Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vertical Meleeing

Furesis

This is something that i think we really need. It would make meleeing much less frustrating when trying to kill a flying enemie or someone who's in stairs but u are higher than them. it's just frustrating to swing your sword over the enemy and knowing that if only i could aim the slashes i would hit. A lot of games has this and implementing this wouldn't be so hard i would imagine. Please make it so that i don't have to always jump and melee and just fly over the target over and over again. Vertical Melee You Can Do It!

im not talking about the range. ok so when u aim your weapon it follows where u aim it right? but this isn't the case with melee weapons so it can be hard to hit those air enemies or something on the ground like some of the infested. so when you're aiming down your swings should go downwards not straight like it is now etc. 

There are stances that have vertical swings like Rending Crane and Iron Phoenix...

So your solution for not being able to aim your melee, is to equip a specific stance, tying you into a specific group of melee weapons? and then hit the right combination of E in a melee? when you may be surrounded by a gazillion Enemies, all trying to pull your lungs out through your throat?

eeeeeeeeee-NO.

@OP yes, the creeper on the floor, or getting stuck against a low-flying drone, with little chance of swiping it out of the air, that keeps you just out of reach of the corrupted unit you are trying to impale/hack/slash/bash.

Very, very, very annoying.

+1

So your solution for not being able to aim your melee, is to equip a specific stance, tying you into a specific group of melee weapons? and then hit the right combination of E in a melee? when you may be surrounded by a gazillion Enemies, all trying to pull your lungs out through your throat?

eeeeeeeeee-NO.

@OP yes, the creeper on the floor, or getting stuck against a low-flying drone, with little chance of swiping it out of the air, that keeps you just out of reach of the corrupted unit you are trying to impale/hack/slash/bash.

Very, very, very annoying.

+1

I never said I was against aimed melee strikes I just said that there are indeed ways to make melee have vertical strikes.

the whole melee system is a joke. for example take galatine with temple royal stance lets see how good you kill infested enemies. the hit boxes are garbage and like the op said not being able to aim melee is just terrible. ive said this in game chat when i talk about melee. Melee needs a primary combo that happens when just hitting e in melee mode a secondary combo that happens when sprinting and hitting melee or channeled and hitting melee(take your pick) a ground melee combo and aerial melee combo none of which should be bound to some ridiculous combination of buttons.

ee pause ee = garbage

ee hold ee = garbage

ee up ee = garbage

ee rmb ee = garbage

Melee is not supposed to feel like it does many video games have proven third person melee can be done properly.

Edited by EinheriarJudith