Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Don't Get This (Cs:go)

TheErebus.

Well you see when a person unboxes a knife lets say and it most likely could be 1 of a kind because there are 5 tiers of grades and then like i dunno 12 different style patterns so most likely the person will get a 1 of a kind knife.

Then the person puts it to steam community market it has no listings because its so rare to get the very same knife with same color pattern and usage tier so the person can put what ever price they want on it really.

But that doesn't mean someone will buy it for that price.

Well you see when a person unboxes a knife lets say and it most likely could be 1 of a kind because there are 5 tiers of grades and then like i dunno 12 different style patterns so most likely the person will get a 1 of a kind knife.

Then the person puts it to steam community market it has no listings because its so rare to get the very same knife with same color pattern and usage tier so the person can put what ever price they want on it really.

But that doesn't mean someone will buy it for that price.

One of the price listing for an assault rifle went over $302.

That is insane. For a skin of all things.

Edited by TheErebus.

Agreed. Instead they could spend all that money buying Platinum, the premium currency in Digital Extremes' MMOTPS title Warframe™.

If you see this reply rest assured that I am not an ad bot created by Digital Extremes or in any way affiliated with Digital Extremes.

Agreed. Instead they could spend all that money buying Platinum, the premium currency in Digital Extremes' MMOTPS title Warframe™.

If you see this reply rest assured that I am not an ad bot created by Digital Extremes or in any way affiliated with Digital Extremes.

Totally trustworthy and a much better investment!

It's because of the rarity, design, condition and also how popular the gun is. A purple rarity Ak-47 in Factory New will be worth more than a red rarity Galil because Galils are very hard to use and you'll rarely see people use it. 

Knifes are stupidly rare, on top of that there is couple of different kinds. Gut Knife being the worst to obtain.

Edit: If warframe required you to open cases/boxes etc which required irl currency to obtain some skins for your weapons/frames. It'd just end up same as csgo.

Edited by Husla

It's the same with some of Dota 2's items.

Are these items just skins or are they something else entirely?

It's because of the rarity, design, condition and also how popular the gun is. A purple rarity Ak-47 in Factory New will be worth more than a red rarity Galil because Galils are very hard to use and you'll rarely see people use it. 

Knifes are stupidly rare, on top of that there is couple of different kinds. Gut Knife being the worst to obtain.

It's still a skin, something that you can live without. Hell, people were living without it before CS:GO, on the original Counter Strike. 

To spend that much amount of money on a skin just for aesthetic appeal is both stupid and insane.

Edited by TheErebus.

Haha, all those deranged fools who play CS GO for Counter Strike and not for the glorified lottery disguised as hat trading thing.

Wait.

It's the same with some of Dota 2's items.

But CS GO has more of it because it's essentially a gamble.

Edited by Artarrwen

Most of if not all the skins for the knives are expensive as all hell, even the Rust ones(that's right as the name implies it's rust on a different knife). My reasoning is because if you put into perspective for those that play any CS : which weapon do you always have regardless of your money(as in in-game currency)? what do you always hold running around besides your primary and secondary, that's right! the knife!.... But of course idk why it's that stupidly expensive...

Of course that's if you put any sense of logic... without that it's basically, it's a rare skin, everyone uses that weapon/wants it really bad, so why the f not. There's no rules dictating what the price should be, except maybe logic and morals but who cares~ it's the internet~ Greed~ woooo.... fun stuff ya know

Edited by TheArchAngel

Or you know, Pay for rent, Bills, food etc... or Anything really to increase the longevity of your life, the only reason I conclude as to why they are so expensive is literally they're the rarest things in game but other than that? Greed followed by gullible fools maybe

Are these items just skins or are they something else entirely?

It's still a skin, something that you can live without. Hell, people were living without it before CS:GO, on the original Counter Strike. 

To spend that much amount of money on a skin just for aesthetic appeal is both stupid and insane.

Its not the same with dota 2 items really they all are completely different and not skins.

Most of if not all the skins for the knives are expensive as all hell, even the Rust ones(that's right as the name implies it's rust on a different knife). My reasoning is because if you put into perspective for those that play any CS : which weapon do you always have regardless of your money(as in in-game currency)? what do you always hold running around besides your primary and secondary, that's right! the knife!.... But of course idk why it's that stupidly expensive...

Of course that's if you put any sense of logic... without that it's basically, it's a rare skin, everyone uses that weapon, so why the f not.

Primarily because it's rare I think. On average you'd need to dump a lot of money into cases to get one, and if you want to turn a profit on selling it you'll need to set a high price.

And then economics happen.

Or you know, Pay for rent, Bills, food etc... or Anything really to increase the longevity of your life, the only reason I conclude as to why they are so expensive is literally they're the rarest things in game but other than that? Greed followed by gullible fools maybe

The fact they are rare, just makes me feel sad for the people who spend over $100 for these skins. I mean, you could get like several games with that amount of money, yet you spend it on a skin. 

Like with TF2, I understand how expensive certain weapons are. Because they have different effects when compared to other weapons, but when it comes down to just their coloration, then things start getting stupid.

Edited by TheErebus.

Its not the same with dota 2 items really they all are completely different and not skins.

The fact that they change your hero/gun's appearance cosmetically and that some of them command absurd prices in the market makes them similar.

The fact that they change your hero/gun's appearance cosmetically and that some of them command absurd prices in the market makes them similar.

The fact that expensive items are generally not obtained by dumping tons of money into lottery boxes makes them different.

That's a little different than what I've seen in CS:GO.

The thing is, if there's a rare item, it can be either directly purchased from Valve, or obtained at an event or a tournament or something.
Not by gambling.