Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Couple Of Suggestions For The Nikana/dragon Nikana

Incunabulum

And the Nikana Prime, should it pop up.

1.  Alternate animation for wielding it (ie, not wielding a prim/sec while using quick melee) - sheathe in one hand and sword in other. 

2a.  Allow the cosmetic sheathes to be used with either.

2b.  Failing that, allow us to color the 'energy' of the sheathe.

The Nikana sheathes can be customized, through the attachments menu. This also works for the cosmetic alternative sheathes.

Also, unusually among melee weapons, different Stances will change the quick melee animations for Nikana weapons.

Edited by Kthal

Alternate animation for wielding it (ie, not wielding a prim/sec while using quick melee) - sheathe in one hand and sword in other. 

It's part of the style of the weapon that it remains sheathed until it is needed, and isn't sheathed again until it draws blood.

That being said, a stance that uses both the sheath and blade in combat would be very welcome.

It's part of the style of the weapon that it remains sheathed until it is needed, and isn't sheathed again until it draws blood.

That being said, a stance that uses both the sheath and blade in combat would be very welcome.

Fine, then hold the sheathed weapon in one hand and draw it that way.  But sheathe/sword is what I was intending.

And I know they can be customized - except for the red/blue glowy part.

Edited by Incunabulum

Fine, then hold the sheathed weapon in one hand and draw it that way.  But sheathe/sword is what I was intending.

1: Use Blind Justice to hold the sword one handed, and the sheathe in the other.

2: The blue/orange part can definitely be customized, I would assume via energy colour on the weapon attachments.

All of the Nikana and Dragon Nikana's parts can be customized, I have no clue where you're getting this information. Also, Blind Justice' animations have the sheath always held in the left hand.

Edited by LazerSkink

1: Use Blind Justice to hold the sword one handed, and the sheathe in the other.

2: The blue/orange part can definitely be customized, I would assume via energy colour on the weapon attachments.

I'm *using* Blind Justice and no - you do not hold the sword in one hand and the sheathe in the other.  Like the other stance, the sheathe stays on your hip and you hold the handle, draw to attack, and then resheathe during any break in attacking.

But you're right about the customization.  I've been fiddling around with the wrong option because *technically* I don't have any attachments so I ignored the attachment coloring option. 

So thank you for that.

Edited by Incunabulum

I'm *using* Blind Justice and no - you do not hold the sword in one hand and the sheathe in the other.  Like the other stance, the sheathe stays on your hip and you hold the handle, draw to attack, and then resheathe during any break in attacking.

But you're right about the customization.  I've been fiddling around with the wrong option because *technically* I don't have any attachments so I ignored the attachment coloring option. 

So thank you for that.

Blind Justice uses the sheath in its blocking animation as well. Blocking with this stance results in the right side being covered by blade and the left being covered by sheath.

Holding the sheath even at your hip is still considered holding the sheath.