Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 And Warframe

Jimissen

Question

I just recently did my upgrade to windows 10 and when I try and make my warframe full screen it goes black and doesn't do anything else. I'm not able to change the setting to fullscreen without it locking up ive tried multiple thing to attempt to fix it with no success.​

13 answers to this question

New OS, what do you expect? I pity those who did that status bar "free" upgrade XD (not saying OP did, cause i do not know) those who upgraded that way are forever W10 beta testers (unless they pay for a new copy or revert back to old OS) and get buggy updates before stable it released to everyone else >.>

does borderless fullscreen work? it works just was well as actual fullscreen

Edited by OvAeons

New OS, what do you expect? I pity those who did that status bar "free" upgrade XD (not saying OP did, cause i do not know) those who upgraded that way are forever W10 beta testers (unless they pay for a new copy or revert back to old OS) and get buggy updates before stable it released to everyone else >.>

Windows 10 works fine with warframe full screen I was playing it last night with no issues

You have to apply for the beta system updates or the "Windows Insider" program by yourself, that is an Opt-In mechanism.

And to the OP, you could try to start with enable window mode in the launcher and starting the game up, then go to the option menu and select fullscreen mode and the lowest resolution possible. if that is working you can slowly increase the resolution (by hitting apply after every resolution change) or you could also try the "Borderless Fullscreen" which is a window that uses your normal resolution and then removes the borders, so it "looks" like fullscreen and is in general much more friendly to using alt+tab with.

Now, unless you backtrack that Win10 update, all you can do is wait until Microsoft fixes away these weird bugs and incompatibility.

Like the ones 8.1 users are stuck with? Many are upgrading just because they're tired of the same old bugs.

Like the ones 8.1 users are stuck with? Many are upgrading just because they're tired of the same old bugs.

What bugs? The only reason Win8 is a S#&$ty OS is because it was mainly developed for tablets, and then "ported" to desktops and laptops, in the time I have been using Win8, I never had any problems with it, except for the fact that some features it has are totally wrong for desktops, and it's a lot heavier than any other OS.

There's no gamebreaking bugs in Win8. It has problems, but I can run any game perfectly without any hassle.

What bugs? The only reason Win8 is a S#&$ty OS is because it was mainly developed for tablets, and then "ported" to desktops and laptops, in the time I have been using Win8, I never had any problems with it, except for the fact that some features it has are totally wrong for desktops, and it's a lot heavier than any other OS.

There's no gamebreaking bugs in Win8. It has problems, but I can run any game perfectly without any hassle.

w8 was great, it's 8.1 that broke everything. I can't even right click without explorer.exe crashing.

You can stop insider builds anytime you want. It's an option in the settings.

Just want to bump this thread because I, too have this problem. Without any discernible pattern, the render for the game will freeze up, sometimes go to black. Afterwards, I can still hear my character responding to inputs, but the image will just be stuck. Running NVidia's Win 10 driver.