Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wildstar F2P And Reboot Incoming!

SugarShow

Im playing Tera again just now(NA version) and a lot has changed(for the better), still waiting on blade and soul official EU to come out. Not heard of skyforge before though ;o

Skyforge just came out of Closed Beta recently, and it's now available as Open Beta, meaning it's open to the entire community. The game was developed by a Russian development team, and to my surprise, it's actually pretty good. It mixes sci-fi with fantasy, much like Wildstar, and the story is based off of the Roman/Greek gods. It's very reminescent of Final Fantasy, as well, in some aspects, with a whole lot of unique concepts.

Either way, there's too much for me to go on about. Just look it up, trust me. It's very interesting.

You'd think that people would have learned by now that you can't make a subscription based MMORPG and expect it to succeed anymore.

The old Republic is the most expensive and ambitious game that's ever been made and even it had to change. Even WoW is losing subs. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Skyforge just came out of Closed Beta recently, and it's now available as Open Beta, meaning it's open to the entire community. The game was developed by a Russian development team.

Yeah the same guys who made Allods, it was all fun until they added http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Patronage#Fifth_Level_of_Patronage , http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Runes cash shop only battle mounts, etc etc etc.

Doubt this game will have a different fate, its how they did with the one before, gather a solid community then slowly ruin the game with p2w mechanics to milk money from the players.

Edited by Miginimana

Yeah the same guys who made Allods, it was all fun until they added http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Patronage#Fifth_Level_of_Patronage , http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/Runes cash shop only battle mounts, etc etc etc.

Doubt this game will have a different fate, its how they did with the one before, gather a solid community then slowly ruin the game with p2w mechanics to milk money from the players.

Just because their previous release turned out pay-to-win, or so you say, doesn't mean it'll happen again. Especially since it was only one game, not a whole list of them.

I am so proud of me. The moment I played the beta, I was sure, so sure, that this game would be in some for of F2P model within a year. I was only two months off. Go me. Psyched to play it again though, even if just for a bit.

Skyforge just came out of Closed Beta recently, and it's now available as Open Beta, meaning it's open to the entire community. The game was developed by a Russian development team, and to my surprise, it's actually pretty good. It mixes sci-fi with fantasy, much like Wildstar, and the story is based off of the Roman/Greek gods. It's very reminescent of Final Fantasy, as well, in some aspects, with a whole lot of unique concepts.

Either way, there's too much for me to go on about. Just look it up, trust me. It's very interesting.

I just watched a lot of gameplay of it, it really doesn't look like something i'd enjoy to be honest.

It like destiny but mmo, not a fan of the artstyle and skill-wise it looks like dcuo, 8 skills on the bar at any time. Watched some boss fights too and it's pretty much like Destiny as well, HP sponges.

There isn't that much gear to equip....4 rings and 2 weapons sots is all you get, which equals to boring loot.

The whole thing just reminds me of Destiny that's taken parts from defiance and firefall and i really didn't enjoy those games :P. It just doesn't have that mmorpg feel to it for me, it's just a 3rd person action game.

This would be a good "mmo" for consoles as they don't have that many buttons to use and the whole game just feels like it's "jump in and play".

I might give it a shot myself eventually if i get bored, but for now Im going to stick with Tera.

Edited by kiteohatto

I just watched a lot of gameplay of it, it really doesn't look like something i'd enjoy to be honest.

It like destiny but mmo, not a fan of the artstyle and skill-wise it looks like dcuo, 8 skills on the bar at any time. Watched some boss fights too and it's pretty much like Destiny as well, HP sponges.

There isn't that much gear to equip....4 rings and 2 weapons sots is all you get, which equals to boring loot.

The whole thing just reminds me of Destiny that's taken parts from defiance and firefall and i really didn't enjoy those games :P. It just doesn't have that mmorpg feel to it for me, it's just a 3rd person action game.

This would be a good "mmo" for consoles as they don't have that many buttons to use and the whole game just feels like it's "jump in and play".

I might give it a shot myself eventually if i get bored, but for now Im going to stick with Tera.

Destiny is also a MMO and instace-based, much like SkyForge. You can either run instances or travel to open areas. The art-style is beautiful too, as it mixes fantasy with modernism, based off of the Roman era. As far as bosses go, it's pretty much like any other game. No developer goes through the trouble of making interesting boss fights, without making them sluggish to give you the illusion of time.

While there isn't a whole lot of loot, I feel like it's a good thing. In my honest opinion, I hate loot. It's a waste of time. SkyForge keeps it simple by adding as little loot as possible, but on the other hand, there's a whole lot you can do to improve your stats. Your class skill-tree is one of them. Upgrading your gear slots is another. And you even have a much bigger tree that connects all classes together with bonuses all around. You can also unlock God form through that specific tree, which makes you even more powerful, along with other locked classes.

You can't really compare this game to other shooting games. This game has more connections with other games, such as Final Fantasy, as I mentioned previously, rather than those. Not to mention that it has other unique concepts alltogether. This is definitely a game meant for PC, not consoles, and that's how I like it. It's as much as a MMORPG as any other game. Just because it doesn't have "many buttons" doesn't mean it should be a console game. Keeping things simple but interesting is one path to success, as I see it. There are a lot of MMORPGs that have extensive skill bars with skills too similar or rather useless. There's really no point in making it stupidly uninteresting.

This game is perfect because it strays away from the oversaturated MMORPG market. Most developers are afraid to experiment on new things, and that's why the market is overflowing with copies after copies of the same game, with a few different concepts here and there.

• 2 months later...

The game interested me when announced but not tried because wasn't free to play game. I haven't problems with pay to play games but the time which could spend on that game is ridicoulusly small. The devs have some sense when need to change but hopefully with this changes their game would be more interesting and more peoples willing to play or spend some bucks on that game.

The half of free to play titles will die withing 4-5 years depend on popularity and subgenre. A planetside or a world of tanks will live long because their models are works well. The last stand games like Wow and EVE just trying to keep their loyal playerbase interested. These games will turn into free to play less than 5 years because they cannot run long times when others have freebie alternatives.

The quality also dropping by the time and the server maintaince isn't cheap business so they need somehow generate enough money to keep their games alive if they turn into free to play but that's a possible way to get more players.