Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Sure If This Topic Has Already Been Made, But I'll Do It Anyway.

RagingGrizzly

Unless something changed recently I remember the bronco family not having damage fall off, so maybe they will not get the buff.

I d not believe the Brakk is in need of it and don't recall whether or not the Pyrana has fall of damage.

The pyrana does not has fall of damage :D. Yay.

Well, not directly, but it does have pellet spread which is basically the real life version of "fall off".

I'm curious about Redeemer, actually. It's kinda like a shotgun...

Also, Phage. I'm guessing "no" but I can't be sure.

Well, not directly, but it does have pellet spread which is basically the real life version of "fall off".

Real life fall off is how they originally interpreted it. Once leaving the wad the pellets have less mass and slow down at a very fast rate. The smaller the pellet the quicker they will slow down and the less distance they will travel.

But on topic, unfortunately I don't believe these are "shotguns" and I think they were likely over looked.

The thing is that the secondary shotguns don't really need a buff.

The big issue was that they had iffy damage thanks to their damage fall-off but the secondary shotguns also have two multi-shot mods to use which do add a significant amount of damage to them.

So, probably not but maybe.

I'm curious about Redeemer, actually. It's kinda like a shotgun...

If anything, I feel like the shotguns are really just being brought up to the level of the Redeemer. Redeemer not only already has ragdoll (even at long range) it also has innate punch through. You really get the impression you're firing a really powerful weapon, especially with the sounds and screen shake.

I remember when I fired the redeemer I thought "This is what shotguns should feel like" and it looks like that's what's happening.

ahh... remembering fondly the days of yore...when all you had to do was point and click and the Brakk killed it all, before the nerf.  I hardly ever use it now.  But in all honesty - that's cause it doesn't have a radial pulse effect like the syndicate weapons.  The day it get's something like that is the day all my other side arms start gathering dust.

If they do buff hand shotguns then it would probably be the falloff damage and nothing else.

Nope - I believe Scott said in Devstream that in addition to the falloff mechanic getting tweaked (later falloff /  less falloff) that shotties are getting a damage buff across the board.  I think he said 10-12 meters was going to be the optimum engagement range (at least on some) and while not specific, I believe the indication that we are not talking a few points here and there, but real significant buffs.