she is an amateur artist, like a week ago she found that beautiful box at my house, and decided to paint it for me. And then we found that wonderful contest... In no way could we miss it!

Alas, I rarely read the news, so she only had three days to do it. :(

So, here it is.

At the top of the box we see Mag...

vt3QehZ.jpg

...and on the front we see Captain Vor praising her beautiful waist.

A8OUBeF.jpg

There is a little story behind that plot, read it if you want. :3

My girlfriend couldn't pass the last part of the Vor's Prize quest and died so many times to him, watching the cutscene with Vor saying "What a waste..." hundreds of times and taking hundreds of attempts to kill him... I was watching her, occasionally giving her some advice, but in order to get it less boring, I started to parody it and play with the phrase, claiming that Captain Vor just praises Mag’s waist. Which resulted in “What a waist!” being our catchphrase now. As the box was primarily a present for me, it’s on the box. :)

On the left and right sides we see two Orokin Keys. One for Captain Vor to travel through the Void...

5EeeUcL.jpg

...and one for Mag to visit him in the Void, so our beloved Captain can praise her waist in there.

uax2kI2.jpg

And, finally, the same box with my girlfriend's and my aliases. :3

rz4GEXB.jpg

Please, if it wins something, give all the prizes to her. 

Socks for real Tenno!

I like knitting though not very good at it and decided to craft something useful

Here they are - with lotus emblem on each side

OYLeIWm.jpg

2HBgZhF.jpg

ztUSB9n.jpg

Materials:

the main thread is acrylic yarn so sock are very soft and confortable

yMgaWq4.jpg

Process:

Process for one of them

YVSy9GI.jpg

eDIe80X.jpg

REJhJKA.jpg

tP6yw8R.jpg

I2O8yle.jpg

5Lvjmsg.jpg

VEkk67F.jpg

IUR7b8I.jpg

8ZisCeJ.jpg

+1 Just cuz Привет из России, Шалунья Лайт, lol.

Hope this wins. 

Okay... I really hope I'm not too late, this thing took ages to make and I didn't think I'd finish it in time but... here's my Oberon Figurine, with custom colours, Oryx helmet, a Magistar and Iliac shoulder and leg armour:

eij9f7.jpg

Made purely out of polymer clay (on a wire and foil armature), without any finishing paint or varnish, which is something I take pride in, especially since mixing the colours is a pain in the butt :P

(Edit 1) I made a GIF! (the last frame is out of place though, sorry about that)

(Edit 2) I re-did the GIF, now it should be smoother.

output_e0hdPE.gif

♪♫♪ You spin me right round, baby, right round... ♪♫

Edited by Grander.Alderman

Hiya, last minute entry here.

It was awesome I found this contest - gives me reason to do something 'crafty'. So here it is. My Loki character statuette. It was supposed to be a paper mache but then I started playing with clay, and well... Here it is.

tGJmrfM.jpg

mHZ8YqO.jpg

Loki - Immortal Skin; Daikyu; Dex Dakra - I lost one of the swords :(

And here's the album for some WIP pictures and some more (i'd rather not flood my post with lots and lots of spoiler tags: http://imgur.com/a/jpxKA

I planned to make a whole Arsenal-like platform that turns and lights up just like in game but I lost several days from work :( and lack of components.

I wasn't really in it for the prize. This is just a really fun contests, is all. I hope you guys liked it :)

Edited by freymarch

Well, the FACT is the player who posted the first picture ALWAYS win the contest...no matter what how good or bad....they always got the most voted.....its just because people see them first i think.....if u go through page by page ....you gonna see lots of people posted their stuffs which is kinda better than the first picture, most of them have more complicate detail than just drawing a frost pic.

And I think a lot of people have noticed about this too, especially for the one that always attended for contests

.....well....this is just my opinion.......lol...

FACT of the FACT : the player who posted the first picture ALWAYS win the contest...no matter what how good or bad....they always got the most voted.

IF you wanna win....just be the first posted.

Incorrect! Upvoting in contest threads does not determine the winner in the slightest for that exact reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see what submissions players are liking the most. But even if your submission is first, last, or smack in the middle of 400 entries it still has a chance. Every submission is judged (trust me, we've spent hours on hours combing contest threads) and compiled into a folder that slowly get's narrowed down until we have the top winners.

In conclusion, each submission has an equal chance!

I made a thing! But... the paint chipped and I couldnt fix it no matter how hard I tried...

wf_crate_2_by_shadowclaw17-d93fs21.png

I'd posted this elsewhere in the Forums, but it didn't look as good at that time.

EDIT: Made out of pure ceramic; the top's based off of Dethcube a bit, but the sides are Ash's abilities.

Edited by Shad0wclaw17

I must say, this contest was a great way for me to Kila de Thaym, heck, I even stayed up past Tenno clock a few nights working on this project.

I present my handmade Lato:

JAQxWOg.jpg

bosJN8y.jpg

Da2CdqR.jpg

Made from a few different types of foam, hot glue, and lots of paints.

Meanwhile on Earth .. 

.. A lone tenno & her companion ;)

My submission

OA2pwLm.jpg

GSyywgI.jpg

With Flash ..

LVkupF8.jpg

Without Flash..

NvcckiL.jpg

Model close ups!

sGEkh1Q.jpg

Af2AL2o.jpg

I admit I got a little bit carried away since the scene is Almost within a 15 inch pizza box.

It began like this .. 

9jITR0f.jpg

Then spiralled out of control xD

The Making of

BCdQcBz.jpg

YY6X94P.jpg

9OABf8t.jpg

v29c42b.jpg

UFFWXjj.jpg

od62RIu.jpg

kBcUxNd.jpg

Materials>> It is mostly just made from recycling (I gave it new life!) then painted it all in acrylic XD. (pizza box, sugar container, yakult bottle, carrier bag, wool, pipe cleaners, clay, garden wire, organza fabric cut-offs, sand paper, foil, kitchen towel)

Enjoy!

Edited by Erya

Late entry but here it is!

Deathy, the Dethcube plushy! Made from small pieces of Felt. My first time actually crafting something like this so sorry :(

Handsewn and used some textile paint for some effects.
As for size it's about the size of 6 by 6 by 6 centimeters.

Oh the white felt I actually treated so that it glows in the dark :) So it is always watching you >.>
It knows what you did last gaming session. Tried to make a picture of it but while I can see the glow, my camera didn't really catch it. So yes organics notice it, mechanical beings sadly not ;)

Image1_zpsvlypo588.jpg
image2_zpsk374jiul.jpg
image3_zpsxk5bvjk6.jpg

Edited by Vyksos

OnluJ7W.jpg

Limbo Hat and Clan emblem... didnt get to finish  the limbo hat. there would have been LEDs in the holes which can be seen in picture. Other than that it was a great experience, it reminded me that i am noob with crafting. 

#GoodLuckAll

Limbo's hat in clay and acrylic paint

Hwtp2aq.jpg

oDdW8jU.jpg

Im not the best with clay, but I did my best. I tried to make the metal sections where his energy flows over look like it has some motion to it, didnt turn out so well.This is my first time making a non-organic shape with clay, so it was a bit tricky for me. Im much better with organic forms, hence the clay mushroom in the corner. Also my handwriting is terrible, I apologize....

Okay... I really hope I'm not too late, this thing took ages to make and I didn't think I'd finish it in time but... here's my Oberon Figurine, with custom colours, Oryx helmet, a Magistar and Iliac shoulder and leg armour:

eij9f7.jpg

Made purely out of polymer clay (on a wire and foil armature), without any finishing paint or varnish, which is something I take pride in, especially since mixing the colours is a pain in the butt :P

(Edit 1) I made a GIF! (the last frame is out of place though, sorry about that)

(Edit 2) I re-did the GIF, now it should be smoother.

output_e0hdPE.gif

♪♫♪ You spin me right round, baby, right round... ♪♫

Mate, this is so uber! ~<3 clearly a shoo-in (^.^)b

Edited by Erya

Here's my entry! Took me forever.. Lol!

SEm8vST.jpg

1H5NcuO.jpg

This is a crouching Ash in custom colors: black with red energy. He even has a Skana on his back! I made him with polymer clay, paint, and spray gloss.

Will be making a fanart post to include all the pics of me making him. :)

Edited by LokiBird