Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus, False Prophet And Betrayer

fishbane

Greetings, fellow Tenno. Many of you have asked questions about our enigmatic leader, the Lotus, and what her goals are. Through careful study and analysis of the few scraps that have been fed to us, I have come up with a theory, that, although farfetched, may explain the origins and intentions of our prophet. Tenno who are interested in uncovering our history, as I am, are more than welcome to contribute, debunk, or add to my wild ramblings. Enough groping around in the dark, my brethren. It is time we sought the full truth which has been meticulously hidden from us. 

We are the flickering shadows in the night. We are unstoppable, fearsome warriors who bring death to the battlefield. But despite our martial prowess, in terms of intelligence and insight, we are sorely lacking. 

https://warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-20

As this exchange shows, many Tenno lack insight into the inner workings of this universe, knowing only our mission and its objectives. Are we just mute peasants, doing as our master says, engorging ourselves on the thrill of killing? I liken most current Tenno to caged animals, kept in the dark until there is prey to be had. A fitting analogy, would you not say? The Liset is our cage, where we reside, isolated from other Tenno and the world at large, until we are called to hunt. What a shame. What wasted potential. We were named after the Divine Emperors of old, and we should act the part. Our leader seems in no hurry to enlighten us, to free us from this endless hunt. For our benefit, or for hers? You decide.

https://warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-29

Here, her loyal Cephalon slips up. Ah. So there are civilians in the Solar System, whom we are forbidden to have contact with. While the excuse of not exposing civilians to tools of war is...acceptable, it does bring up some questions. For example, just how widespread is this never-ending conflict between Infested, Grineer, and Corpus, truly? We are exposed to only what the Lotus WANTS to expose. So then, fellow Tenno, I give you my best guess as to how great this conflict is. Are you prepared?

There is no conflict. There is no intergalactic war between the Grineer and Corpus. Infested, perhaps, but let's leave them out of the equation for now.

Shocked? Exasperated at my folly and naivete? Allow me to explain myself. Have you, fellow Tenno, ever come across these radio transmissions while meditating in your Liset? Allow me to transcribe them for you:

"Ke-tok-ke, enter the queue, stand by for punch. Ke-tok-ke, Mercury rail is ready to receive. Proceed. Glory to our Queens."

Hmm. Curious, isn't it? Clearly of Corpus origin, and yet...Queens? Are they not ruled by a council? Perhaps this is the work of a Grineer infiltrator, a slip of the tongue. Maybe. Ah, but wait:

"Bre-nek-tok-transport, broadcast your passage visa now. Passage visa accepted. Bre-nek-tok, you're free to go. Hail to the Queens."

Hmm. One transmission, I might accept as an anomaly. Two separate ones though? Harder to justify, isn't it? And even more curious, it notes more than one Queen. Which other faction has that? Ah. The Grineer. Both the Corpus and the Grineer are descended from the Orokin Empire. Is it too hard to imagine that the Empire of old, has, in fact, not collapsed entirely at all?

Where am I going with this train of thought, you ask? Well, here's where it gets interesting. As fellow Tenno DKDiamantes postulates (

), the Grineer Queens may be Orokin in nature. This lends credibility to the idea that the Queens are the leaders of both the Corpus and the Grineer. The Corpus perhaps may never accept a decrepit, flawed clone as a leader. An ancient ruler from the Empire that they so revere, though? Perhaps. If my theory holds true, then, what we are seeing, in terms of conflict between the Grineer and the Corpus, is not so much a war, but in fact, merely a class struggle. Is it so hard to believe? The Grineer are primitive, flawed beings, while the Corpus revel in their technological superiority. A struggling, crumbling Empire, there is no doubt about that. But a single Empire nonetheless. 

Now where does that leave our Lotus? Here is where I delve into the murkiest waters, relying on pure speculation. Please bear with me. Many of you Tenno have encountered a mysterious being. Wearing a custom Excalibur Warframe, sending threatening messages to slayers of high profile targets, both Grineer and Corpus. Ring a bell? Well, those who have delved into this mysterious being's history have uncovered a message about our past. Here it is:

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. "

Emperors. Queens. Could they be connected? Maybe it's just the poisonous gas clouds of Eris affecting my addled mind. To answer the question at last, then: Who is our Lotus? Well, given all the information above, let's paint a picture. 

-Who would have the intelligence, the status, and the clearance to allow such an assassination to occur, in the heart of the Orokin Empire? Perhaps the same leader we have now, so skilled with sabotage, infiltration, and hacking. 
-Who would be called a betrayer, a false prophet, for deceiving and manipulating Tenno to commit this heinous act?
-Who would gain the most from hiding the truth from her own private army, feeding them only information that she deems acceptable, in order to keep them in line and under control?
-Who was so highly regarded in the Orokin Empire that her symbol is plastered all over the Towers?

And lastly, the bombshell

-Who said that there were only two Queens?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Lotus, third Empress of the Orokin Empire, deceiver and betrayer. 

Your judgement awaits.

Hydroid Fishbane
Edited by fishbane

Another day, another heretic.

I don't trust the Lotus.

And I also don't trust conspiracy theorists.

But most of all, I don't trust people who use the term "heretic". Take your heresy accusations back to medieval Europe where they belong.

My fellow Tenno, it wounds me, truly, to hear such accusations of heresy levelled against me. I seek not a rebellion against the Lotus, only the truth. I label her only as deceiver and betrayer, because that is what the other factions have named her. 

Personally? I think that what she's doing is a good thing. The Orokin Empire was corrupt, twisted, and evil. The experiments that led to your birth, Tenno, are proof of that. Keeping the Empire from recovering fully is a noble act that I fully support. However, the Arbiters of Hexis have opened my eyes. I am no longer content to be a mere attack dog. Trust me, Lotus. I can think on my own, and if your intentions are pure, you have nothing to hide from your loyal Tenno. 

Speaking of loyal Tenno...there are an awful lot that seem to be just on the brink of attacking me. Where is that lauded Tenno honor and solidarity? Perhaps it is not ME who is a heretic...

Watch your backs, fellow Tenno. Don't get hurt

From the depths, 

Hydroid Fishbane

P.S: Totally realized that this is in the wrong forum section, ahahahaha...silly me

Edited by fishbane

Ah, but you wouldn't say no to these...what did you call them? Inquisitors? offing me at all. No, no, you would cheer as they rip me to pieces with chainswords and bolters and what have you. 

Truly a shame, "honorable" Tenno. Perhaps you could sit down and have a nice chat with the Grineer about solidarity.

Now, I'm not saying that you should watch your back while in my presence. No, not at all. I'm a morally upright and mentally stable Tenno.

Just don't get hurt.

With much love (from tentacles),

Hydroid Fishbane 

Edited by fishbane

And -I- am sure that that no third party has any business prying around Tenno intel gathering efforts, or what I do in my off time when I'm not giving the Corpus or Grinner loving squeezes (the things they ooze onto my precious loot, you would NOT believe. Ugh!). I accept judgement from the Lotus, and the Lotus only. Your Inquisitor friends can bite my watery hiney (please don't), or preferably, a few rounds from my Grinlok. 

For someone accusing me of misplacing my loyalties, you seem to put an awful lot of stock in these "Inquisitor" fellows. 

Stay sharp, and watch for rain!

Hydroid Fishbane

Heresy...

If only we had Inquisitors to deal with your kind.

I don't trust the Lotus.

And I also don't trust conspiracy theorists.

But most of all, I don't trust people who use the term "heretic". Take your heresy accusations back to medieval Europe where they belong.

I guess you could call me an inquisitor of sorts, punishing those I find to be unjust.

Usually, the only people I Switch Teleport out of the map are nubs spamming Peacemaker, but I guess I can make an exception for a few dark age church officials who appear to have found a time machine.

I'll be inside of a solid rock on Sechura or Draco if you need me.

there's a piece of dialogue I wanna bring to light here, between Lotus and Cephalon Simaris during the hunt for Chroma that goes something like:

"-something something Simaris withholding intel from Lotus-"

"Cephalon, why did you withhold this information?"

"You hide as much Lotus! I am above Substance! Above you! -cutting the rest due to irrelevance-"

this seems to suggest that the Lotus is hiding something rather big from us. What that is however, we don't know, all I know is that I've never trusted her.

Edited by Ninjaboy00

Yes, that dialogue factored into my theory as well. I didn't mention it because it doesn't add much to the theory, only reinforcing the fact that the Lotus is hiding something from us, which should come as no surprise. 

Another theory: Ordis constantly complains about not remembering facts about the old war and misplaced memories. He suggests that he himself may be the culprit, but what if it was the Lotus's doing, to hide information from us?

Just something to think about

You know folks.

This Lotus is not the real one. She is just an AI run amok. 

The real Lotus was the love interest of the Original Excalibur... who sacrificed its own powers to drive away the Sentients before. 

Its body was discovered, but powerless and memoryless but a Grineer researcher, which thought he could uncover the secrets of the Orokin by ressurecting it and indoctrinating him as a Grineer. Tyl Regor was responsible for this. 

This awakened one demonstrated cunning strategist skills and combat prowess, despite not having any Tenno powers to display - they were depleted, dormant or nonexistent, it was not possible to find out which. 

Soon it arose amongst the ranks of the Grineer, and started pursuing an obsessive interest in the secrets of the Orokin. The Queens called it off on the attempts to reawaken the Tenno as Grineer soldiers, much to the dismay of Tyl Regor. 

But the  high-ranking officer kept pursuing Orokin secrets and finding them, with an almost supernatural ability. Soon it was mastering how to merge Grineer and Orokin technology. But it needed to go further, and to understand more about the Tenno. 

The Queens were worried it could find out about its true nature, and de-ranked him, and stripped him of authority to continue research. Soon after, the newly awakened Tenno eventually cut him in half, but his body was consumed by an Orokin artifact he was carrying with himself almost like an amulet: the Janus Key. Vor is the original Excalibur. 

In Corrupted form, he is regenerating, and may eventually recover his memories, release himself from the Corruption, and bring light to it all: why did he betray the Orokin? why is this Lotus an impostor? Where is the real Lotus, is she even alive?

Vorscaliber theory

Interesting theory! How do you account for Vor's obvious DNA degradation though? Or are you saying that the Tenno are flawed clones just like the Grineer?

And speaking of Tyl Regor, he is a brilliant scientist and researcher. Do you think he has anything to do with the current AI Lotus, since he's already involved with Vorscalibur? 

8D

Interesting theory! How do you account for Vor's obvious DNA degradation though? Or are you saying that the Tenno are flawed clones just like the Grineer?

And speaking of Tyl Regor, he is a brilliant scientist and researcher. Do you think he has anything to do with the current AI Lotus, since he's already involved with Vorscalibur? 

8D

Tyl Regor was trying to repair Grineer DNA from strands of Vorscalibur. Why do you think he is so buff? While his research was incomplete, what he had resulted in some improvement. Just check out the Manics and Tyl Regor's new body. 

THe event which disabled Excalibur's powers seems to have disabled whatever was in his DNA which gives the Tenno their powers. The Void was responsible to activating it in the first place. That's why the Grineer couldn't recreate the Warframe powers. 

Personally I believe the Grineer Sisters are not even human. 

They are AIs just like the Lotus. 

Initially (read: after the Sentient were defeated, before the Orokin were driven away) they were a triumvirate of AIs programmed to be impartial Immortal Rulers, and provide balance to the Sol system and beyond. but a bunch of greedy bastards corrupted one or two of them to vote in favor of themselves. Another group ran away with one of them, which was also tampered with. In the end, the Grineer Queens are actually clones of one of these AIs. Lotus is the other. Both have been tampered with. THe third one is MIA/Lost/killed/forgotten/hidden/TBD (whatever works better for future lore).

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe