The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Useless First Skill

Enchillado

It just needs to be a 1-handed ability and suddenly it's awesome

Still too slow and sluggishly visualised, so you'd better imagine things which were suggested here. Briefly: two Regulators (her innate pistols) instead of opticor's ray and body glow and two shots instead of one with/or ricochet/punch through.

Wouldn't mind if firing Ballistic Battery fired a unique shot, taking stats from the weapon it fired from, and bounced from enemy to enemy. First target recieves massive damage, next target takes lower damage, and lower, and etc.

I like the idea of it taking stats from the weapon you're currently using.

I find it massively useful for fast takedowns - I seem to remember destroying Corrupted Vor with about 10 "rounds" of the Synapse, using BB.

That being said it is rather clunky to use, and it really could use some punch-through. The energy trail and rather large audio report implies it should.

I would much rather appreciate a lefthanded instant shot with the regulator pistol than a slow and ugly charging up glow effect which simply buffs the current weapons next shot.. since the extra damage is a fixed value it should not be that difficult to switch it out. more style, better controlls, simplified skill. but the sound is still nice. could be the same for peacemaker.

ugly charging up glow effect

Yeah, that is the half of the issue. I understand that many people not taking visuals into account, but even with relevant skill buff it'll still feel weird. Using the free opportunity of increasing gunslinger's style is simply estimable.

Btw, even though you're saying that it should be an instant shot, this skill might be better if only this charge could be used to take down more that one unit. I'm not saying that instant shot is a bad idea, but if people like charging stuff and understand that there will be an AoE damage charge by Equinox (new warframe) - we could use a compromise. There is no point of leaving this skill single targeted and slow, a-and awkward. I'd count instant damage as a good option.

Edited by Enchillado

Just use that with Amprex .... or Soma when Arcane Avenger is active ..... you will actualy kill anything in front of you (with Amprex)  or use the Soma like a Vectis.

^ Good advice of avoiding bad skill design, glad someone mentioned it. Actually, I'm using Amprex with it, and I can't use this skill with something else frequently and seriously. Maybe for funsies, it just doesn't feel like a reliable and useful skill for me. There is no other skill in the game that punishes you so badly for not using specific weapon.

Edited by Enchillado

Ballistic Battery less benefits continuos fire weapons...so what if the skill will buff dmg for a clip of your currently holstered weapon.

Like imagine stored damage is 1000 and if you using amprex, the dmg for each ammo you consume is (1000/100)=10 dmg buff...if you use Ogris, the dmg for each ammo you consume is (1000/5)=200 dmg buff.

This way, continuos weapon and semi auto weapons both will benefit...but still some weapon will become OP.