Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bs Augment

saintsspider

Can we get a better augment for ash p BS then the one which we already have, with more emphasis towards chaining targets IE

Augment BS : near the end of a BS if there are more targets around the last enemy ash BS will start a  chain linkage towards those, this will cost another set of energy that is used upon activation of BS but without any delay or lack of vulnerability to ash. If there are unlimited no. of enemies spawning Ash p will continue its BS until all his energy is utilized.

Also a little buff to (stock) Ash BS ability should be introduced I.E if there are 2 targets in close proximity to each other he would wreck both in one shot (animation should show something like a double finisher attack or something kool).

Feel free to add or subtract anything but i really feel that the augment for BS is quite useless.

Also can we get a toggle for BS cuz sometimes at level 100 enemies once u go BS you never go back, and he takes sucha  long time, toggle would be good in this case cuz sometimes you need to leave ur current BS and help out a team mate or run or etc 

Edited by saintsspider

so basicly you want him to keep jumping around targets untill he runs out of energy... witch would be basicly never if you use carrier...

A quick alteration to the augment in line with most drain abilities would do it.

Rising storm is kinda useless if u go max str build on your ash; thereby defeating the purpose of the mod itself, with max FE and max TF the normal duration of combo goes down to 9 secs >>>100% increase in duration LOL 1.8 mins so um..... no use there 

Only a niche market for the mod if ure going in on a duration build which most people wont I guess 

I think DE needs to kill the timer of melle combo connected to ur duration % on ur warframe. Just make a melee counter to 4 secs by default with no effect from you warframe build , after all melee needs more love 

Rising storm is kinda useless if u go max str build on your ash; thereby defeating the purpose of the mod itself, with max FE and max TF the normal duration of combo goes down to 9 secs >>>100% increase in duration LOL 1.8 mins so um..... no use there 

Only a niche market for the mod if ure going in on a duration build which most people wont I guess 

I think DE needs to kill the timer of melle combo connected to ur duration % on ur warframe. Just make a melee counter to 4 secs by default with no effect from you warframe build , after all melee needs more love 

Yeah....ok, try a little reading about Rising storm from ppl who've actually play tested it first b4 you whine about it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/

as an aside: just because you don't know how a mod actually works in conjunction with abilities/melee counters/stats or what not doesn't mean it's useless. 

Edited by TennoMordant

Rising Storm is already a really strong augment increasing damage of BS by a lot, if you know how to use it that is. Plus it makes Melee only Ash really strong as well.

And making BS a toggle is a terrible idea. 

Bladestorm toggle is not a bad idea

Its actually a great idea some ppl dnt wanna sit there till Ash decides to finish BS 

Its actually very convenient, what if i wanna end BS every time my trickery procs or i need to save an ally or cryopod etc.

We need to consider everyones feelings on this not just yours and the majority have wanted a Cancel button for Bladestorm 

Edited by ShadowsofKoga

Yeah....ok, try a little reading about Rising storm from ppl who've actually play tested it first b4 you whine about it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/

as an aside: just because you don't know how a mod actually works in conjunction with abilities/melee counters/stats or what not doesn't mean it's useless. 

Have u even read what i wrote

I said with max TF (transient Fortitude) and max FE (fleeting expertiese) ur duration goes so low that even with augment mod ur combo multiplier dont last more then 2 secs.... so its useless on a max strength build....

Bladestorm toggle is not a bad idea

Its actually a great idea some ppl dnt wanna sit there till Ash decides to finish BS 

Its actually very convenient, what if i wanna end BS every time my trickery procs or i need to save an ally or cryopod etc.

We need to consider everyones feelings on this not just yours and the majority have wanted a Cancel button for Bladestorm 

Finally someone who gets it,

Its always good to get an off switch, so many times i want to use BS to kill enemies around my downed team mate and get trickery arcane to be triggered ...Arcane gets triggered but near 50 min mark ash BS would most times take well over 20 secs thereby 

1. letting me not save my buddy

2. Getting my arcane trickery not to benefit me

Have u even read what i wrote

I said with max TF (transient Fortitude) and max FE (fleeting expertiese) ur duration goes so low that even with augment mod ur combo multiplier dont last more then 2 secs.... so its useless on a max strength build....

Yeah...I got that, but LOTS of augments are useless for Frames that use a max strength build (that's why max strength builds usually are for Draco farmers). That's supposed to happen. That's DE's way of telling us that if we go max strength we're trading a lot for something specific. Telling me you can't have a max strength build and enough duration for Rising Storm to be worth a slot is redundant. It'd be like telling me that a smokescreen build wont work with a max strength build. 

BS doesn't need a new augment or an rework for the augment. It actually is strong, for those that understand how to mod for it and use it. You're OP is a suggestion for a new BS augment. I simply replied that you don't need one since Rising Storm is good.

You replied to that saying that it's useless. And then I tried to point you to someone who actually has play tested Rising Storm so you can see that it isn't useless.

But I guess it's too hard to click and read. 

I'm the author of that guide https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/ and from my experience using Rising Storm with a maxed duration build works wonders for a melee centric playstyle.

Here's the build I'm using and the results of that build below >

G7Qc2vV.jpg

Ycrj3ET.jpg

Look at the combo counter in the second screenshot. The results can be double as good with a maxed and strong melee weapon. So yeah the augment is more about making Ash more geared towards melee than using Bladestorm all the time, which is exactly what I used to do before I got the augment. :)

For more information please refer to the guide.

Edited by Sci_Ant

I'm the author of that guide https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/ and from my experience using Rising Storm with a maxed duration build works wonders for a melee centric playstyle.

Here's the build I'm using and the results of that build below >

G7Qc2vV.jpg

Ycrj3ET.jpg

Look at the combo counter in the second screenshot. The results can be double as good with a maxed and strong melee weapon. So yeah the augment is more about making Ash more geared towards melee than using Bladestorm all the time, which is exactly what I used to do before I got the augment. :)

For more information please refer to the guide.

I actually went to you thread and got a lot of info from that

then i went in game and used some builds

heres what i got 

You cant reach a point where you can have nice str and nice duration for the augment to work easily

Its either a nice duration where you can keep the chain of combo going or vice versa

For max Str the augment is crap as it would be near impossible to chain your combos (max i went was 54 something)

BS augment should only be used with Max duration builds

You also need good eff as on high tiers Eximuses eat your energy 

Having Sy gammacor quipped and  Carrier helps a lot as the passive of Sy gammacor helps you keep the energy flowing and carrier helps you grab energy and loot.

Onething now i have to test though, is duration build much better for BS playstyle or MAx str build much better

At low tier Max str is pretty nice with Melee aura 

still have to test on high tier with level 100 enemies

I actually went to you thread and got a lot of info from that

then i went in game and used some builds

heres what i got 

You cant reach a point where you can have nice str and nice duration for the augment to work easily

Its either a nice duration where you can keep the chain of combo going or vice versa

For max Str the augment is crap as it would be near impossible to chain your combos (max i went was 54 something)

BS augment should only be used with Max duration builds

You also need good eff as on high tiers Eximuses eat your energy 

Having Sy gammacor quipped and  Carrier helps a lot as the passive of Sy gammacor helps you keep the energy flowing and carrier helps you grab energy and loot.

Onething now i have to test though, is duration build much better for BS playstyle or MAx str build much better

At low tier Max str is pretty nice with Melee aura 

still have to test on high tier with level 100 enemies

Thanks for reading my guide and you are right, other than with infested enemies there is no way to keep a good balance of duration and strength for an augmented BS.

The aug is only really useful if you have a Disarm Loki, infested enemies or really high level when there are always enemies around you in a defense or survival for example.

I can tell you that if you go max strength with the Steel Charge aura it would be very easy to kill level 100 enemies since I can easily kill Level 95 Corrupted Eximus groups of 12 in one Bladestorm using just 230 % power strength and no Steel charge.

Is it even supposed to be influenced by duration mods? Thers no entry in the wiki, since it doesn't give a direct time but a percentual buff on a seperate timer....

Yes it is influenced by duration mods, I have tested this and put my findings here > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489835-ashs-rising-storm-augment-a-study/

The formula for duration for a positive duration Rising Storm build will be = 3 + (3 * Power Duration/100)