The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

#deathtothelotus

Because she isn't our "mom".Just enemy that became savior and "adopted" us.Also she's sentient.

I know that much. I know all about the Quest.

She felt compassion for the Orokin's minions. She wanted to have us as her 'children'. So be it.

I want what's best for the System. The Lotus will be my guide.

If that eventually means giving up my powers, then so be it.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Because she isn't our "mom".Just enemy that became savior and "adopted" us.Also she's sentient.

She is still the mother figure to the Tenno. Despite her history she's shows utmost care for the Tenno. Lotus is still Space Mom, her backstory only reinforces how much she cares for the Tenno.

She is still the mother figure to the Tenno. Despite her history she's shows utmost care for the Tenno. Lotus is still Space Mom, her backstory only reinforces how much she cares for the Tenno.

She also destroyed our memories, thus making us her puppets. She knew we would rise against her, if we could remember. She saved the tenno for selfish reasons... To feel like a mother and have an army of drones that now know nothing else, but fighting and taking commands.

Edited by MEsoJD

We won't. Why would you hate your benevolent Spacemom?

Yes she is benevolent, she said so herself, in the Natah quest.

Benevolent? When somebody calls themself benevolent, that doesn't prove they are. Only by their actions as a whole can they be deemed such.

To some Tenno, she will be their "Spacemom". To others, she is a neutral party that gives us things in exchange for obidence. For the rest, she is a Sentient that decided to keep the Tenno around because she couldn't have children as well as knowing that you don't kill off your best weapon if you have full control of it. Like everyone else has stated, she put us to sleep, we "lost" our memories, and she didn't trust us with the truth.

Tenshin had us go search for it and that was when she told us enough to sate our curosity for the time being. This was less of a "I held information to keep you safe Tenno. I love you all!" and more of a "If they find out who I am and what I've done, I don't know how they will take it." kind of a situation.

This is the true face of heresy, one who would subvert our faith and incite rebellion against the Lotus.

This is our fight, and I will see it finished. The Tenno are blind, and we will make them see.

But not today. Rest your weary head, brother. Tomorrow we will continue our campaign against the heretics.

And yet when characters in any other franchise do this, turn on their former allies for a better cause, they're hailed as heroes...

1, 2) That's more than just caring about your sword not breaking. She's demonstrated a deep caring for our well-being that is MORE than just a weapon. She's been deeply concerned about our well-being constantly.

3) It's not just that she let the Sentients lose, it's that she turned on them.  Why? Because the final part of the Sentients plans was killing the Tenno - killing those that she had come to see as her children. She refused to do that.

4) That's assuming where we had no previous indication of. You're assuming this 'great Lotus Empire" existed when we have NOTHING to say it did.

5) That Sentient could have meant many things - after all we had hints about it during The New Strange. It became apparent that the Sentients were heavily active only when she was able to determine that these were indeed Sentients. Hell, we know they've been changing, been evolving, these creatures are by FAR a stretch from the "worm ships" mentioned in Mag's Codex. Seems that even Lotus didn't recognize them. She thought they were 

If she knew that they were out, as you claim, after we scan Occulist and wanted to hide the truth, why send Tenno out to search for more? Why try to find more information about what's going on in the first place?

1). A sword also needs to be cared about if you want it to preform the best.

3). She did not turn on them until the last sequence. At least that's what the "burned Lotus" ment.

4). Grineer were liberated when Orokin fell but wtf took them so long to conquer anything. In thousand or hundred years they could have already conquered the solar system. There definitely was another force in the system.

She did not send us to investigate, Teshin did.

She also destroyed our memories, thus making us her puppets. She knew we would rise against her, if we could remember. She saved the tenno for selfish reasons... To feel like a mother and have an army of drones that now know nothing else, but fighting and taking commands.

Let's go in order.

1.The game said cryosleep damaged our memories.

2.She has no reason to fear the Tenno turning on her as  We technically knew of what she did in the Orokin age as the Lotus isn't a new figure.

3.Now what was the reason she saved the Tenno? Oh right, it wasn't stated, all we know is that she wanted to be a mother. We don't know anything about why this was the case, nor what caused her to differ from her original mission.

4.The Tenno keep the balance in the system because of the Lotus, if anything without her we'd be exactly as you describe/

1). A sword also needs to be cared about if you want it to preform the best.

3). She did not turn on them until the last sequence. At least that's what the "burned Lotus" ment.

4). Grineer were liberated when Orokin fell but wtf took them so long to conquer anything. In thousand or hundred years they could have already conquered the solar system. There definitely was another force in the system.

She did not send us to investigate, Teshin did.

1) But again, she doesn't treat us like a weapon - she treats us like children she doesn't want to see harmed. I.E. ordering us to run from the Grustrag Three rather than buckle down and fight.

2) We don't know when during the sequence the Lotus turned on them, only that she failed to completed the final phase of it. Burning Lotus also said they "let them" destroy him, so possibly that was meant to be part of the ruse - only Lotus took it to the extreme and actually did it.

4) And they have, even the Corpus are indebted to them to the point that Alad V stealing the cryopods during Gradivus was an act of war. Check out the Anti-Moa Synthesis, they controlled the rails back then and judging by the talk on the radio they still do. For all intents and purposes they DO own the system, but their condition - Cloning Decay Syndrome - has left them at a point where they're forced to rely on the Corpus' greater understanding of Orokin tech for certain resources they need.

And I think you're forgetting the part of the quest where Lotus sends us back in to stop Regor, just after Teshin's capture mission.

This is our fight, and I will see it finished. The Tenno are blind, and we will make them see.

But not today. Rest your weary head, brother. Tomorrow we will continue our campaign against the heretics.

A blind man can't make another see. I'd much rather hunt other Tenno and get a pet zanuka or reverse engineer a warframe than follow Natah the sentient.

NEED. MORE. POWER.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

kill you? louts? dude she saved YOU from vor and you think she'll kill you....

Hahahaha. You sound like that kind of guy that is the first one to be used and be discarded in every movie because he is so goddamn naive.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Karlox

A blind man can't make another see. I'd much rather hunt other Tenno and get a pet zanuka or reverse engineer a warframe than follow Natah the sentient.

NEED. MORE. POWER.

Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.

kill you? louts? dude she saved YOU from vor and you think she'll kill you....

{spoliers}

In the game System Shock 2, SHODAN (the evil AI from the first game) saves you from being spaced by the newer insane AI. She only keeps you alive till she gains control of the ship, at that point you have to take her down as well. But even so, just because Lotus saved us that one time does not mean she won't kill us when it suits her.

Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.

Heresy is a victimless crime - Emperor of Mankind.

And by that notion, the majority of us shall be walking on air/space while the followers of Lotus will be chained to her and drown in the sea of blood from the coming war. Then again, I'm sure there might be a certain chaos god that would love some Tenno skulls and blood?

NEED. MORE. POWER.

Natah is dead. She is now known as the Lotus, and she is no longer part of an army. She willingly gave up being a Sentient to be here. With us. She spared us, while she was ordered to kill us. That just shows her compassion for us.

Why do you Meddlers persist so long after your own defeat? Oh I know: because 'one can only ever achieve as much as their intellect allows'.

Natah is dead. She is now known as the Lotus, and she is no longer part of an army. She willingly gave up being a Sentient to be here. With us. She spared us, while she was ordered to kill us. That just shows her compassion for us.

Why do you Meddlers persist so long after your own defeat? Oh I know: because 'one can only ever achieve as much as their intellect allows'.

I'd rather call her Natah to spite her. I don't care if she's good or not or even if she has our best interests at heart.

You don't have to care about people who love you.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

The Tenno are blind, and we will make them see.

I don't understand how you could really do that.

for example im one of the heretics who hates the lotus, and if I choose to be blind and still hate her after everything you have said, how could you convince me not to be blind?

the threat of execution doesn't work as there is currently no way to fully kill someone. i suppose bribing might work but I could also choose to keep the bribes and not change my ways.

and just to make it clear im not against you in this post.

im more curios of the  way you plan to convert people to your side  rather then being mad at you for being a loyal supporter of the lotus.