Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus, False Prophet And Betrayer

fishbane

Greetings, fellow Tenno. Many of you have asked questions about our enigmatic leader, the Lotus, and what her goals are. Through careful study and analysis of the few scraps that have been fed to us, I have come up with a theory, that, although farfetched, may explain the origins and intentions of our prophet. Tenno who are interested in uncovering our history, as I am, are more than welcome to contribute, debunk, or add to my wild ramblings. Enough groping around in the dark, my brethren. It is time we sought the full truth which has been meticulously hidden from us. 

We are the flickering shadows in the night. We are unstoppable, fearsome warriors who bring death to the battlefield. But despite our martial prowess, in terms of intelligence and insight, we are sorely lacking. 

https://warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-20

As this exchange shows, many Tenno lack insight into the inner workings of this universe, knowing only our mission and its objectives. Are we just mute peasants, doing as our master says, engorging ourselves on the thrill of killing? I liken most current Tenno to caged animals, kept in the dark until there is prey to be had. A fitting analogy, would you not say? The Liset is our cage, where we reside, isolated from other Tenno and the world at large, until we are called to hunt. What a shame. What wasted potential. We were named after the Divine Emperors of old, and we should act the part. Our leader seems in no hurry to enlighten us, to free us from this endless hunt. For our benefit, or for hers? You decide.

Nowhere does it say we "lack" insight. Cordylon says "Few Tenno contemplate the aftermath of their actions beyond completing their assigned task." that beyond means not many Tenno thinks if the aftermath of a mission. It says nothing about our own choices and will outside duty. You just presume we have no free will and follow her blindly but we do not.

First, we once did a mission for Darvo where he was our mission guide to help him out with a problem. The Lotud did not know about this.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/A_Favor_For_Darvo

Second, when the G3 shows up and she tells you to extract you can disobey her and kill them.

We have free will but we follow the Lotus because we have no reason not to and the Grineer and Corpus who are both very large factions either want us dead or to exploit us.

was also gonna reply to the radio transmission but others debunked that.

Where am I going with this train of thought, you ask? Well, here's where it gets interesting. As fellow Tenno DKDiamantes postulates (

), the Grineer Queens may be Orokin in nature. This lends credibility to the idea that the Queens are the leaders of both the Corpus and the Grineer. The Corpus perhaps may never accept a decrepit, flawed clone as a leader. An ancient ruler from the Empire that they so revere, though? Perhaps. If my theory holds true, then, what we are seeing, in terms of conflict between the Grineer and the Corpus, is not so much a war, but in fact, merely a class struggle. Is it so hard to believe? The Grineer are primitive, flawed beings, while the Corpus revel in their technological superiority. A struggling, crumbling Empire, there is no doubt about that. But a single Empire nonetheless. 

Now where does that leave our Lotus? Here is where I delve into the murkiest waters, relying on pure speculation. Please bear with me. Many of you Tenno have encountered a mysterious being. Wearing a custom Excalibur Warframe, sending threatening messages to slayers of high profile targets, both Grineer and Corpus. Ring a bell? Well, those who have delved into this mysterious being's history have uncovered a message about our past. Here it is:

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. "

Emperors. Queens. Could they be connected? Maybe it's just the poisonous gas clouds of Eris affecting my addled mind. To answer the question at last, then: Who is our Lotus? Well, given all the information above, let's paint a picture. 

-Who would have the intelligence, the status, and the clearance to allow such an assassination to occur, in the heart of the Orokin Empire? Perhaps the same leader we have now, so skilled with sabotage, infiltration, and hacking. 
-Who would be called a betrayer, a false prophet, for deceiving and manipulating Tenno to commit this heinous act?
-Who would gain the most from hiding the truth from her own private army, feeding them only information that she deems acceptable, in order to keep them in line and under control?
-Who was so highly regarded in the Orokin Empire that her symbol is plastered all over the Towers?

And lastly, the bombshell

-Who said that there were only two Queens?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Lotus, third Empress of the Orokin Empire, deceiver and betrayer. 

Your judgement awaits.

Hydroid Fishbane

Although its just pure speculation, your claim that the Lotus would be a third empress is pretty far fetched. We dont know how far the old war stretched and how many star systems it covered but we do know the Lotus was with us during that time when we were battling the Sentients. The proof can be found in the Mirage quest as the Lotus recalls a memory and also on her statement on Chroma when she sees it in the new strange quest.

My fellow Tenno, it wounds me, truly, to hear such accusations of heresy levelled against me. I seek not a rebellion against the Lotus, only the truth. I label her only as deceiver and betrayer, because that is what the other factions have named her. 

Personally? I think that what she's doing is a good thing. The Orokin Empire was corrupt, twisted, and evil. The experiments that led to your birth, Tenno, are proof of that. Keeping the Empire from recovering fully is a noble act that I fully support. However, the Arbiters of Hexis have opened my eyes. I am no longer content to be a mere attack dog. Trust me, Lotus. I can think on my own, and if your intentions are pure, you have nothing to hide from your loyal Tenno. 

Speaking of loyal Tenno...there are an awful lot that seem to be just on the brink of attacking me. Where is that lauded Tenno honor and solidarity? Perhaps it is not ME who is a heretic...

Watch your backs, fellow Tenno. Don't get hurt

From the depths, 

Hydroid Fishbane

P.S: Totally realized that this is in the wrong forum section, ahahahaha...silly me

Most of what you have said comes either from half known facts or is simply not true (radio transmissions) and you do label her as a deceiver and betrayer which are both pretty serious accusations. The deceiver part is understandable but the betrayer part? Not so much. To label her as a betrayer you basicly say shes gonna turn on us which is probaly why some Tenno here are hostile to you. Lastly, dont proclaim your syndicate when you made a error such as this. It shows the dangers of listening to much of the hubris that the arbiters spew out.

You're right, the Tenno do have some measure of free will in choosing who to help, and when. But isn't it a false choice? Most actions you take benefit the Lotus in one way or another. What we are sorely lacking, however, is information, which is vital in making choices. There is much about the solar system that we Tenno don't understand. How, then, can you call it a choice when we're acting on so little? We follow the Lotus's direction, because it's the only direction that we know. 

Maybe my theories are crazy. They're based on half facts, assumptions, and a lot of wishful thinking. But don't you think that that's better than not thinking at all? Millenia ago, our ancestors thought that their world was flat, and that everything orbited around them. A laughable claim, to be sure, now that we know better, but these assumptions provided a solid basis for the discovery of the real truth. People would go out and research points of interest, adding to or debunking portions of their worldview, and gradually coming closer to the truth. I think it's a hell of a lot better than, "The Lotus saved us and throws scraps of meat to us once in a while. UNWAVERING DEDICATION!", yeah?

As for the deceiver and betrayer part, what's important is WHAT she's deceiving and betraying. She's obviously not betraying US, as we are her private army. She's labelled as betrayer by both the Corpus and Grineer on several occasions, and my point in assigning this title to her was to find out the reason WHY she's called such by our enemies. 

As for the deceiver part? Come on. It's obvious that she's pulling the wool over our eyes for one reason or another. Even if you think my theory is delusional and half-baked, you can't deny that

You're right, the Tenno do have some measure of free will in choosing who to help, and when. But isn't it a false choice? Most actions you take benefit the Lotus in one way or another. What we are sorely lacking, however, is information, which is vital in making choices. There is much about the solar system that we Tenno don't understand. How, then, can you call it a choice when we're acting on so little? We follow the Lotus's direction, because it's the only direction that we know. 

Maybe my theories are crazy. They're based on half facts, assumptions, and a lot of wishful thinking. But don't you think that that's better than not thinking at all? Millenia ago, our ancestors thought that their world was flat, and that everything orbited around them. A laughable claim, to be sure, now that we know better, but these assumptions provided a solid basis for the discovery of the real truth. People would go out and research points of interest, adding to or debunking portions of their worldview, and gradually coming closer to the truth. I think it's a hell of a lot better than, "The Lotus saved us and throws scraps of meat to us once in a while. UNWAVERING DEDICATION!", yeah?

As for the deceiver and betrayer part, what's important is WHAT she's deceiving and betraying. She's obviously not betraying US, as we are her private army. She's labelled as betrayer by both the Corpus and Grineer on several occasions, and my point in assigning this title to her was to find out the reason WHY she's called such by our enemies. 

As for the deceiver part? Come on. It's obvious that she's pulling the wool over our eyes for one reason or another. Even if you think my theory is delusional and half-baked, you can't deny that

She have actually never been labeled as a betrayer by any of our enemies. The Corpus calls us Tenno betrayers but they have actually never said directly in the relation to the Lotus. Also if you where able to go anywhere you wanted, where would you go? The Grineer and Corpus both want you dead. You have no memory of the world or who you are and is therefor totally clueless about your situation. Yeah sure, im just going to not trust this purple lady who is the only person who havent tried to shoot or gut me.

Mabye the reason we stick with her is because we simply dont have a choice due to the circumstances of the situation our Tenno finds themself in. You simply cannot go out there and try to discover these things because you would die.

While it's true that she hasn't been called a betrayer directly, by extension of her being our leader, she is. The only problem with this theory is if we had a different leader during the overthrow of the Orokin Empire (I'm assuming that the overthrow is the reason for the betrayer label), but if there wasn't, it reinforces my idea that the Lotus was a figure of some importance who led the Tenno to betray the Empire. 

Yes, we may follow the Lotus because she's doing the right thing, but I don't think for a second that the Tenno are reliant on her for survival, at any point. We've established that there's a whole world out there, unknown to us. As masters of stealth, I don't think it'd be hard at all for an inclined Tenno to live a life of seclusion on some deserted stretch of land. Or heck, seeing as I have a Hydroid frame, I could just take a dip in an ocean and never be seen, ever.