The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

H Draco, No Exploits, Just Play As It's Intended To Be Played

Fifield

After taking part in one of many thousands of the daily 'exploits' using Mesa on Draco and stopping after 4 rounds, I wondered what was the point.

It's so easy to go 4 rounds anyway and it's a heck of a lot more fun than:
a) being Mesa who gets close to zero XP;
b) being Trinity who gets yelled at for either not having any enemies left to EV or not being in the SnowGlobe and trying to explain why between EVing enemies every 4s;
c) Frost who does little else than protect Mesa.

Yes, a 4th player can leech off them with some unranked warframe.  Is that the point?

So I asked in Recruitment: "H Draco, no exploits, just play as it's intended to be played"

Really hard to get people,  took about 10 mins using 2 continents.  One kid raged and called us noobs for not using an exploit.

But we stomped Draco and had fun doing so.

Dare to not be a sheep and think outside your conditioning.  Play like a Tenno.  Play like a Warrior-God.

I take issue with the word exploit. I don't generally utilize Draco farms to level, however, It is simply hyper efficient optimization and team play, which does not necessarily = fun. However, it's also not an exploit.

Congratulations for having fun, but for some people fun is secondary to efficiency. Neither method of playing Draco is wrong.

I have been pushing for that exploit to be fixed along with many other broken core game issues that's been dragged on for a long time.

If you have time to take a look, read this thread comment and support it so we can have everyone look into unhealthy game-play issues for it to be fixed.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/473228-revised-warframes-issue-farming-and-the-unhealthy-progression-of-this-game/

Edited by MikeTheAshmigo

I take issue with the word exploit. I don't generally utilize Draco farms to level, however, It is simply hyper efficient optimization and team play, which does not necessarily = fun. However, it's also not an exploit.

Congratulations for having fun, but for some people fun is secondary to efficiency. Neither method of playing Draco is wrong.

Draco is borderline exploit, DE has specifically stated they don't want to ruin our efficiency to farm and gain an edge into doing so, but this mission has been far from being actually the initiative to playing the game mode as how DE intended interceptions to be played from the very beginning.

After taking part in one of many thousands of the daily 'exploits' using Mesa on Draco and stopping after 4 rounds, I wondered what was the point.

Thousands? Bruv name 20.

b) being Trinity who gets yelled at for either not having any enemies left to EV or not being in the SnowGlobe and trying to explain why between EVing enemies every 4s;

No one has claimed going 4 rounds on Draco isn't easy. I could do that solo, melee only. That isn't a challenge. But it isn't efficient either, people use setups like the ones you listed because they prefer to do things in a timely manner and would like to get through formaing their soon-to-be-buffed Supra 4 more times, because 4 forma is for babies.

So I asked in Recruitment: "H Draco, no exploits, just play as it's intended to be played"

Really hard to get people,  took about 10 mins using 2 continents.  One kid raged and called us noobs for not using an exploit.

When you send out a message like that on recruiting chat don't be surprised that no one wants to run it with you. You sound kinda passive aggressive at the players using predefined setups. The guy raging at you sounds like a pleb, though. What I'm truly curious about is why you think using frames in conjunction with each other is an exploit. Is using EV trinity wrong? No. Is using Mesa's ultimate wrong? No. Why would using both together be wrong? 

Good job, would you like a cookie? People have different playstyles and find different things fun. I'm not saying I find it fun to sit in my globe all day, but don't judge me for protecting the fragile caster frame on my team while simultaneously capping baddies.

Dare to not be a sheep and think outside your conditioning.  Play like a Tenno.  Play like a Warrior-God.

Get off this holier than thou garbage. Nobody is a sheep because they play the game efficiently. 

Well said sir, well said.

Sadly you will also get allot of hate by the real noob exploiters that will read this.

But hopefully someday these ppl will wake up, and start to have fun in warframe, that is a video game meant for entertainment and fun.

Edited by 7grims

When you send out a message like that on recruiting chat don't be surprised that no one wants to run it with you. You sound kinda passive aggressive at the players using predefined setups. The guy raging at you sounds like a pleb, though. What I'm truly curious about is why you think using frames in conjunction with each other is an exploit. Is using EV trinity wrong? No. Is using Mesa's ultimate wrong? No. Why would using both together be wrong? 

Nothing is wrong with using Trinity and Mesa as a form of efficient farming tool, neither was Gmag with Mesa an issue either.

The Issue many people have been having with this team composition is in the way it's used, in a specific map and tile that abuses the mass killing of large spawns and ultimately does not focus towards the objective of trying to actually play the game, rather extend the way how the game produces mobs for everyone to kill and loot from. Now I'm not out acting like a jerk telling everyone who and how everyone should play, but there should be a common sense and to a degree know that these farming methods hurt general game-play and I can guarantee you, that is not how DE wanted the layout of their game to be. It's not the player's fault for finding such methods, it's DE and it's up to them to fix the issue rather than putting on band-aids for these problems.

Draco is borderline exploit, DE has specifically stated they don't want to ruin our efficiency to farm and gain an edge into doing so, but this mission has been far from being actually the initiative to playing the game mode as how DE intended interceptions to be played from the very beginning.

I don't think it's just draco mate, any xp endless can be run this way. Its more so mesa than anything. Change the boring arse frame

Draco is definitely an amazing place for exp. However, playing with random frames and playstyles is amazingly fun. I've gone sniper mode, finding a great perch with the vectis. I've played tank Saryn with regenerative molt and no miasma. Banshee with a quanta cuts through enemies like butter. Ash with only teleport and finisher kills. There's so much fun that could be had, but these exploits make the game boring

I don't think it's just draco mate, any xp endless can be run this way. Its more so mesa than anything. Change the boring arse frame

As much as I feel mesa could be pointed at as a culprit for being an asset to how Draco has been running, it's not the warframe's fault nor is it the player's fault for trying to find the most efficient way to farm. A group of team farming up to specifically camp a specific mission like Tower 4 survival is just that, camp. You don't level up your weapons easily in just 20 minutes, your warframe abilities all go together well to make sure everyone survives, your're not able to loot much from mass hordes of killing as you can bring up to the amount of how Mesa clear's an interception mission in Ceres. That is why I basically said that Draco is borderline exploit, because players who set up a team to do just that aren't focusing the objective of the game rather looting affinity, cores, exp and rare materials all at once in an efficient manner that is somewhat unhealthy.

Though I won't lie about mesa, I feel she needs to be changed, Peacemaker not saying it's overpowered (but it is an aimbot) because in late-game it wouldn't affect much and her damage falls off without friendly buffs, but her 4 allows it to synergize so well to clearing low level enemies that it opens the gate to exploits and for that reason she's popular only for that one ability to basically overshadow every single one of her own ability to be made as a fun and useful frame.

Edited by MikeTheAshmigo

As much as I feel mesa could be pointed at as a culprit for being an asset to how Draco has been running, it's not the warframe's fault nor is it the player's fault for trying to find the most efficient way to farm. A group of team farming up to specifically camp a specific mission like Tower 4 survival is just that, camp. You don't level up your weapons easily in just 20 minutes, your warframe abilities all go together well to make sure everyone survives, your're not able to loot much from mass hordes of killing as you can bring up to the amount of how Mesa clear's an interception mission in Ceres. That is why I basically said that Draco is borderline exploit, because players who set up a team to do just that aren't focusing the objective of the game rather looting affinity, cores, exp and rare materials all at once in an efficient manner that is somewhat unhealthy.

Though I won't lie about mesa, I feel she needs to be changed, Peacemaker not saying it's overpowered (but it is an aimbot) because in late-game it wouldn't affect much and her damage falls off without friendly buffs, but her 4 allows it to synergize so well to clearing low level enemies that it opens the gate to exploits and for that reason she's popular only for that one ability to basically overshadow every single one of her own ability to be made as a fun and useful frame.

I agree about mesa, and it's the reason i refuse to get her. Personally if they did something along the lines of what they did with excal ult( toned down of course, his ult is a bit overwhelming) that would be just fine and a lot more fun.

Most of the problems come from the incredibly open map that is Draco. Its always the exact same tileset, and its a tileset that allows for 1 mesa to cover every single capture point. And if it wasn't a mesa sitting there the more standard combos of Nova/Frost or Saryn or whatever was found to be more efficient. Draco is one mission out of 237 distinct nodes, and its the map itself that needs to be altered not so much the individual frames themselves.

TL:DR Fix the map to fix the game.

Why do you think [DE] finally addressed Greedy Pull but mentioned not a peep about what it primarily fueled - Peacemaker and Mesa?  It's no coincidence it came at the same time as they released Carrier Prime - giving people a reason to want to purchase/farm the popular personal Greedy Pull surrogate.

I'm pretty sure [DE], despite marketing Warframe as a 3rd person action shooter, has realized the more simplistic, watered down, and predictable the game became the more POPULAR as well.  One has only to look at Recruiting for how requested the most exploitable frames are like Loki, Nova, and Mesa.

It's become Pokémon where the goal is to "catch them all" and actual gameplay runs contradictory to efficient farming.  Sad that old school gamers want a challenge but modern ones want a power fantasy where you literally press the same button over and over and get rewarded for it.

Yes, a 4th player can leech off them with some unranked warframe.  Is that the point?

Long time ago i had same problem.

Go to Stephano (uranus) - You get key, quick xp, some loot but players play it normally. no mesa+trin combo

After use forma i always play here and enjoy it.

I've seen allot less Mesa's on Draco since greedy pull got changed.

I think the problem is that the game mechanics are kind o broken and really encourage exploits, rather than letting players play in the way they enjoy without punishing them too much.

Exploit, despite its negative connotation - "unfair advantage" - which you are implying here, can also mean "making full use of a resource." If I want to burn through 20,000 reputation quickly and go about my day, Draco is one of the most efficient ways to do it. I can solo Draco with Loki until very high waves... so what?

Or you can run 2 Mesas, each of whom is going to get roughly half the XP, and the Trin can comfortably refill one of them while the other one is shooting.

If you find normal Dracos to be fun, go for it! I think that's perfectly fine. You can queue in public and you'll find a lot of people doing the same. But if you want to convince me to drop efficient XP farming, then you're missing the point of why people do it.

Edited by stoybot

It's not an exploit.

You're not breaking any rule.

You're not using any bug, glitch, or broken part of the game.

You're optimizing the time you have to spend farming whatever it is you're farming.

It's called having a brain and using it.

It's not an exploit.

You're optimizing the time you have to spend farming whatever it is you're farming.

More like sacrificing enjoyment for efficiency, but yeah no one's doing anything wrong here.

Yes, I don't consider using Mesa's ult in a fairly normal manner to be much of an exploit.  Indeed, how is it an exploit if it gets you nothing more than playing Draco for fun does?

My point was more about how alien a concept it apparently was to the community to play Draco using anything other than exploits.  And why are players bored with Mesa thinking it's more efficient when it isn't really?

Efficiency is a means to an end.  What end?

Getting new warframes is one of the most fun things in the game but we're forced to pay or wait 3 days and even then you're unranked.  Plus it's nice to have them if you need them.  It's not surprising players are keen to get their new warframe levelled but does it lead to more entertainment than doing T1s or equivalent?  I doubt it.

Ranking guns/weapons/sentinels etc is easy, even in high tier content.

So I'm just reminding players that there's more to Warframe than alleged efficiency.  There's a whole game out there that you've learned to not enjoy...

One kid raged and called us noobs for not using an exploit.

That person was a moron.

Dare to not be a sheep and think outside your conditioning.

People making the best of their time isn't being a "sheep". Blame the game, not the player. I'd prefer playing varied non-endless missions using non-optimal equipment if it gave me the same rewards "cheesing" the game does.

Edited by The_Doc

It's not an exploit.

to me that is an exploit, that's like saying I have a brain to know how to manipulate spawn waves for egate, yet even though I can kill thousand upon thousand of enemies, once I'm done doing so I can just do one extractor and extract with all my goodies is what you're saying, sadly it shouldn't fly with this community nor is that the way DE intended you to play interception mission.

You get more XP while reading a magazine, watching TV, playing another game etc. than you do having fun in Warfarme.

Disappointing really...