The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Rollers Need Buffs

Frostvalor

Hello I have been playing for a while now and have gotten to know most of the enemies and their factions. However, there is one enemy that has gotten my attention - as the title says, its the Roller.

As far as I know, Grineer rollers always tend to die before they even reach 10m in front of the player, which is kind of sad because their only purpose is to give that semi-stagger effect on the player, and if they can't do that they should be better off be replaced by ballistas - which can take you out from a distance instead.

I suggest that Rollers be given higher armor stats just to make it more balanced. They should at least scare us players a bit so that we move away while shooting them instead of just standing still knowing they pose no threat. I feel kind of sad for Steel Meridian as well. This would also make our foundry crafted Roller Specters stronger as well and more effective.

For a more strategic sense, I think Rollers should spawn with a group of power fists (kinda like how MOAs are in front for the corpus faction) so that when we, Tenno, get staggered by the Roller, the power fists (or any enemy melee unit) can do their jobs. To counter this, the player should of course just move away from the Roller while shooting it. This opens room for more active movement especially with update 17. Maybe the roller can come with a variety of sizes as well as be able to roll across walls to chase down Tenno.

and no... I'm not a grineer spy trying to gain favor through the forums :) Thank you!