Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Calming Wonders Of Watering A Cactus.

Agentcheese

so today (or when I posted this) I went outside to water my potted cactus and only now way after doing it I realize just how relaxing it is.

in fact I don't think there currently is a thing that makes me feel as zen as it does.

you see normally im constantly thinking about cool story's in my head or other things like tf2 machnima ideas or what im going to draw next.

but when I was watering the cactus my whole mind just went blank. I wasn't thinking of anything. and I loved it. it felt really peaceful and it felt great since I got a lot of vitamin D from all the sunlight.

so ill end by asking the question. what do you find really relaxing?or have you ever had a cactus watering moment like I have?

As a kid, I was 'in charge' of watering plants, flowers, and some small vegetable growing in pots that my grandmother owned. Every evening I'd take watering pot and carefully pour in each and every pot making sure the plants got the right amount of water.

It was never boring but super chill and relaxing thing to do.

My plants have stupid little mites in them that refuse to die, and I have grown most of the plants from seeds so I really don't want to throw them away.

But to answer your question, yes. We are so occupied nowadays with constantly stimulating our minds through computers/TV/cellphones that simply sitting down and not doing anything for a moment almost comes as a shock with how revitalizing/relaxing it can be.

My plants have stupid little mites in them that refuse to die, and I have grown most of the plants from seeds so I really don't want to throw them away.

But to answer your question, yes. We are so occupied nowadays with constantly stimulating our minds through computers/TV/cellphones that simply sitting down and not doing anything for a moment almost comes as a shock with how revitalizing/relaxing it can be.

I wasn't saying it was that much of a shock for me personally. im very relaxed most of the time even when im on my computer.

but I still do get what you are saying and i agree. it is nice to slow down sometimes.

As a kid, I was 'in charge' of watering plants, flowers, and some small vegetable growing in pots that my grandmother owned. Every evening I'd take watering pot and carefully pour in each and every pot making sure the plants got the right amount of water.

It was never boring but super chill and relaxing thing to do.

that sounds even more relaxing then watering that cactus.

Working on anything mindless let's me free up my mind to think of anything- my mind feels better the harder it's working. Always been that way. If I ever feel like tuning everything out I just meditate (yes it's a thing) and generally feel refreshed mentally for the next 1-3 months.

Working on anything mindless let's me free up my mind to think of anything- my mind feels better the harder it's working. Always been that way. If I ever feel like tuning everything out I just meditate (yes it's a thing) and generally feel refreshed mentally for the next 1-3 months.

the fact that you feel refreshed for a whole month amazes me. 

I don't get how that could be possible at all. but its great it works that well for you anyway.